Treasure

True Love

Chapter 4 to keep this alive because I'm going for camp for 3D2N. And there's no connection to the outside world whatsoever during this camp. But I'm going to have so much fun yay. And I decided to not only have diary entries because it's just gonna bore you guys out.

Chapter 4

“Yoon SoMi…..Yoon SoMi? Does anyone know what happen to her?” The teacher called out as she took the attendance.

“Her eczema got worse, so she is unable to come to school. She said she will be back in 2 days’ time though.” SoMi’s best friend Eun Sung reported.

“Eczema? Oh man, what kind of a boyfriend am I to not know she suffered from eczema.” BaekHyun berated himself.

After school, Baekhyun went to supermarket to buy some ingredients to cook SoMi a fulfilling dinner. Eun Sung had told him that SoMi lived alone due to her house being to far to the school and she need to live closer for convenience purposes when he went to asked Eun Sung for SoMi’s address.

“Ding-Dong…. Ding-Dong” The doorbell rang twice. Groggily and painfully, SoMi made her way to the door and opened it.

“Baekhyun? How did you know….?” SoMi could not help as a look of surprise to appear and then embarrassment as she realized the disheveled state she was in. Flustered, she moved to the side to let him in and she hurriedly combed through her hair and pulled her shirt properly.

Smiling widely and singing to her favourite song, Baekhyun made his way to her kitchen and set out everything. “I hope you don’t mind Seaweed soup with omelet rice, and some side dishes!” Baekhyun said cheerfully. “I also bought you this really smooth and cooling cloth to put over your legs so it won’t hurt.”

SoMi really should be angry at BaekHyun for finding out where she lives and suddenly coming without warning her. Yet, she can’t seem to do that because of BaekHyun’s sweet actions and the fact that he was only her boyfriend for a little more than a month only but he was doing so much.

As SoMi giggled at BaekHyun’s frowning face as he tried to figure out how to work her stove, she went to his bag to take out his Polaroid. Her pain from eczema long forgotten, she s her hand around Baekhyun’s waist and took a picture.

Baekhyun ushered SoMi to the living room and settled her comfortably on the sofa, forbidding her from entering the kitchen until he finished cooking.

“I can’t believe you can cook so well for a guy!” SoMi exclaimed as she tried Baekhyun’s cooking, thoroughly impressed at how he can cook so deliciously when it’s only simple dishes. She had actually forgotten her eczema was acting out with BaekHyun next to her. Baekhyun took a picture of SoMi eating with that wide smile of hers. He was proud of himself for being able to let her smile while she was suffering.

Later, as they snuggled together on the sofa as the soft rain pattered against the window, both shared stories about their family. SoMi’s family consisted of her, her brother and parents and how they lived in the countryside away from the busy Seoul life because of her eczema and her brother’s asthma. But when SoMi managed to get a scholarship to study in their school, she couldn’t pass up on the chance. Hence, they bought a flat for her in the city and the family visited her occasionally.

Baekhyun told her about how he and his parents were the happiest until his mother passed away due to cancer when he was 10. As he told how his mother would always sing to him to sleep and cuddled him, a tear slipped. SoMi hugged Baekhyun even tighter, presuming that Baekhyun was crying because of missing his mum.

But, that was only a part of the reason. Baekhyun was afraid that he would become like his mother, and eventually succumbed to the cancer. He didn’t want that, there was just a mountain of things he wanted to do in his life, and that included spending the rest of his life with SoMi. He really wanted that to happen, but he knew he could not keep his hopes high, nor could he let SoMi to believe he could be there forever.

The doctor had said that his treatment was not exactly working much and that he might have to go to America for surgery due to his special type of leukemia. He fervently prayed his treatment would work so he would not have to leave SoMi and would live on to old age.

But right now, Baekhyun could only be contented with whatever he has right now and treasure everything. He would treasure his beautiful friendship with EXO, his idiotic best friend Chanyeol who never fail to cheer him up with his addictive smile, his loving father who cares for everything he does, and lastly, the love of his life.

--------------

Entry 4

I found out that SoMi suffered from eczema and couldn’t come to school today. So, I specially got her address and went to her house to cook for her. The surprised and touched look she gave was indescribable and I kept seeing her smile today, which really made me happier.

I really pray hard that my treatment would work, and that I don’t have to go the America, or even worst, pass away from it. I want to live a long life, to fulfil my dream as a professional photographer and to spend the rest of my life married to the love of my life.

Me and dad lost mum when I was so young, and dad had single-handedly brought me up himself, never failing to give me the best when he can. I want to be able to take care of him when he is old and not be alone. He already lost mum, and I know he can’t lose his own son to the same illness again. I want to see my dad smiling happily.