Week 2 - Day 1 (Continued)

Three Months

September 23, 2013 (Continued)

 

I didn’t give him the chance to speak up for I walked out on him after I made my statement. I purposely ignored Tao’s pleads to stop because if no one has the guts to put that jerk to his place, I will, but later. For now, I really need to release my anger and so I ran up to the roof. I haven’t had my Mocha Cookie Crumble yet and I felt as if I just wasted energy to climb up the stairs because I find myself rushing back down and running out of school. Students are free to do anything they want for lunch just at least they come back at the appropriate time but I only had five minutes left so YOLO.

 

I continued to run out of the school with my wallet and phone in my hands with my backpack loosely hanging off my back. I needed Starbucks, now. I ran as fast as I can to the nearest Starbucks which I had time to look up before I left for school this morning. I made it inside, gasping for air. I limply walked up to the counter and caught my breath, “Mocha… Cookie Crumble… one shot.” I placed ten dollars on the counter and the cashier looked at me as if asking me if I’m okay. I nodded and told them to hurry for my class restarts in less than five minutes. It was a good thing that Starbucks was kind of empty at this time.

 

I walked back to school, delighted that I finally got what I wanted and that my anger has long gone away. I didn’t really care if I was late for school right now because I could just tell them that I got lost on the way back. I was too focused on my drink that I didn’t notice I was already at school. The place was empty, telling me that class has already begun. I shrug as if there’s nothing that could come between me and my lover, the Mocha Cookie Crumble. It’s true; this drink is my second love, followed by Pocky and then, Ramen. My first love, you see, is the extremely handsome member of SHINee, Taemin. The y, maknae, dancer of the band stole my heart. So yeah, I was really happy when I won those tickets and met him for real.

 

“No! Stop, please!” I turn my head, trying to find out where it came from.

 

I ran over to the side of the school and I freeze.

 

Tao was lying helpless on the ground, towered by the tall jerk that I bumped into earlier and those three other boys. They were so into beating the crap out of Tao that they didn’t notice that I was right there, videotaping them. If I was going to bust them, I needed proof. After a few minutes of taping the tallest punch Tao, I decided that I can’t watch anymore of this cruelness and chose to speak up.

 

“Yah! What are you doing?” I slip my phone in my back pocket quickly so they don’t suspect I was taping them.

 

They all look up, including Tao, and stare at me.

 

“You’re that from earlier,” the one with the rainbow hair said. He looked cold and phony, like he wanted to impress someone. Beside him, a doe-eyed boy and a really tall guy, probably taller than Tao, stood.

 

“That’d be me,” I said. I don’t really care what people call me anymore. I was called by so many names; I don’t even give a crap anymore. Loser, lunatic, , jackass, bastard, trouble maker, stupid, , , you name it, I’ve been called it. “Did you know it’s wrong to bully someone?” – I take a step closer to them, clutching my drink tightly as I feel my anger replenish – “You bastards play a cold, hard game.” I look at Tao and notice that he was badly beaten. His lip was busted and he was coughing up blood; his eyes were beginning to swell and he held on to his stomach for dear life.

 

I only had one shot. If I missed, both Tao and I would most likely get beaten up. If I made it, then Tao and I had a chance to escape, but will Tao be able to run?

 

Doubts and ideas came and went. I’m going to take the chance.

 

I held my arm up and pushed forward, letting go of my drink in the process. It flew directly at the tall blonde’s head. The others watched in shock, not believing there was a girl as gutsy as me.

 

“You !”

 

I grabbed Tao’s wrist, “Run!” I dragged him, as quickly as I could, away from those guys. “Tao, come on. Please don’t faint or anything,” I try to speak as I felt Tao lagging behind. I definitely could not carry Tao back to the mansion. I looked back to see if they were chasing us, and luckily, they weren’t, for now. Tao started to catch up to me and we ran at the same pace, me leading him in the right direction to the mansion.

 

--

 

“Omo! What happened?” Umma rushed into the living room, followed by three other maids.

Tao and I lay on the couch, huffing and puffing, trying to catch our breaths. I got back to my feet first and rushed over to Tao’s side, checking to see if he was still conscious. “Some guys were bullying him. Do we have a first aid kit?” Umma nods and politely orders one of the maids to get the first aid kit. What a great first day of school.

 

--

 

Tao was now all bandaged up and disinfected and was now sitting on my bed with a change of clothes. I sneaked into Jongin’s room and grabbed some clothes for Tao; I wasn’t going to let him wear bloody clothes the whole day. I hope Jongin doesn’t mind, actually, I’d rather see him get irritated. I wanted to know more about Tao. Why would he let them bully him?

 

--

 

It turns out that the tall guy’s name is Kris, the rainbow’s is Sehun, the doe-eyed is Luhan, and the other tall one is Chanyeol. Those were the guys that the girls were fan girling over. So who was Kai? I didn’t see a Kai this whole day. Tao doesn’t have parents either. His parents died last year in a car accident and he’s been living alone ever since. How could someone be so strong? It made me more furious. Did they know that Tao has been living a lonely life like this and they still bully him?

 

Tears fell from me eyes, “I’m… I’m so sorry, Tao.” I hug him, forgetting that he’s injured. “From now on, we’ll be best friends!” I weakly smile, assuring him that I mean every word I said.

 

“Oh… xie xie, Mi Hyun!” – He smiles back – “but, you shouldn’t be mad at Kris…” he trails off.

 

Wae? Why shouldn’t I be mad at that bullying jerk?

 

He looks at me with sparkling eyes, “He’s not that bad.”

 

“No way,” I gasp. “You like him.”

 

“No, no. That’s not it,” he blushes.

 

“Uh, yes it is. I can see it, Tao.” – He hangs his head low, once again. – “Don’t worry! I don’t really care if you’re gay or not. Gays are awesome.” Another thing goes in the list under “List of Things That Make Tao Awesome”. 

 

I can’t wait until I tell Myung Hee, she would explode in joy. 

 

 

(A/N): Happy Birthday, Chanyeol! Keep on smiling, you happy virus! :)