Monday.

Deafening

Mondays were always excruciating for Sungjong.

Having to wake up early in the morning and look forward to nothing but ghosting amongst his peers in an effort not to be picked on because of his lack of voice.

Groaning miserably as he lifted himself out of bed, he felt a strange sensation across the sensitive skin of his wrist and he looked down in surprise.

Once he noticed the bracelet, Sungjong smiled blissfully, feeling a wave of warmth and comfort surge through him, knowing he'd get to see Myungsoo today - at least for a while.

The bracelet was made of simple black leather, with a beautiful silver rose charm as its only decoration.

Throwing back his covers, Sugjong slid out of bed and meandered over to where his uniform hung, laying it out neatly on the bed, before grabbing his towel and shampoo, heading downstairs for a shower.

The rush of warm water was soothing that morning, instead of its usual encouragement of nerves. Sungjong shut off the water just as his mother called him down for breakfast.

He hastily dried himself and dashed up the attic stairs, pulling on his uniform and rubbed his hair vigorously as he made his way into the kitchen.

Sitting down at the breakfast bar, Sungjong had just shovelled a spoonful of cereal into his mouth, when Aerin came barrelling into the kitchen.

"Morning mum, morning Sungjong. Can't stay, I have to meet Eun Sae in ten minutes."

She gulped down a glass of juice, grabbed two slices of toast, kissed Sungjong and Mrs Lee on the cheek and was out the door. Shaking his head, Sungjong finished his cereal, before he looked at the clock.

Jumping up, he bolted up the stairs to grab his backpack and after kissing his mother goodbye, he tore out the door to catch the bus.

He made it to the bus stop just as the bus turned the corner and he smiled at his luck. Flashing his bus pass, Sungjong fell into the closest seat he could find and plugged his earphones in.

.:~*~:.

His first two periods went slowly, but without hassle. No one threw nasty comments his way and nobody pegged him as their punching bag.

He really should have known it was too good to last.

As the bell for break rang and Sungjong began to pack away his things, the teasing started.

"What happened, Jongie? Is your big, bad boyfriend skipping school today?"

Sungjong could feel the urge to cry building up inside him, as they continued to taunt him and downgrade Myungsoo. Of course, they didn't stop there.

They continued all throughout break, following Sungjong and catcalling all sorts of horrible things. Someone said something akin to calling Sungjong an undercover e, saying "he had the looks".

The taunts got worse and worse, the longer they followed him around.

Suddenly, Sungjong found himself trapped between the schook dumpsters and the group of jeering classmates. Hoping they would leave him alone after cornering him proved futile, as the ringleader took a snatch at his books, managing to grab one and pull it out of his grip.

Just his luck the stolen book was his favourite reading book.

He watched in horror, as the group smiked sickeningly and produced a lighter.

Surely they wouldn't... Would they?

They did.

Forced to watch as they set the book alight, Sungjong was finding it harder and harder to fight off the tears.

Then, a slim hand appeared from behind him and covered Sungjong's eyes, sending him into dark, but the cinamon and apple scent was comforting.

He was here.

Shocked gasps sounded from in front of him and Sungjong couldn't help the amused smirk that slipped on to his face.

Turning around, he buried himself into Myungsoo's chest and smiled as the senior's chest rumbled - an effect of the threatening warnings directed at the offending peers.

When he was sure they were gone, Sungjong lifted his head, gazing into Myungsoo's slightly sweaty face happily.

"They weren't totally unbearable were they?" Myungsoo asked, keeping an arm around Sungjong's waist, as the younger buried his head into the senior's shoulder again.

Smiling, Myungsoo brought up his other arm to hug Sungjong and said, "Don't worry about your book. I'll buy you a new one."

As he kissed the top of Sungjong's head, the younger boy smiled in bliss.

 



That was fairly long, wasn't it? Just a heads up to all my 70+ subs (where did you come from? o.o) that I'm going to my uncle's for christmas in a week. I'm still not sure if I'll be able to updateor anything during that time. But bear with me~~

xoxo Raine

P.S - Yes, I have Howl's Moving Castle feels because I watched it twice. ㅠㅠ