The End Part 1: Three Years Later

Without You

 

 

 

Your Point of View

 

   I looked out the window at the rain. The steady flow water from the sky was making me sleepy. I yawned as I stood up from the couch. As I made my way down to the kitchen I see how tired I look in one of the mirrors. I hadn't slept in days and what's worse is I hadn’t eaten a good meal in ages.
   I walk down the hallway we share when he is home and look out the front window. It is pouring rain and I can't see even to the mailbox. We moved to Busan shortly after I remembered everything.

 

~ Flashback ~


   "You can never leave me again." He said hugging me. We were sitting on the couch and he had his hand wrapped around my waist. "If you leave me again I don't know what will happen to me.” He set me down beside him and laid his head on my lap. “I don't think I can handle anymore heart break." He said getting comfortable.
   "I won't leave you again." I said leaning over and resting my lips on his forehead. He sat back up and looked into my eyes.
   "They really are my favorite. I don't know how I was blind enough not to see you when you were right in front of me." He whispered just before he kissed me. He held my face in his hands as he deepened the kiss. I lifted my face away from his and he pulled me back to him, our lips barely touching. 
   "I love you so much." He whispered against my lips. I closed the gap between us not wanting to wait any longer. He picked me up and piggy backed me to his room.
   That night I let him have me. It was the first time he had spent the night with me in over two years.

 

~ End of Flashback ~

 

   As I walk out the front door I get drenched in rain. I wipe my face on the little bit of dry cloth I have left. Today the bus seems to be moving slower than normal. When the driver stops where I want to be, I get off and look to the right. I could have sworn I heard my name. I continue to walk towards the school and enter the building shaking off my hair. Drenched as I was, I wasn't freezing. I see a familiar face and smile internally.
   "Good-morning. How are you today?" Asked the familiar voice as a smile spread across his features.
   "I'm fine and yourself?" I ask still walking towards my class. He follows me and opens the door for me. A smile runs across my face as he motions for me to walk.
   "I'd be better if you'd agree to go out on a date with me." He said. I gave him a look. Still smiling I feel my face turn a slight shade of red.
   "You know I have a boyfriend." I say as he plays with my hand. I pull away and walk to the board to write up today’s lesson. He hugs me from behind.
   "I don't care if you have a boyfriend." He says kissing my neck and playing with my skirt.
   "Not now, the kids could walk in at any moment." I say playfully pushing him away.
   "Come on." He begs, almost whispering.
   "Jun-hyung! The kids will be here any minute." I say as he kisses my neck more and tries to my blouse. I can't stop smiling as he plays with my shirt.
   "What? You don't want me to?" He asks biting my ear.
   "It's not that, it's just the kids..." I say as he spins me around and our lips connect.
   "The kids aren't coming today. School is out." He says as he pulls my leg up on his hip. I gasp as he pins my arms to the wall.
   "Did I surprise you?" He asks as he kisses my neck.

   “You mean now or before?” I ask, panting as he kisses me more.

   “Both.” He says as his lips make their way down to my collarbone.

   “Only a little. Ki-kwang told me you guys were coming back fairly soon.” I say as I pull his face to mine. He kisses me harder than he had in a long time.

   “Can we go home now?” He asks.

   “School is really out?” I ask, pulling away from him.

   “I paid them to close for today. It’s an important day.” He said as he dragged me out the door and towards his car. On the way home he couldn’t stop touching my knee. He continued to smile at me as he pulled into the driveway of our home.

   “Want to go inside?” He asked. I nod my head and he comes to my side of the car and opens the door.

   “You look excited about something.” I comment on the boyish expression on his face. He pulls me out of the car and pushes me against the door.

   “Do I?” He asked. We make our way inside, acting like teenagers the entire time. I kiss him as he throws me on the couch.

   After I let him have me a few times we fall asleep.

 

~ The Next Morning ~

 

   The rain outside made it impossible to want to wake up. I didn’t open my eyes for fear I wouldn’t be able to go back to sleep. It turned out it had all been a dream. My alarm hadn’t gone off yet, so I know it’s not time to wake up, but I wanted to go watch the rainfall. Lying there with my eyes closed I couldn’t bring myself to stay where I was. Barely opening my eyes I see that the sun is nowhere near the surface of Busan.

   I groan and put my head back on my pillow. I try to explain to myself that it’s not daytime yet, but I still expose my skin to the cold air. I look at the clock on the way to the bathroom and see that my alarm would in fact be going off in an hour. What time did I have to leave again?

   As I lay back down my cell phone vibrates on its dock and I see that it’s Shin-hye calling.

   “Hello?” I groan into the phone. I hadn’t talked to her in days and I didn’t particularly want to talk to her now either.

   “Aren’t you up yet? Why are you still sleeping?” She asked me. I didn’t have the energy to tell her that I hadn’t been sleeping well these past few weeks. Nor did I want to listen to the monologue about how they have prescription sleep aids.

   “Because I didn’t get to bed till late and people kept calling me all night.” I say and she is quiet for a moment.

   “Stop answering your phone to them. Just come to the park by two, okay?” She says.

   “Why is it so important that I come to your friends birthday party in the first place? Are you really going to make me drive all the way to Seoul for a birthday party?” I ask, sitting up on my bed and crossing my arms.

   “I just want you to come! You need to get out of the house and out of that town. There are too many bad memories lurking there. And besides, I want you there with me. When will you be done moving all of your stuff up here anyway?” She said trying to sound sweet at six in the morning.

   “I was done yesterday, but I had planned on spending a few more nights here.” I say, trying not to be annoyed. She had convinced me to move to Seoul a few months ago. She had moved up there a year ago and begged me to follow her.

   “Why? There is nothing else left for you in that place, you should have just stayed here.” She said.

   “I had something to take care of. And today is the anniversary.”  I say looking out the window.

   “Just make sure you’re on time, okay?” She says. She sounds worried for me, but I know that she will always want to protect me. A tear hits my cheek before I continue talking.

   “I’m getting up in an hour. I’ll be to Seoul right around two. I shouldn’t be too late.” I say hanging up the phone. She would just have to deal with it until I got there. And what was so damn important?

   When my alarm finally does go off I get up and rush for the bathroom. Taking a quick shower I get out and get dressed immediately. Applying the right amount of make-up I exit my old home. Looking back I remember that I want to forget, but I know that will be next to impossible.

   I look towards the small body of water just next to the house. Walking over to the dock I look out at the sky. We used to love stargazing. Every other night we would grab a telescope and a couple of chairs and camp out for an hour or so just to look at the sky. It was one of our favorite things to do.

   Driving up the road a few miles I stop and inhale before I exit the vehicle. I grab the flowers that were lying in the seat next to me. I stand beside my car for a few minutes. Telling myself that now is not the time to cry I enter the building and turn the corner so I can get to the right spot.

   I take several deep breaths and try not to break down. I would be driving for several hours after this and the last thing I needed was to be involved in another car accident.

   When I find his name a tear falls onto my dress. I can’t help but cry when I see all of the pictures of us strewn everywhere.

   “How have you been?” I ask. I in my breath otherwise I won’t be able to breath. “I didn’t have time to make any food, so I hope you understand. I did bring flowers though. I hope you’re doing okay.” I say laying the flowers in front of his name. Looking at his nameplate the tears continue to spring forward and I am powerless to stop them. Crashing to my knees I look up at all the photographs.

   “Shin-hye told me to tell you hello. She knows I miss you so much. And she tells me that you are probably doing just fine on the other side without me.” I whimper and stand up. Turning to leave I turn back and look one last time at his name.

 

Yong Jun-hyung

 

   “I will always love you. No matter what happens, I hope you know this. I finished moving all of my stuff to Seoul yesterday. I’ll still come visit you around this time of year. Please live happily on the other side. Don’t make me worry for you even in death.” I say as I leave. I blow a kiss to his nameplate and all the pictures as I walk out the door.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay so maybe I'll write one more chapter after this. I'm not too sure anymore. I feel like the next chapter will definitely be the ending chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~