Chapter 2 - Settling Down

Two Souls

"Good morning."

 

Hana smiled at the morning greeting. His raspy, I-just-woke-up voice is adorably cute and y at the same time. She returned the good mornings and gives a chaste kiss on his lips. Jongin pulled her down and hovered on top of Hana, who is squealing and giggling at his gesture. Jongin deepened the kiss she gave.

 

"Ugh, that is disgusting." Hana chuckled at his morning breath. "Well, your breath too." Jongin scowl playfully, giving her another passionate kiss. Swiftly, he pulled her up from the comforting bed and carried her to the bathroom and settles her on the sink counter. He took their toothbrush, wetting it before applying some toothpaste on it. Together, they brushed their teeth like any other morning they shared if they are free, which is seldom but all they care is to cherish it.

 

After gargling, Hana stare at Jongin who is busy wiping her face with a wet towel. With love, she cups his face, pulling him closer and he settles between her legs.

 

"Happy 7th Anniversary, sweetheart. I love you." Hana said as she stares deep into his orbs. "Happy Anniversary, sweetheart and I love you, too." Jongin pulled her into another passionate kiss, one of the things they love throughout their relationship.

 

Pulling away, Hana sighed.

 

"What's wrong?" Jongin asked.

 

"How am I supposed to live without you?"

 

"You could die because I would."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

**********************

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hana stepped into the new apartment her parents bought for her after hearing she would be discharged of the hospital, a month after she was admitted. It was new, fresh and she was glad that it was new. No traces of memories. Everything was new - the couch, the TV, the kitchen cutlery - literally everything.

 

She steps further into the apartment and checks everything. The kitchen, the bathroom and the closet. Not to mention, her parents bought new clothes. How long it took to finish this up, she thought. As she wanders, not a single photo is in the apartment - not even a photo of a plant. She went to check the drawers - empty, except for the one right beside her bed. A frame with a photo of her with a note attached to it.

 

'Might as well not make it boring but you can choose whether to put it at your nightstand or not - Bro'

 

She smiled at her considerate brother.

 

Her attention was disturbed when the phone next to the lamp rang and speaks of the devil; it is her brother on the other line.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Get my note?"

 

"Yes, I get your note, Jongsuk."

 

"Good, I assume you like my present because that's the only thing I prepared for your apartment because mom and dad think my ideas are stupid."

 

Hana chuckled at her brother, whom she know always know what to do to cheer her up.

 

"Good, you're laughing too. Achievement unlocks!" He laughed at his own joke, which is also funny for Hana.

 

"Okay, I was only checking you out so enjoy your new apartment! I'll be here if you need me. Just press one on your new phone, I'm on speed dial!" Jongsuk said.

 

"My new phone?" Hana asked in confusion. "Yeah, your new phone. Dad bought you a new phone. I think he left it on your dressing table. Oh got to go!! Bye!!"

 

He ended the call before Hana could bid him goodbye. A few seconds later, she went towards her dressing table and saw the new phone her father bought for her. It was a new number too, explains the only contacts in her phone was Mom, Dad and 'Jongsukkie'.

 

 

 

 

 

 


pyoyeonji, signing out 👄👄👄