Chapter 10 - Propose?

Two Souls

After they did their daily morning routine, Hana still feels sleepy.  She lied on their bed, and snuggles with the white sheets. She has always liked the white sheets because she feels calm when waking up in the morning in her white duvet and staring at her lover right next to her.

 

Plus it looks heavenly with her skin colour.

 

“A penny for your thoughts?”

 

Hana chuckled at Jongin who joined her on the bed, tucking his arms behind her neck and embracing her as usual.

 

Hana breathed in the minty scent he has that she always loved.

 

She really could die if he is not here.

 

“I’m just thinking about us; it’s our 7th year together though.”

 

Jongin pulled her away for a while to stare at her eyes. The eyes that holds a lot of secret, emotions and a part of it longs for a forever with him.

 

He knows what she exactly wants all these years.

 

“Jongin, can you define a perfect relationship? People asked me always because they think I have a perfect relationship.”

 

Jongin kept silent for a while before starting his sentence.

 

“A perfect relationship to me is - knowing the space next to me is filled by the person you could see the future with. A perfect relationship is going on some place but it gives some memories – nothing big. Supporting each other on things the other love so much, being selfless, accompanying each other when needed, cuddling because hearing each other heartbeats are precious – there is a living thing right here in my arms that won’t let me go and so do I. A perfect relationship is when you know he won’t break the heart you entrusted on taking care. They won’t lock the heart and leave the flower the planted wilt.”

 

 

“But the most important thing is, a perfect relationship is when that person could give their whole heart and be you – and I’m experiencing it on my own right now because the person right in front of me made my life perfect. She feels every unfilled corner of my life and made it full. She lives her life to the fullest and loves the ones she loves to the fullest. She is so selfless; she didn’t know she has a fever. She is in my arms right now and I want my future to be with her.”

 

Hana felt his word right pierced through her heart because it’s true. She really is in love with Jongin. The seven years together; her love never faded. She entrust her heart to him.

 

 

“You want a future with me?”

 

 

Jongin smiled and reached for the drawer right next to their bed and pulled a small box.

 

 

“I was supposed to give this at our dinner tonight,”

 

 

Jongin could already see her eyes brimmed with tears

 

 

“But I think this moment is just perfect.”

 

 

He opened the box and she could see a simple ring with little diamonds on it.

 

“Mrs Kim,”

 

Jongin didn’t even finish his sentence when Hana attacked him with a hug, straddling him while her happy tears just fell from her eyes.

 

Jongin chuckled at her reaction and sat up with Hana on his lap, hugging his neck; looking right through his eyes.

 

 

“Will you marry me?”

 

 

“Yes, yes I do.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*********

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh, hello Kai, why did you call?” Hana was at the shoot for her drama. The drama is going to end in a week but before it could end she has already received a lot of offer in acting.

 

“I’m calling if we could meet up after this. Are you okay with that?”

 

“Mhmm just pick me up at the set you picked me up the other day at 5.”

 

Hana ended the call after saying her good bye and focused in memorizing her lines.

 

As she stared at her lines, she wants to memorize it but her head keeps on thinking about Kai and the news. It was everywhere.

 

‘Is actress Lee Hana dating top model Kai?’

‘Rising star Lee Hana is taken?’

‘Lee Hana spotted on a date with top model Kai.’

 

There were lots of news and the company is still thinking of on how to confirm the news although the pictures of them holding hand and hugging surfaced the internet all over Korea proved more.

 

But at the same time, she thinks, “What is she to Kai?”

 

They hold hands, they hugged and they even cuddled once when they were watching a drama at Kai’s house; plus the multiple dates; the night date where it sparked the netizens. There are pictures of them holding hands while Kai carries the groceries. They look more than friends in the picture.

 

Also the picture of them hugging when Kai went home, and the pictures of them going out of the company holding hand confirms everything. But the company didn’t say a word yet.

 

“Hana, you are needed in the next scene!” A staff called her and she quickly went through the lines and removed the blanket covering her legs and her jacket. The coldness really hit her hard she starts to sniffle.

 

When she reached the set, the director told to get in position and explained the parts.

 

When he said action, she starts her lines but 10 minutes and she gets a lot of NGs. She apologized to the actor because he was holding in the coldness.

 

“It’s okay. Plus, you’re the one who’s wearing a skirt.”

 

The director looks pissed because she couldn’t get it.

 

“Yah, do it properly. I’m cold over here.” The director said as he pointed at Hana

 

Hana bowed and apologized for her mistakes and re-read her lines again before he said action. When he did, Hana stuttered at her lines and the director had to stop, screamed “Cut!” and threw his hat.

 

“Why couldn’t you get it right?!” He screamed at Hana.

 

 

“Yah, give her a break. She’s wearing a skirt here while you and the staff wear thick jackets. She’s also going through tough times so please respect her for a while.”

 

Her co-actor defended her, shouting at the director actually, and she silently thanked him because he is a lot of damn true. She’s cold and her head is filled with thoughts of the recent controversy.

 

 

They end up having a 10 minutes break and the Hana’s stylist rushed to her with warm blankets and thick jackets while muttering how a jerk is the director.

 

After the break they all needed, Hana finally got the scene right and the director even apologized for screaming at her.

 

Around 5, she changed into her normal warm clothes and saw Kai’s car waiting for her. Kai waved at her and she slid into the car.

 

“Where are we going?”

 

“We’re going to my favourite place. Take some rest because it’s kind of far.”

 

Kai grinned at her before driving.

 

 

 

 

“Kai, where are we?”

 

Hana could see the sky has turned slightly yellow and all she could see is trees down there. They were on a cliff.

 

Kai took out a big blanket from the back seat and went out of the car, followed by Hana. She stared at Kai who is now laying a small blanket on the front hood of the car and sat on it. He took the other big blanket and wraps it around his body.

 

“Come on.” Kai asked her to join by helping her up.

 

Kai took her in his arms, letting her back rest on his chest. Hana blushed at his gesture and she couldn’t hide the red tint on her cheeks and nose.

 

“Are you cold?”

“No, this is fine.”

 

 

The sky turned a bright orange as they sat on the front hood of the car together; cuddling. Hana rested her head on his shoulders and they both look out to the sky in silence.

 

“Hana,” Kai called out and hold her hands under the big, warm blanket. She hummed to answer him.

 

“I want us to be more. Everyday all I could think of is how it would be like if you’re my girlfriend and what it would be like if you love me. The things I’m doing to you right now, isn’t just some act. I really like you and I want us to be more. ”

 

Hana blushed at his words because just when she was about to ask what are they, he answered before he could even listen to her thoughts.

 

She hides her face in her palms – actually she was hiding her reddening face.

 

“Why, did I say something wrong? Did I shock you? I must have made you feel uncomfortable. I’m sor – “

 

“No, no you didn’t say anything wrong,” Hana said as she laughed at the panicking Kai. Their face is inches apart and it made her blushed even harder.

 

Hana sniffed from the cold and Kai began panicking again.

 

“Are you crying? I made you cry didn’t I? I’m sor – “

 

“No, Kai, I’m not crying.”

 

She laughed as she tries to say the next word she has been holding in.

 

“I like you too.”

 

 

 


I'm sorry I updated late cause I have been trying to write the past part over and over. Once I nailed it but then my little sis just pulled my charger and the screen went blank and it didn't autosave and yeah i wrote like 7-8 pages and sometimes didn't think it was good and had to erase everything and start from scratch

 

sorry ^^;;

 

pyoyeonji, signing out.