Sick.

Deafening

After they'd parted ways when the bell rang for class, Myungsoo hadn't seen Sungjong for the rest of the week - which was strange in itself, because he would always spot the pretty boy walking the hallways in between classes and at the end of the day.

As Myungsoo left school on Friday, after the final bell, he wondered what could have happened to Sungjong to make him suddenly disappear.

On his way out the gates, Myungsoo spotted Woohyun and Sunggyu together, standing patiently by the bus stop - seemingly waiting for him.

"Hey guys, were you waiting for me?"

Sunggyu looked up from his phone and nodded, "There you are. What class did you have? You took ages!"

Myungsoo pouted and sighed, "I had chemistry. The classroom was at the back of the school." He scuffed his shoe on the ground, "Why are you waiting for me, anyway?"

"We're going to visit Sungjong, he's gotten himself sick after he went swimming on Tuesday."

"Tuesday's sport day for sophomores, isn't it?"

"Yeah, it is. It's pretty much the only time I'm not in class with Sungjong. I do horse riding out at Heather Field." Sunggyu said, shifting in Woohyun's arms as the latter rested against him tiredly.

Myungsoo ahh'ed in understanding.

The three stood quietly as they waited for the bus. The only sounds around them were the clamour of other students and Sunggyu's constant tapping on his phone. Myungsoo chuckled as Sunggyu adjusted Woohyun's head on his shoulder, as the other lightly dozed.

When the bus finally arrived, Myungsoo and Sunggyu poked Woohyun to wake him up. Boarding the bus and finding a seat, Myungsoo turned to Sunggyu, "Is there anything I should know before we get to Sungjong's?"

Sunggyu thought for a minute, "Well his dad passed away when he was 7 and his mother works as a nurse. He has a little sister called Aerin and she's 13. When we get there, I'm pretty sure his mum would already be off to work and Aerin will be looking after him."

"Is that why we're going to see him now?"

"Yes. I talked to Aerin earlier and she needs to finish some assignments. I said we'd look after him for her until she was done."

Myungsoo nodded, "Makes sense."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The half an hour bus ride was uneventful and as they alighted from the vehicle, Myungsoo noticed that the neighbourhood was fairly pleasant, with little thatched cottages and beautiful stone houses lining the streets.

Sunggyu allowed the two seniors to gaze around for a minute, before pulling them towards a grey wood and stone house, on the other side of the road.

It was a fairly modern building, compared to its surroundings, which indicated it was recently built, but it was still a very nice house.

Myungsoo and Woohyun hovered behind, as Sunggyu bounded up to the door and knocked three times. It took a moment before a soft click was heard and the wooden door was opened. A young girl appeared behind the screen door and she smiled as she spotted Sunggyu.

"Sunggyu oppa, you're here! Are these oppa's friends?"

The two seniors waved shyly and Woohyun whispered, "That must be the little sister Gyu was talking about."

They watched as Sunggyu smiled and nodded, "Hey Aerin, this is Myungsoo and Woohyun. Is Sungjong upstairs?"

Aerin unlocked the screen door and let the three boys in, waiting for them to take off their shoes before leading them into the house, "Yeah, he is. He's really sick this time. I could barely control his fever last night. He's a walking disaster sometimes."

Sunggyu chuckled as he messed the girl's hair playfully, "Okay, you run along and do what you need to do. We'll look after him for now."

Aerin smiled and ran off, while Sunggyu motioned for Myungsoo and Woohyun to follow him, "Sungjong's room is in the attic." They gave him incredulous looks, "When you get up there, you'll see why he chose it." Glancing at each other, the two seniors shrugged and followed Sunggyu up the staircase, down a hall and up another staircase to an antique looking door. Motioning for them to be quiet, Sunggyu knocked on the door gently and called out, "Sungjong? It's Gyu. I brought some people to see you, can we come in?"

Both Myungsoo and Woohyun thought he was being ridiculous. Why bother asking someone a question, if you knew they couldn't answer?

Myungsoo tried to reach forward and open the door, but Sunggyu slapped his hand away, "Wait," he hissed and then there were three knocks.

"Okay," Sunggyu called, turning his back on the door and guarding it, "He said to wait a minute." Woohyun and Myungsoo shared an astounded look, then one more knock sounded and Sunggyu opened the door.

Not even a second after he'd stepped through the door, Sunggyu shot forward, "Sungjongie! How could you go and let yourself get sick? Making hyung worry about you like that!"

Woohyun rolled his eyes, "Same old Sunggyu," he whispered as he and Myungsoo entered the surprisingly large bedroom, "Always the motherly type."

Making their way further into the room, Myungsoo finally caught a glimpse of Sungjong and it was fair to say the boy looked absolutely awful. His nose would scrunch when he sniffled and his chest would heave horribly as he coughed.

"Sungjong!"

The sick boy's head shot up and stared at his seniors, wide eyed.

Myungsoo strode over to the bed with large steps, sitting on the edge of the sizeable mattress gingerly and reached out to brush Sungjong's long bangs out from in front of his eyes. He frowned as he felt how hot and sweaty the boy was and ground his teeth when some of the hair refused to budge under his soft touch. The younger boy reached up and tried to assist, but his weakened state refused him.

As Sungjong doubled over in a silent coughing fit, Myungsoo rubbed his back gently as he tried to still his racing heart.

What is this strange feeling?

He was pulled from his thoughts when Sunggyu growled, "You, young man," he pointed at Sungjong, "Are in big trouble."