First Date

True Love

A longer chapter for you guys, I hope you like it!

“BaekHyun!” SoMi waved enthusiastically.

BaekHyun turned to her and instantly in a quick breath. ‘She’s so goddamn pretty, even just wearing a simple shirt and high-waist shorts.’ Baekhyun thought, as he felt himself getting flushed.

“Did you wait long? I had to help out with the chores at home before I could come out! “ SoMi asked.

“Nope, I arrived just a few minutes before!” BaekHyun lied, seeing how he had been waiting for half an hour because he was too excited. He had even took an hour to choose the outfit he was wearing because he wanted to look presentable to you.

“You look very pretty today.” “You look very handsome today.” Both BaekHyun and Somi commented at the same time and immediately averted their gaze, feeling the heat rushing up to their cheeks.

“Shall we go?” BaekHyun offered his hand to Somi and she graciously took it. They fell in step and walked towards the Han River.

“Why did you bring me to the Han River?” SoMi asked. “Because I want to show you my favourite place, and I think it’s a rather romantic place.” BaekHyun replied with a quick wink, making SoMi blushed, knowing that he was implying about her love for romantic things.

They then went to rent bicycles and rode around the place, occasionally racing each other to see who reach the other faster. Baekhyun even taught SoMi how to rollerblade. As she laughing and went forward, sometimes turning to smile at BaekHyun with her hair flying, BaekHyun took out his polaroid to capture that moment. She was so carefree unlike in school where she often had a stressed look from doing councilor work. It was a rare moment and BaekHyun deemed it precious.

As they sat next to each other, savoring their ice-cream, and waiting to see the sunset, SoMi asked BaekHyun why this was his favourite place.

“Don’t you think this is such a calming place? Everytime I feel very stressed, sad or frustrated, I would come here, and somehow my heart becomes calm. I guess the saying ‘as a calm as a river’ is true.” BaekHyun laughed and continued, “ This is a special place in my heart and I want to share it with the special person in my heart. I want you to keep this memory for me.”

BaekHyun saw the confused look that flickered over SoMi’s face at his last sentence and mentally slapped himself, quickly adding in, “I want to create beautiful memories here with you in this special place of ours now. Now turn and look at the beautiful sunset over the river.”

As SoMi beamed brightly and stood by the railing to watch the sunset, BaekHyun took a picture of her.

“Here, we’ve reached your house.” BaekHyun said, as SoMi looked slightly forlorn. As SoMi stood at her doorstep opening her door, Baekhyun called her name and she turned.

“Goodnight baby, see you in school on Monday.” BaekHyun whispered to her as he kissed her on their forehead. At that moment, SoMi was glad of the night sky to cover the terrible blush that had risen, “Goodnight and be safe, BaekHyun oppa.”

---------------------------------------

Entry 3

Dear diary today was such a wonderful day. Spending one whole day with her doesn’t seem to be enough for me. I could go on for days with just that smile of hers. I’m glad to see her so carefree today, and I wished she would always be like that. I almost spilled out the truth, thank god for quick instincts. I don’t want her to know, I don’t want to see her sad.

Chanyeol is probably going to nag at me for still hiding that from her, but I just can’t tell her, not now. I want to be able to spend more time with her with worrying about anything. Tomorrow’s my next appointment and I hope it will work better, because it kind of being so tired after each time and I had to get Exo to help me home. I hope this time, I would not feel so tired, and I want to look fresh and energized when I get to school on Monday.

I promise to tell SoMi when the appropriate time comes, and I can pray fervently she won’t leave me then. Or maybe, by then, I will recover and I will never have to tell her that I have leukemia, just maybe.

Tomorrow’s a long day at the hospital so I better get to sleep now.