Chapter 5 - First

Two Souls

7 years was not easy; neither tough either. It has a little of both. 2 years of dating playfully – Jongin and Hana thinks they plain like each other. It started with a plain hello and soon they were dating because their friends think they’ll look cute together. Plus Hana had a little crush on him.

Jongin was the typical student. He plays football, studies hard and have a little talent in two languages; Japanese and Korean, of course. He never thought of going into a relationship when he was 15, but he did have his eyes on some girls but it was never to the point of ‘I need her’.

Hana was the high class student. She’s smart, talented, and beautiful. She was raised averagely by her parents with her one and only sibling. She’s the normal girl that would like guys but never to the point of ‘I love you’.

Until Hana’s best friend thought it would be a good idea if she tries dating; for experience, she said.

It all started with an “I do have my eyes on Jongin.” and she confessed.

For Jongin, “It’s not wrong to try, right?”

 

It was 13th of November 2006, they started dating.

 

It was bliss, a puppy love.

 

Jongin starts to loosen up; Hana thinks it’s not bad to date.

 

2 years later, they fought because it was high school. Their first year as a high school student and they fought for 22 days – Hana counted. Jongin was rather handsome and attractive once he hit his puberty. Girls start to chase over him. Valentines’ was filled with chocolate from girls other than Hana.

Hana thinks it was stupid to celebrate it because they are already dating and she could give him anything, any time.

They had their first kiss, too.

 

But, never in those two years had Jongin and Hana ever thought they love or like each other.

 

“Hana, would you please stop pestering me over these girls giving me these love letters?! “ Jongin shouted at her for the first time. They were in front of Hana’s house and she just couldn’t let go of the feeling she had in her mind and heart – the feeling of losing Jongin. It made her confused.

“I was just asking! I asked, did you enjoy getting a bunch of those every day?! What is wrong with that question?!” Hana shouted back. She could feel the string connecting them getting tighter and about to break.

“Are you jealous?”

“I didn’t say I was jealous, for sake, I’m just asking. Why are you shouting at me because of this?!”

“Because you sound like a clingy girlfriend and you know how I hate those types of people! How many times should I tell you, this thing between us for the past two years is nothing more than love?!”

Hana didn’t know what to say or react. She was sure the two years were nothing too; some crappy first love. But what is this piercing feeling in here?

She kept silent.

One minute, two minutes and three.

Jongin just stared at her while she stared at the ground thinking of an answer. Jongin was a patient person. He knows where to stop, when is needed and knows where to push when it needs to be pushed.

“Look, I’m sorry –“

“Maybe, we should just break up. Okay? Two years were long enough, isn’t it? This is nothing but some crappy puppy love, right?”

Hana finally made her mind. She weakly smiled at him, and her eyes pricked asking for a release.

“Bye.” Hana bid her goodbye, walked pass Jongin and enter her house.

At the front door, she sees her mother looking shocked like she just get caught eavesdropping.

 

“You heard it didn’t you?” Hana asked, sighing. Her mother nodded. She has the disappointed look. Jongin was a darling to her, she approved of their relationship.

“Are you okay?” Her mother asked, carefully not to disturb her feelings right now. She was a teenager before and she knows how exactly a break up feels. Hana nodded and walked pass her mother saying she’ll be in her room if she needs her.

Her feet didn’t even reach the first step of the stairs, she ran back to her mother.

“I’m not okay! Why does it hurt?” She went straight into her mother’s arm, which her mother gladly took it. She comforts her one and only daughter, muttering every single word she knows that could comfort her. She cried until she felt tired.

She also cried to sleep.

The next morning, she woke up with a bloated face. She feels the day would get worse. She didn’t feel like waking up. She didn’t feel like eating or going to school. Her mother even tried to get her out of bed.

“I’m too tired to go to school.” Hana said as she covers herself with her duvet.

 

“Ah, I remember myself having my first heartbreak. I didn’t feel that much pain because I never did liked that boy so much.  Love, my dear, makes it hurt too much. Are you sure it was some crappy puppy love?”

 

 

“Jongin, we need to talk.”

Jongin turned in his heels as he heard his name gets called. He was surprised to see her condition. Her eyes were puffy, and it got smaller.

“Hey, are you okay? What happen to your eyes?” Jongin was already in front of her with his hands cupping her face, trying to take a closer look.

“Don’t touch me.” Hana said in weak voice and Jongin slowly removed his hands. “You said you wanted to talk?” Jongin asked and they went to the garden.

 

“Do you love me?”

Jongin chuckled.

“I’m not joking.” Hana said in a stern voice when she heard him chuckle.

“I know,” Jongin smiled looking at her serious face. “Took you long enough to realize it? And I thought you really were dating me for nothing.”

“What?”

 

 

“I love you, Hana. I realized it not long after we had our second anniversary. You were beautiful that day. I see you as a woman. You treated me nice these two years and you were never rushed in this relationship. You weren’t that kind of girl I know. That day when I confessed to you at the café, I meant every word I said. Although, I didn’t know if it was love or like that time, but, I’m sure now.”

Jongin said truthfully in front of her. Their faces were inches apart. She had her shocked expression.

“What?” Hana said accidentally, shocked of course. Jongin chuckled at her.

“Just kiss me, will you? I just said I love y-“

His words were stopped and she kissed him . She got guts, Jongin thought to himself. Jongin slowly slips his hand from his pocket and pulled her close by the waist and returned her kiss.

“I love you too.” Hana blushed at her own words.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***********

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Hana is in the van with her manager nagging to her for being late. She’s tired and at times like this she had to drink coffee.  She closed her eyes and silently sips on her coffee while listening to the song on the radio while another manager drives the van.

When she arrived at the studio, people were running here and there trying to fix the set. She tries to hold on her tiredness. She greeted the photographer with a bow and a smile before going to the waiting room. She closed her eyes while her stylist did her makeup and hair and truthfully, she was sleeping. She didn’t even realize her partner for the photo-shoot had arrived.

Before she could have any deep sleep, her stylist woke her up and told her to change into the dress she was supposed to model for in front of the camera. Her tiredness was long gone after the nap. She took another sip of her already-cold coffee before going into the set.

She greeted the photographer again as she gasp at the beautiful set up. Her eyes landed on the male model by the side with his stylist giving some touch up.

“Is he a new model? I have never seen his face.” Hana asked her manager.

“Yes, he is. He is quite popular in this fashion entertainment nowadays.”

Hana nodded at the new information and left to the set to take her position. The guy came and it gave a shock to her when she sees his face.

“Pretty lady?”

 

It was Kai.

 

“It’s Hana, actually. Nice to meet you again.” Hana shook his hand that he held out and smiled.

“So, you’re the Lee Hana. I thought I have seen your face when I met you at the café.” Kai said with a smile as he sat on the chair on the set.

“You’re making me like a famous model or something.” Hana said with a laugh.

“Of course you are! Everyone wants you on their cover of the magazine. Why the sudden hiatus, though?”

“I have some personal problems.” Hana tried to push it away before the person in charge explains everything about today’s shooting and soon they took hundreds of pictures for the day.

 

 

“You didn’t call me.” Kai suddenly said when they just wrap up everything. “Ah, I’m sorry. I was busy yesterday and I don’t know if I could trust you.” Hana said as she picks up her bag from the waiting room. “Give me your phone.”

Hana stared at his hands in front of her that is asking for her phone. She hesitantly took out her phone and slowly puts it on his palm. He dialled his number with her phone and her number pops up.

“There, now I would call you. Answer me, okay?” Kai gives a grin and walked away to his manager and left.

 

 

From: 02-XXX-XXXX

Are you sleeping?

 

Hana glance at her phone as she lies on her bed. She was about to sleep when she heard her phone clicks signalling there is one new message.

 

To: 02-XXX-XXXX

Who are you?

 

From: 02-XXX-XXXX

You didn’t save my number? 

 

To: 02-XXX-XXXX

Kai?

 

From: 02-XXX-XXXX

Yes, this is he! Haha aren’t you supposed to be sleeping? A beauty should take care of her beauty.

 

To: Kai

I was about to sleep. Aren’t you sleeping?

 

One minute, two minutes and three, she didn’t receive any reply. He must be sleeping then, Hana thought. Hana was about to close her eyes but cancelled her actions when her phone rang.

“Hello?” Hana didn’t even glance at the caller id.

“I’m not tired yet. I want to hear your voice again.” Hana furrowed her eyebrows before check the caller id. It was Kai.

“I thought you fell asleep.” Hana said. “So, you were waiting for my reply?” Kai snickered playfully from the other line and she heard him laugh.

“I shouldn’t be disturbing the pretty lady’s sleep time right?” Kai said as he called her pretty lady instead of her name.

“No, it’s okay. I don’t have any schedule tomorrow so I could sleep late.” It was already late actually. The clock has passed 12 in the midnight.

“Great! Then we’ll have a date tomorrow and you need some rest from the long and hectic day because tomorrow I’m going to sweep you off your feet.”

“Wait! What are you- “

 

“Goodnight, Hana.” Kai said in a gentle tone.

 

Hana couldn’t lie she missed hearing a goodnight before sleeping. She missed it every day even after she comes out of the hospital when she hoped she was already treated.

“Aren’t you going to say goodnight to me too?” Kai said with a chuckle at the sudden silence.

 

 

 

 

“Goodnight Kai.”

 


 

A LONG UPDATE CAUSE I AM HYPED HE HE HE BECAUSE MYUNGSOO HAS A GIRLFRIEND NOW. MY SISTER'S PREDICTION WAS TRUE WHEN SHE SAID MYUNGSOO WOULD BE THE FIRST TO BE CAUGHT DATING IN INFINITE!!!!!!!

 

AND MY BABIES BLOCK B HAD A CONCERT IN JAPAN RECENTLY DURING MAMA2013. MY BABIES ARE ALL GROWN UP NOW. THEY ARE PRECIOUS. THEY ARE GOING TO BE ON TOP!!!

im sorry for the caps lock lol

 

pyoyeonji, signing out!