Chapter 7 - Flutters

Two Souls

Love is something so deep for Hana and Jongin. They never tried dating other person the first time they started dating. It was all about Hana and Jongin; and Jongin and Hana. Some would ask them,

“How can they survive the long relationship?”

They never answered the question because it was too hard to say them in words. They survived because all they need was each other. Now, I’m the writer, of course I could express them in words.

To them, love is something deep. It was beyond the things people could see. They could see they are really in love but they could never see feel how it’s like to water the same flower every day for years. They merely throw the seed into their lover’s heart and day by day they took care of it like it was something even precious than their dear life.

Oh, it was hard. So hard, they almost give up.

But they hold on to the red string of fate between them.

No one could go into their way and every time there is, they couldn’t break it.

 

‘Until death do us apart’

 

Yes, death; only death could break off the strings.

 

On their 4th Anniversary, Jongin surprised her with the decision to live together. It was their last year of high school and they were very serious with each other. So, their parents let them live together.

On their 5th Anniversary, they made love for the first time. Wonder how they can hold on for so long? Jongin and Hana never rushed things between them. They let the love carries them.

On their 6th Anniversary, Jongin starts a business right after they graduate while Hana tried modelling. Every single day was filled with love and care even after they graduate. Jongin continue his studies while Hana starts her career as a full time model also a part time actress.

On their 7th Anniversary, Jongin’s business flowers so much, they had enough money for 5 to 10 years to come. Hana’s career skyrocket with her beauty and talents in acting. Jongin proposed and things happen.

On their 8th Anniversary, this was the year when everything starts to fall.

 

 

“Jongin, can you help me with this, please?” Hana shouted from the kitchen. Jongin walked slowly from the living room, his eyes never left the TV. “Help you with what, sweetheart?” Jongin finally look at her.

Hana was cooking but she forgot to tie her hair up. She pointed her hair and Jongin immediately took a hairband from the counter and pull her hair up into a ponytail.

“Thank you!” Hana exclaimed before continuing her work. Jongin walked away from the kitchen and continued with his TV show. It was his favourite American show, The Big Bang Theory. Being the er for physics since high school, he actually understands most of them.

“Dinner is ready!” Hana shouted and Jongin grinned at the sound of that. The show ended on time too.

“You sound like a mother. I can’t wait to see our kids running down the stairs when they hear you said that.” Jongin grinned to himself as he said that. Jongin always thinks of their future. Sometimes it made Hana cringe but she just loves to hear it.

“Well, you have to put a ring on it.” Hana said with a chuckle as she sits opposite of Jongin.

“I told you, I’ll propose soon.” Jongin sighed because he thought she was urging it every time they talked about the future. “I know, Jongin. You’ve said that a million of times.” She said solemnly, with her head down, focusing on her food.

Jongin sighed again, setting his utensils down.

“Are we going to argue about this?” Jongin said in a stern voice. “No, you’re taking it way too far, Jongin. I only said you should put a ring on it first not ‘I need you to propose to me now’.” Hana rolled her eyes at his assumption.

“Eat; the food will get cold if you keep on staring at me like that and trying to pick a fight.” Jongin heard her said before he sees her in a bad mood already.

Jongin keeps on glancing at her from time to time. The dinner was quiet; even until Hana picked up the plates to do the dishes. She kept quiet the whole time until Jongin felt he needs to apologize. He crept behind her and hugged her and made Hana flinched in surprise.

“What do you want?” Hana said coldly.

“Don’t be mad. I’m sorry because I jumped into conclusion. I won’t do it again.” His apology was short and that made Hana didn’t even glance at him. So, he used his secret weapon that he always uses every time.

He starts to leave trails of kisses on her neck and even nuzzled himself into her neck, breathing in her scent. It tickles Hana every time he does that and today wasn’t an exceptional. Hana turned around to make him stop tickling her with the kisses.

“Enough, it tickles!” Hana exclaimed as she slaps his shoulder and giggled.

“Always works, huh?” Jongin smirked and pinched her nose. “You’re not mad at me anymore, right?”

“Yes, I’m not mad anymore. Now go brush your teeth and get ready to bed. I’ll follow next.” Hana said and laughed as Jongin playfully walked away from the kitchen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*********

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

For two months, Hana and Kai went on a bunch of dates. Every date was different and sometimes they would just hang out at a coffee shop and occasionally Kai would visit her on sets when he’s not busy. Hana even got a part in a drama. It’s been a while since she tried acting but the reviews were great.

Her character was to act as an 18-year old high school again. She was quite excited plus the line of actors and actress were all very great to be friend with.

It was around 4pm when they ended this week recording and after Hana changed into her casual wear, she searched for her manager but nowhere to be seen. Suddenly, a honk is heard from a far and she sees Kai’s car.

Kai walked out of the car and walked towards her.

“I asked your manager and he agrees that I pick you up and while we’re at it, a date?” Kai said as he took a hold of Hana’s bag and carried it for her.

Hana nodded and they entered the car.

“Okay, where should we go?” Kai asked her. “Should we have dinner?” Hana asked. “Sure, where should we eat?” Kai asked as he starts his engine. “Let’s buy some groceries and eat at my house.” Hana suggested which Kai gladly agrees and drove to the nearest supermarket from Hana’s house. He parked the car in front of her house and they walked together to the supermarket. Hana had to cover herself from people because that is what her manager told her to do since the drama she’s acting in skyrocket in fame.

When they reached the supermarket, there weren’t much people in it so it was safe. Kai took a cart and they pushed it for her. As they walk down the alley of food, Kai suggested making a meal that is his favourite. Hana quickly agrees and list down the ingredient needed.

“Hey, shouldn’t we need some tomatoes?” Kai asked. “Let’s just get tomatoes in can instead of fresh ones.” Hana said and tip toed to reach for the can of tomatoes right above Kai’s head. Kai sees she was actually between his arms that is holding onto the cart and grinned widely. Before Hana could escape from his arms, Kai pushed the cart making her walk together.

“Kai let me out.” She laughed. “Nu-uh, let’s walk like this. It’s cuter.” Kai chuckled at the idea and two months knowing each other, Hana couldn’t deny he is a charming boy and she is falling for him little by little. Hana just went with the flow and they walked all the way to the counter in his arms.

Once they paid for the groceries, they walked back home. The sky had changed its colour to dark and with both of them in dark clothes, people hardly can see them. Kai carried the groceries for her. The road was empty and Kai took the chance to hold her hand. With her hand in his, Hana felt different. Her heart flutters at the simple gesture and blushed.

While Kai’s heart was thumping so hard and he grinned widely when she didn’t resist his actions. They walked hand in hand until they reach her front door.