Anmesia

True Love

2 months later, America

“Your surgery came out well, and you’re recovering at a good pace. A few days more and you can stop your treatment and go home. I’m happy you won the battle against leukemia, BaekHyun.” The doctor told BaekHyun, who was grinning from ear to ear.

“At this rate, I will be able to go back to Korea and reunite with EXO and SoMi. SoMi might be angry with me but I will explain everything to her. I hope she will understand and forgive me, if not I will just do my best to win her back again. I better call Chanyeol to tell him the good news.” BaekHyun thought ecstatically, at the prospect of finally curing his illness and being able to go back home.

1 week later, BaekHyun flew back to Korea himself, as his dad was actually offered a doctor’s job at the hospital in America, but it was put on hold because Baekhyun was sick. Now that BaekHyun was well, he could rest his mind at ease and accepted the job.  BaekHyun was proud of his dad and knew his dad would be a great doctor.

“Chanyeol!” “BaekHyun!” The best friends engulfed each other in a huge bear hug, indicating how much they missed each other. Not to be left out, the rest of EXO also went in for the hug, resulting in six grown guys tangled together. Passersby could only stare at them with weird look, wondering about the mentality of the six guys.

“Is SoMi well? Do you know where she is? I want to see her.” BaekHyun exclaimed after exchanging news with them. Immediately, all six guys averted the glances, and Kai and Sehun nudged Chanyeol to tell him. BaekHyun could sense something was wrong and urged Chanyeol to tell him right away.

“Uhh…. She kind of got into an accident a month ago, and…. Kind of lost her memory. It took her two weeks before she could remember all of us. When we asked her about you, she could only give us a blank look. And when we urged her to remember you, her head would hurt suddenly. The doctor said it might have been that you were the person she was thinking the most, and hence she absolutely could not remember you.” Chanyeol finished with an awkward laugh, adding that SoMi was staying in the hospital because she got really weak after the car accident.

BaekHyun paled at hearing this, he really did not expect such a thing to happen. He berated himself, sure that it was his fault such a thing occurred.

--------------------------------------------

Flashback a month ago

“Thanks for treating me this lunch, I really enjoyed it.” SoMi told EunSang as they were going separate ways.

“No problem, I’m glad to see you feeling much better.” EunSang hugged SoMi tightly.

As SoMi walked down the street, she saw this little boy crying at the side of the road alone. SoMi rushed to the boy’s side and comforted him, realizing that his ball had rolled to the middle of the road.

Making sure that there were no cars in sight, she crossed the road and grabbed the ball. As she made her way, a motorcycle suddenly came speeding towards SoMi. SoMi was rooted to the ground, she tried to move but she was frozen.

“BaekHyun.” The name that appeared on SoMi’s mind as the motorcycle came in contact with her body with a huge impact, and she was sent flying. As she lay on the road bleeding, she could hear passersby surrounding her, someone whipping out the phone to call the ambulance, and last of all, she saw an image of BaekHyun, and all went black.

-----------------------

BaekHyun peeked through the small hole on the hospital door, as he saw SoMi lying on the hospital bed, laughing at something EunSang told her. He just could not bring himself to open that door and face her.

SoMi sensed someone by the door and turned her head towards that direction, seeing a handsome looking guy standing there. A flicker of image went by, of the boy standing across her in the school hallway, staring at her.

“Woah, what was that.” SoMi thought confusedly. Meanwhile, EunSang had also noticed BaekHyun at the door and went to opened it, pulling him in.

“SoMi ah, this is BaekHyun. Do you remember him?” EunSang asked with a trace of hope in her voice. But all SoMi could do was shrugged her shoulders, only knowing that he was someone EXO and EunSang would mention. She knew that BaekHyun was someone important in her life, but no matter how she racked her brains, she just couldn’t remember anything and would only give herself a throbbing headache.

“Hi SoMi, I’m BaekHyun.” BaekHyun stretched out his right hand. SoMi gripped his hand back, and felt this sense of familiarity that she could not place her fingers at. It was like she held that hand before, and held it often.

BaekHyun handed her a bouquet of purple lilacs, surprising SoMi that he actually knew what her favourite flowers were. “I know about you a lot more than you think you know.” Baekhyun smiled weakly. He handed her a small book, and instructed her to read it when she was alone, and hoped it will help her regained back the empty patches of her memories.

Giving one last longing look at the hospital room before he left, BaekHyun placed both his hands together and prayed.

“Please remember me, SoMi. I know I can’t live without you, I need you to remember me. I hope my diary will let you remember all that we have done together, and the love we had. Please.”