Chapter 6 - Pain

Two Souls

Hana remembered the first time a girl attacked her for being with Jongin. She was the school’s top student, with her top grades and amazing beauty, Hana thinks she didn’t have any chance if they were to battle it off.

But, Jongin loves her, so she wins here.

It started when one day she was walking in the hallway to meet Jongin at the garden. Right around the corner, she was there. Her name was Min Young. She’s actually nice but people said she tends to get possessive.

And Min Young wants Jongin.

Her golden locks were perfectly in place and she was cute and beautiful in her school uniform. She was smiling sweetly before holding onto Hana’s wrist when she passed.

“You must know me, right?” She started the conversation. Hana nodded at her sudden action as she never talked to her.

“Can I ask you a favour?” She said in her ever so sweet voice. “What favour?” Hana asked.

 

“Leave Jongin and let him be mine.”

 

Her voice changed from sweet to stern. Hana stared at her face, no longer a smile on it. She was shocked. It’s their fourth year together and yet the problem just came now?!

With Hana’s shocked face, Min Young smirked at her.

“Can you do that for me? I’ll pay you; name the price.” She said confidently.

 

“Are you kidding me? He’s mine.”

 

The least thing Hana expected happened to her the next thing. Min Young shoved her to the wall and punched her hard on her stomach twice. She’s quite strong, Hana thought as she held onto the pain on her back and her stomach.

“If I can’t have him, you can’t either.” Hana saw her fist going for her face but she held onto her fist and pushed her away.

“Doesn’t mean you’re prettier than me, smarter than me and richer than me, doesn’t mean you can have him. I’ve been with Jongin for 4 years and I’m not going to let some petty threat with your fist here make me let go of him.”

It was the most courageous thing Hana ever did next to saying I love you to Jongin. She pushed her away and walked away with the pain on her stomach which she is positive that would leave a bruise.

But it didn’t end there.

Min Young pulled her by her hair and slammed her to the lockers and slapped her face. It happened so fast. The bells rang at the moment she’s on the floor wincing in pain as Min Young gave another fist, maybe two on her stomach and face and even stepped on her ankle. She might have that sprained.

The bell rang and the slam on the locker must have been loud.

Her vision was blurry as she holds onto her pain. She hear voices and when she tried to look at her surrounding, she sees students and Jongin choking on her as some students hold onto him trying to pull them away.

 

 

It was a painful memory; the second most painful memory in her long last relationship with Jongin. She cried the whole day on her first night at the hospital with Jongin comforting her. It took her two months to recover. Her ankle sprained quite bad too.

The last thing she heard about Min Young was she transferred with a bad record thanks to Jongin’s father who is a lawyer.

Their relationship envied students around the school. How they look mature with each other, yet people could witness sweet moments every morning when Jongin dropped her at her class and kissed her forehead before going to his class.

Was it hard dating him? Was it hard to hold onto the relationship?

People asked her the same question over and over. It was never hard dating him, Hana would answer. Jongin was a simple person. He doesn’t rush things. He’s a caring boyfriend and possessive when needed. He was perfect.

But, it was hard holding onto the relationship. Things that happen with Min Young happened once and never again. Yet, there are always things that remind of the future for Hana.

 

 

 

Was it worth it?

 

 

 

Yes, it was worth it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***********

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The road was filled with people. And between all of those people, Kai and Hana walked together. Their shoulders meet, showing how crowded the street is. They were window shopping, while talking. Kai is already holding onto a shopping bag that he bought for Hana when they stopped into a store. Hana kept on staring at the shirt and so Kai picked it up and told her to try it on. When she was supposed to pay it, Kai hold out some cash and even carried the shopping bag for her.

They stopped for ice cream after that and walked again staring at the stuff in stores from the outside. Along the date, there were some fans following them. Even models have fans. Especially a handsome guys like Kai. They even stopped by the arcade to try some games.

“I’m really good in this game.” Kai pointed at a racing game that consists of two chairs. Hana raised one of her brows, not believing him. “Let’s battle then, if you don’t trust me.”

Kai bought some token and put it in the slot before sitting on the chairs. He pats the seat next to him and Hana took her seat. It has been a long time since she played this. She used to beat Jongin in this game every time but Jongin would beat everything except for racing games basely because Jongin was a guy.

The game started and they both were concentrated in the game. They didn’t even talk. But when the racing car passed the end line, Hana screamed and laughed.

“Yes! I win against you again!”

“Again?”

Kai was confused. When did he play this with her? Hana stopped in her acts and went silent.

“Hey, it’s okay.” Kai said as he lowered his head to peek at Hana who had her face down.

“I’m sorry about that. Haha remember when I said you just remind me of someone I know the first time we met? Yeah I was mistaking again. I’m sorry again.”

Hana tried to explain but Kai just smiled at her and chuckled. “I told you already, it’s okay. Should we play some games before we have our dinner?”

And they played games till it was quite late for dinner.

Hana never had a strict diet so she doesn’t really care if she eats late.

The dinner was fun. It was filled with laughter and Kai keeps on staring at her when eating. Hana had to admit he was exactly like Jongin.  At some point, he was different.

 

“I don’t know why, but, I’m falling for you, Hana. I like you.”

 

Kai suddenly said when Kai decides to walk her home. It was utter silence but he decides to break the silence with it.

“Give me a chance to court you.” Kai said as he stared at her with a meaningful stare. Kai slips his fingers between Hana’s fingers and intertwined their hands. Hana stared at their hands and chuckled.

“You’re a smooth guy, you know that?” Hana said and chuckled. “I’m surprise myself because this is the first time.”

“First time?”

“First time courting a girl.”

 

 

They walked hand in hand to her house. Silence was enough but between those cold breaths of the cold weather, they did some talk.

 

 

“Get away from Kai!!” A scream came from their front before the person shoved Hana away and a pain struck Hana’s stomach and almost fell if it wasn’t Kai who caught her and hold her in his arms tightly. Kai’s eyes were quick to look at the person and he sees a girl.

One of the delusional fans, he thought.

Kai heard her yelps in pain in his arms.

“Are you okay?” Kai asked her. But all he gets was Hana holding onto her stomach of pain. It reminded her of Min Young.

“I’m sorry. It was the sasaeng fans. I’m really sorry.” It’s Kai’s turn to apologize. He holds onto Hana and called a taxi.

They went to the hospital for some check-up and it seems like the punch was from a blunt object leaving another bruise. After the incident, Kai sent her home.

Hana stared at the big bruise on her stomach and called her manager.

“I don’t think I could wear any revealing clothes yet for any photo-shoot.” She told her manager and the whole story. Usually they would cover it up with makeup but the bruise is big so the manager got it took care of.

After she ended the call, her phone rang. She looks at the caller id and it was Kai.

“Hey.” She said. “I’m making sure you’re okay.” Kai said in a worry tone. “I’m fine. I just have to avoid sleeping on my stomach.”

They talked for an hour before Kai heard Hana yawns. “Hmm sleeping beauty needs her sleep now. Go to sleep, dear. Goodnight, Hana.”

 

She loves the way the word ‘dear’ comes out of his mouth.

 

 

 

“Goodnight, Kai.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

HEHE SECOND UPDATE I LOVE YOU.

 

pyoyeonji, signing out!