Week 4 - Day 7

Three Months

October 13, 2013

 

I soullessly walk through the streets of Myeongdong. I have ear buds in my ears but I’m not listening to any music, nor can I hear anything in the outside world. My brain is fried and my heart is bleeding because it was continuously stabbed over and over again last night at the dinner party. I couldn’t even cry. I was too numb to even move from my bed this morning. But right when I heard Suji’s voice, I forced myself to get up, get changed, and leave. So now here I was, getting lost on the streets.

 

I’m back on my regular attire: jeans and combat boots. I had on my dad’s old red and white baseball jacket with the hoodie over my head. My hair was a mess because I didn’t brush it this morning. I wouldn’t even come near myself at this state. And that’s what everyone did. They all stayed a safe distance away from me. On this plain, sunny day, I am alone and tired. I wish I could just go home, lie down, and sleep; sleep for eternity so that I wouldn’t have to face the world.

 

I came to a rigid stop. Of course they just had to be on a date, here, in the Myeongdong area.

 

Jongin was happily smiling as he feeds Suji another strawberry. It pains me to watch them but I couldn’t avert my eyes from the scene. He was happy with her. It was the complete opposite of yesterday when he looked like he wanted to be as far away from her as possible. Can I not make you happy, Jongin-ah?

 

Next thing I knew, I was pushed to the ground.

 

“Oh! I’m sorry!” – A high pitched voice said sarcastically.

 

I look up; making eye contact with the ty girl and the one that has his arm around her waist: Kris. He had his long arms around three girls, each of them equally ty. The girls had on short, pencil skirts and strapless, tight tanks. Out of all people, why’d it have to be Kris?

 

“Oh look who we have here: the that doesn’t know when to shut up.” He glared.

 

Now, my heart hurts for Panda Tao. He told me that he’s had a crush on Kris for five years. It must really hurt watching the one you like screw around with girls, I knew in particular. And it’s harder when you’re gay. I’m not against it or anything. In fact, I support them all the way. But Tao is gay for Kris and Kris has millions of girlfriends. What if Kris won’t like Tao back?

 

“I’m not in the mood, dickface.” I pick myself up and continue my journey around.

 

“Why you-”

 

 “Kris oppa! Mi Hyun!” I freeze in my steps. Why? Why must the world hate me?

 

I turn around, making eye contact with Jongin first but averted them to look at Suji’s. I saw Kris look at Jongin’s arm that was around her waist and his face withered in disgust.

 

“Why are you here?” Kris hissed. What just happened?

 

“But, Oppa, I came back from Japan,” she answered, unaffected. She came back from Japan? Oppa? Did they know each other? Come to think of it, Lu Han acted the same way yesterday. What was her relationship here?

 

Kris huffed, as if not believing her answer and walked off while she just watched him leave with her beautiful, hazel eyes.

 

“Mi Hyun,” – I snapped out of my trance – “what are you doing here all alone? Do you not have any friends?” Okay. That was not cool. There was something in her tone of voice that told me she didn’t say that out of sympathy.

 

“Oh. You’re right, I don’t. But I’d rather be alone than to hang out with s,” I say before I leave the couple hanging. I could feel Kai’s intense glare on the back of my head. I weakly smile but it becomes a frown when the salty tears landed on my lips. Finally; I could finally cry.

 

--

 

“Where were you?” Umma rushed to me when I got home. I stayed out, wandering the streets of Seoul while crying before I got home, which it was now eleven at night.

 

“Oh. Sorry,” I say soullessly. “I was taking a look around Seoul and got lost,” I lied. I give her an assuring smile so she could let go of me and I walked upstairs to my room.

 

“Oh! Mi Hyun! Come back down,” Umma ordered. I obeyed and walked back down the stairs. “Here.” She handed me a letter. “Lu Han said to give it to you since he didn’t have your number,” she said. I nod and look down at the folded, white piece of paper and head to my room.

 

I sit down on the bed, not taking my eyes off the letter. I slowly open it and take a peek inside just to make sure nothing was going to jump out at me, but all I saw was pen ink.

 

Yah, Mi Hyun! Are you a witch or something,
 cursing me with your magical powers?
You told me to call you when my hair starts to fall out
and since I didn’t have your number,
I decided to write you this short letter.
Today, when I woke up, some layers of hair started
falling off of my head. You take back what you said!

-Lu Han. (xxx) – xxx – xxxx

 

His hair fell out? Really? I started cracking up. Awe, poor Lu Han!

 

I grabbed my phone and added his number in my contacts list. I pulled up his name and decided to send him a text message.

 

To: Lu Han

Lu Han! I’m so sorry for your hair loss! But did anyone
tell you that you’ll lose hair if you keep on dyeing it?
It’s bad for your hair!
Send me a picture! XP
-Mi Hyun

 

It was only seconds later until Lu Han texted me back with a photo attachment. He wasn’t lying. His newly dyed, red hair was shorter than it was yesterday, shorter in other areas, and it looked really dry now.

 

I started laughing again, forgetting all of my miseries from before. Lu Han and his “precious” hair made my day.  I’m thankful. I guess Lu Han isn’t as bad as I thought he was.

 

(A/N): I feel like i should delete this fic. Should i? I mean, i have so much stuff to do now, now that summer is nearing. tests, quizzes, projects, exams are all being thrown at me because i'm taking higher level classes. -_- FML Plus, i broke my promise when i said i'll update atleast once a week AND no one reminded me...