Chapter 9 - Assurance

Two Souls

“ this . I ing told you to not take any projects for a week every month! What do you think I am? ; A ing robot that could work 24/7?! Cancel that damn project you took, no matter what or I fire you!”

 

Her shouts could be heard by Jongin from outside their bedroom and soon after the surrounding quiet down, he heard a crash. He stumbled off his seat and ran to the room and slammed the door open to see Hana on her bed, with her head covered by the pillow.

 

He looked around their room and saw her phone broke into pieces.

 

“Ah, you and your temper.” Jongin said as he picks up the pieces and puts it on their dressing table. “We need to buy you a new phone.” Jongin said before landing himself next to Hana. He could hear her sobs through the pillow she used to cover her face.

 

Jongin sighed and pull away the pillow from her and hugged her like a lover would do when they see their significant other is upset.

 

Hana’s cried harder once she’s in his embrace and Jongin could only keep quiet as he comforts her. Jongin knows perfectly why she cries.

 

Hana usually would clear up a week every month so she could rest from her work. From her phone call and her loud voice, it seems her manager accepted some projects that would be disturbing her week off. Hana dislike stress and whenever she is forced to do something she doesn’t like, she’ll cry like it’s something big.

 

Jongin didn’t know how long she cried but he knew it was long enough until she slept in his embrace. He pulled away for a while to properly place her head on a pillow but Hana couldn’t let go of his shirt she’s been clenching on since she started crying. Jongin didn’t dare to wake her up so he let her sleep with his arm as a pillow as he joins her to slumber.

 

After a sudden jolt from his sleep, Jongin woke up to see Hana in the midst of waking up next to him. She was rubbing on her eyes while looking at the clock.

 

He sat up and leaned on the headboard as he tried to wake up from the short nap. Hana turned to him and weakly smiled.

 

“I’m sorry for sleeping on your arm.” She took his arm and massage it since he felt his arms goes stiff from the short nap.

 

“Are you okay, though?” Jongin asked as he stared at Hana who is still massaging his arms. “Yeah, kind of. Hey, can I borrow your phone?” Jongin agreed and lend her his phone. Hana took his broken phone and took out the card and inserted it in Jongin’s phone.

 

When she turned it on, she sees 2 missed calls and 1 text message from her manager.

 

From: Manager

I took care of it and you have your week off. I’m sorry for accepting the project. Please forgive me~~

 

Hana laughed at the text message because her manager is scared of getting fired. She wasn’t kidding when she said that but she never gets angry to any person for so long.

 

To: Manager

Don’t do that again! Buy me a handbag too!! XD No worries. I forgive you ^^

 

When she was done, she turned the phone off and inserted Jongin’s card back.
 

“Should we buy you a new phone?” Jongin asked.
 

“You’ve been spending a lot of money nowadays, you know that right?” Hana said to him.
 

“I have the money now, so why not just spend it? Plus, I saved 20% of my salary. You should be glad that my business is running well that I could even support a baby now!”
 

“Yah, don’t be cocky now.” Hana glared at him for saying such words.
 


“I’m kidding. Fine, I’ll spend my money wisely. Is that what you want to hear?”
 

Hana nodded and smiled to him. When he stared at Jongin, he patted his chest and Hana knew what to do. She rests her head on his chest
as they cuddle together on their bed. Her one week off starts today and ever since she started the one week off every month thingy, she would spend it wisely with her dear lover.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

************

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hana spend her morning slowly because the only schedule she has today is at night, which is with Kai. They promised to have dinner together so he had to pick her up at her house. It was calm indeed, but she just couldn’t take the feelings of something is bad going to happen.
 

She wandered her house and she realized for the past few months she never really wander throughout the house. She rarely stepped into the study room or the play room where his brother put his game stuff. Jongsuk would sometimes drop by to have lunch or dinner with her. One day, he brought over some of his games and said his apartment is too small for the stuff and left it in hers.
 


Before she could take out a book from her study room, her phone rang and it was her manager.
 

“Hello?”
 

Hana didn’t feel good when she answered her phone.
 

“Hana, where are you right now?”
 

“I’m at home. What’s going on?”
 

Hana started to panic with his voice.
 

“I’ll pick you up at home so dress up. Something just happened so you better be ready with an explanation to the boss.”
 

Hana said okay and went to her room to change her clothes. All of the while, she thinks of the things she did wrong to her boss or during work and she thought so hard and gave up.
 

The honks from outside signalled that her manager has arrived. She quickly went inside the van and the atmosphere was awkward. She asked what’s wrong but they only said to wait until they reach the company.
 

As they reach the building, there were journalists or paparazzi if you prefer outside of the front building. They even had to use the back door and in a few minutes, Hana is already in the boss’ office.
 

A few minutes later, another person came into the office and it was Kai and his manager.
 

“What’s going on here? Did I do something wrong?” Hana asked.
 

Being a person who feels guilty fast, Hana panicked.
 

“No, you didn’t do anything wrong,” the boss said. “You do remember a part of your contract that the company never forbids you from dating, right?” The boss asked to Hana.
 

Hana nodded slowly, slowly already understanding the situation right now.
 

“Early this morning, someone on internet posted a picture of you two hugging, holding hands and grocery shopping; like someone who is dating. It went uproar since you’re now a rising actress plus Kai is a top model. I want both of you to confirm this.”
 

Hana stared at Kai and she sees he was shocked too. I guess she wasn’t the only one who didn’t know about this in the first place.
 

Kai looked at her for confirmation, and Hana nodded slowly.
 

“We’re not dating,” The boss was about to interject but Kai continued what he is saying.
 

“But we’re close to it. I’ve been trying to court Hana into a relationship and I didn’t want to rush things. Does that answer your question?” Kai answered calmly.
 

“It’s the world of K-Pop and they can’t take that answer.” The manager said.

 

It was silent for a while before the boss comes to a final answer.

 

“We’ll release an article immediately. Hana and Kai will publicly announce their relationship as dating. I know you aren’t but you two will get there, right?”
 

The boss smiled.
 

Kai smiled at his expressions. It means he passed another border that protects Hana; Jongsuk, her boss and her parents.
 

“Both of you are dismissed. Oh, and Kai would you be kind enough to send Hana home. Take the front door of the building.”
 

The boss was supportive.
 

When they went out of the room, their managers teased them and even told them to hold hands when going out the building; for pictures sake.
 

 

When they stepped out of the elevator, Kai looked at the still-shocked Hana.

“It’s going to be okay. I’m right here, okay?” Kai comforts Hana. It did bring a smile to Hana and with the sight of some paparazzi outside the building; they knew it’s only the start.

 

Kai took her hand and went out of the building, and not even a second spared for them as the paparazzi took their pictures. They asked question but both of them are told to keep quiet. Kai opened the door of the passenger’s seat and Hana quickly slides in followed by Kai at the driver’s seat.
 

She kept quiet the whole drive and Kai didn’t want to disturb her.

 

“I guess our dinner tonight will be at my home again.” Kai heard she talked. He drifts his eyes from hid driving for a while and glanced at her who has a smile on her face.  Kai indeed smiled at her expression. At least it wasn’t awkward between them.
 

Kai didn’t know where he gets the courage when he slipped his hand into hers. Hana blushed at his action but this time, she didn’t hide it. She used her other hand to cover her face which obviously showed to Kai that she likes it. Kai chuckled at her and tighten his grip on her hands.
 

“Don’t hold onto it too hard,” Hana said as they stopped at a red light. “I’m not going anywhere.” Hana continued and blushed hard with her words.
 

“I know that, dear. I’m just living the moment. The world knows you as my girlfriend.” He said as he smiled at her.
 

 

 

“Ugh, that sounded so cheesy.” She yelped and laughed at both of them.

 


ugh that is terrible. pyoyeonji, signing out!