Chapter 3 - Coffee Shop

Two Souls

“What’s the occasion?” Hana asked as she sees Jongin setting up the table with her favourite food. “Does it need to have an occasion for me to cook for you?” Jongin asked back, holding onto her hand and pull her to the dining table and pulled the seat for her.

It was a normal dinner with the talk almost came from Jongin. He talks about his work, his clients, and his troublesome workers.

He is a businessman and just from his income, Hana actually doesn’t have to work as a model but it’s her passion.  She argued hard when they took their relationship to another level when they start to live together and after introducing each other to their parents. But her stubbornness is hard to beat.

They continued the night with a drama shown on the TV. Hana has her eyes fixed on the TV as Jongin lays his head on her lap, lying on his side and facing her stomach.

“Sweetheart,” Jongin called for her. She hums to answer him. “Do you remember when we first met?” Hana stared at him, confused.

“Why do you ask that? Of course, I remember. It’s at the coffee shop near our campus.” She had her focus on Jongin now.

“I want you to remember that forever because if one day something happens to me, tell me the words I use to describe how my eyes never left the day I met you. Tell me the things I did to see you every day since I lay my eyes on you. Tell me how I made the first move. I want you to do that, okay?”

 

She nodded slowly, with a confused mind.

 

“Are you okay, sweetheart?” Hana asked him.

 

“Of course, I am. I’m with my sweetheart, why wouldn’t I be?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*************

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hana packed her bags, excited at the thought of herself getting back to work. She couldn’t waste her time anymore, she said to her family two months after she settled in her new home. Knowing her stubbornness, they let her return to work.

Walking into the building her manager texted, she is now ready for another day of doing her passion after a long break. Once she steps into the studio, she was greeted warmly by her makeup artist, the crew even the photographer.

“You look better now! Look at that sparkling, determined eyes and oh, is this your natural hair colour? Don’t change the colour anymore! These complement you more!” The photographer said as she runs her finger through her jet black hair.

She rushes to get her makeup and hair done and just by able to stand in front of camera, lifts her mood for the whole day. During the break, her manager approaches her and took out his tablet and shows her schedule for the week.

“These projects have been waiting for you for months and they still want you. But I’m not going to take much yet, so here is some of the project you’ll be doing for this week.” He said as he passes Hana his tablet. Hana scrolls through and smiled in contentment to her manager.

“Thanks, Jimin!” She said as she sips on her coffee. Jimin smiled at her and ruffles her hair. “It’s good to have you back, Hana.”

 

 

“Can you stop here? I want to buy some pastries.” Hana said to her manager as she passes a coffee shop. She didn’t notice the name but as soon as she steps in, she regretted it wholeheartedly. The interior hasn’t change for the past 10 years.

She sees traces of memories everywhere. Her heart clench at the same worker handling some customer but she can’t just walk out. Her feet slowly made its way to the counter and she smiled weakly at the worker.

“Can you pack me a box of croissant and a piece of tiramisu, and can you pack me some green tea, too, please?” She asked nicely as the worker jots it down.

While she waits, a customer suddenly pops out from behind her.

“Excuse me, can I change my 100 bill for a 50 50?”

Hana was about to turn and told him to wait for his turn – from his voice she know the customer is a guy – but her thought was diminished as soon as she saw the person.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Jongin? Is that you, Jongin?”


pyoyeonji, signing out 👄👄