Chapter 8 - Parents

Two Souls

BEFORE READING

Just wanna tell that I haven't been writing short stories or chaptered stories in a while because I'm into poetry actually. Please understand if my words or sentences gets mixed up or not in order. I'm still getting used to it again.


 

It was those days where Hana comes back home late from work. When she reached home, she sees the house was dark and when she stepped in their room, she could see the only light in the house is the side table lamp. Jongin was lying on the bed with his head under the pillow.

“I’m home.” Hana announced her presence to Jongin. She heard a groan from Jongin when she was undressing herself from the thick jackets since the day gets cold day by day. “Honey, can you take some medicine for me to relief this headache?” Jongin called out to her as he sat up from his lying position.

Hana was having a major headache too, but she holds it in. She sniffed, oh; she’s having flu too. Hana sighed as she hangs her coat. “I’ll be right back.” Hana said to Jongin. She brought the medicine to him with a glass of water and gives it to Jongin before she went to the bathroom.

After washing up, she lied next to Jongin and was about to cuddle with him but stopped when she felt his skin warmer than usual.

“You have a fever!” Hana exclaimed, and rushed to the bathroom to wet a towel for him. Jongin didn’t stop her because he was feeling drowsy and sick. After settling the sick Jongin, then Hana could sleep peacefully. Although her headache was getting stronger, she has already taken some medicine; she thought.

 

“You have a fever!” It was Jongin’s turn to panic. It wasn’t a normal fever. She has a high fever. Her cheeks are slightly red from the fever, even her nose is from the flu. Hana couldn’t open her eyes because of the drowsiness and the headache that seem couldn’t go away with some medicine. Jongin called the doctor immediately after he found out her body was warm.

The doctor told him to keep her rested and gives the medicine every 8 hours. Jongin has always been a good lover every time Hana is sick; so does Hana to Jongin. Jongin even cooked her every meal for the day. He didn’t go for work to take care of her. Hana thank god she didn’t have any schedule for today.

“Stupid, you took care of me yesterday but didn’t even take care of yourself.” Jongin flicked on her forehead when she was having her lunch.

“I always have those headaches remember?” Hana said as she eats her meal. Jongin has always been a good cook rather than her.

“But still, you should have told me.” Jongin tried to argue but Hana just rolled her eyes at the argument because it doesn’t matter. “How’s the food?” Jongin asked.

“I have flu, Jongin; I can’t taste anything.” Hana laughed. It’s true though, she has flu and she can’t even taste the food. “But, I bet the food is delicious. Thank you, sweetheart.” Hana gave a chaste kiss on Jongin’s lips after saying that.

“Germs!! Don’t make me get another fever!!” Jongin screamed playfully.

Being sick does not matter actually, to both of them. It gives them a chance to spend the day together. With their busy schedules, Jongin constant business travel, Hana’s constant overseas project, those days would always be worth it once they found their place in each other’s arms.

 

 

 

“Honey, Jongin and Hana are here!” the voice of Mr Kim from the front door called out for his wife. Footsteps could be heard down the stairs and voila, Mrs Kim appears. Mrs Kim wasn’t actually Jongin’s real mother but she took care of him since he was 5, since Jongin’s real mother ran away for some rich guy.

But, look where they are now. Mr Kim’s business skyrocket and now he owns a mansion. Jongin hugged her mother and followed by Hana. She ushers them to the dining room where the food is already laid out waiting to be eaten.

“So, I heard Hana got a high fever recently? Jongin, didn’t I told you to take care of her?” Jongin’s father started out the dinner conversation. “It’s okay, dad. He took care of me really well.” Hana answered for Jongin.

The family was bright and happy. Jongin’s parents were very supportive for their child and very strict too. When Jongin and Hana started living together, his father didn’t help them. His father let Jongin know what it is like to support a person. And now, Jongin is following his footsteps in business.

“How is the store, mom?” Jongin asked his mother. Ever since Jongin started knowing her, Mrs Kim has always been the person who is very into fashion. That’s how Hana get to convince her parents in her career; with the help of Mrs Kim. “It’s all good. We’ve been trying to get into Harrods but we’ll see after this.”

“Am I expecting some wedding bells soon?” Mr Kim suddenly asked.

“Dad… we’ve been through this.”

“Okay I get it. You don’t want to rush things. But I’m getting old, Jongin. Plus since your brother gets himself my first grandchildren, I’ve been very greedy nowadays.” He laughs at his last statement. Jongin stared at me for a while and smiled.

Yes, Hana is hoping they could settle down. But now, she just wants to slow down.

 

But, slowing down maybe wasn’t the greatest things she has ever done.

 

She should have took the chance

 

But would it make any difference?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***************

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chemistry; people that knows what is going on between Kai and Hana thinks they have chemistry. Their friends and work colleagues, thinks they might have a chance together. Hana even told her brother, Jongsuk about them. He was hesitant but once Hana introduced Kai to him, he was shocked at first to see the resemblance but he was different, Jongsuk said.

All of them are waiting for one little thing; when is Kai planning on asking her to be his girlfriend?

 

They continued their little date in Hana’s kitchen. Although the pain was bearable, Kai wasn’t so sure.

“Are you sure you’re okay? Cause if you aren’t, we could order Chinese food?” Kai said as he slumps checks on Hana who is already putting on an apron.

“I’m fine,” Hana convinced him. “By the way, can you cook?” Hana continued.

Kai slowly shook his head and Hana chuckles at his funny face. She took out the cutting board and starts to chop some vegetable. Kai keeps on staring at her doing her work.

‘She can cook, model, pose, act, and cook.’ Kai thought before seeing her hair which seems to disturb her cooking. He took a hair band he found somewhere in the kitchen and tied her hair, like how Jongin did to her usually. Hana smiled at his actions but deep inside of her she tries to push memories aside.

 

‘You’re over this, Hana. You can’t go back.’

 

“Dinner’s ready!” Hana seem very excited for a person who just got hit in the stomach.  Kai ran from the living room to the dining room to see his favourite food on the table laid out for him. He got bored a few minutes after Hana started cooking so he asked if could watch some shows on TV.

“Wow, you cook it very well.” Kai said as he had the first taste. “Why is your favourite food not a Korean food?” Hana asked as she knows pretty well it was western.

“That’s because I’m not Korean,” Kai chuckled because it has been two months yet Hana didn’t know he wasn’t from here. “I’m American but a part of my blood is Korean from my grandfather. So, I stayed in America my whole life until my parents died so I moved to Korea to expand my career as a model.” Kai explained.

“Ah, I’m sorry I don’t know about this. I’m a bad friend, huh?” Hana laughed at herself.

“Friend?” Kai asked to himself. His was mumbling but Hana could hear him perfectly.

“I’m you friend, right?” Hana asked.

“Yeah, you are but,” Kai answered looking at her before continued to stare at his food. “Never mind, we’ll talk about that later. Let’s eat first, okay?” Kai said faking his smile; he didn’t want to make things between them awkward yet.

 

“Wow, I’m so full!” Kai said as he rubbed his stomach. Hana chuckled at him as she collects the empty plates and puts them into the sink. “It’s getting late. Your manager won’t be mad?” Hana asked as she puts on her washing glove and starts to wash the dishes.

“Nah he never does. I’m only a model not like you, the top star.” Kai joked. Hana shook her head to his joke. She does agree when people said she’s rising right now that she’s in the drama she’s working on.

 

After the dishes were done, Hana and Jongin watched some shows on TV until the clock strikes 1 in the morning. Kai said he needs to go home because he has a photo-shoot in the morning. Hana walked him out to his car like she always does when there’s a guest.

“Text me when you reach home, okay?” Hana said as she helped him with his jacket. Kai nodded before they walked out. “Don’t sleep late, okay? Don’t forget to lock the door.” Kai said to Hana.

“You’re making me like your daughter!” Hana slapped him playfully on the shoulder. Kai only laughed back. He hesitated on doing the next action but Hana was quick in catching his doubts.

“What’s wrong?”

Kai sheepishly rubbed his nape before holding his arms out.

“What?” Hana asked innocently.

“Hug me.”

 

It was a foreign feeling when Hana hugged Kai. She never hugged a guy this passionate other than Jongin. Yes, she hugs other guys but only Jongin and her mom could hug her this way. She felt safe. Kai’s hand is at the back of her head while the other on her waist. She didn’t want to let go.

Kai didn’t want to let go too. He felt content. He felt giddy like a high school girl first got her first kiss. He wants something more he knows he has to wait. When they both pull away simultaneously, Kai stared at her for a while before leaning in and kissed her forehead.

‘Slowly Kai, keep it slow.’ He talked to himself.

Hana was shocked at his actions too. But couldn’t say anything when Kai pulled away, bid his goodbye and went into his car and drove away. Hana touched the place he kissed and for a moment she felt giddy and blushed at his actions.

 

 

 

Little did they know, things are going to spice up a little.

 

 

 


OH BTW, Thanks for subscribing and commenting. PLEASE COMMENT AND THIS IS A TY UPDATE I'LL JUST UPDATE BETTER ON THE NEXT CHAPTER :3

pyoyeonji, signing out.