Friends.

Deafening

The next time Myungsoo spotted Sungjong at school, was at lunch time. The boy was sitting under the huge, weathered oak tree with someone who Myungsoo assumed was Sunggyu and they were eating out of packed lunches.

Woohyun, who appeared at Myungsoo's elbow after buying their lunches (he'd lost a bet and had to pay for their lunches for a week), followed his friend's line of sight and spotted the pair that Myungsoo was watching.

"Let's go sit with them, please Myung?"

"Sure, why not. I need to meet this Sunggyu person."

Woohyun lit up like a child in a candy store, practically dragging Myungsoo over to where his boyfriend was sitting and diving at a surprised Sunggyu for a hug.

"Woohyun? What are you doing here?"

"Am I not allowed to sit with my own boyfriend?" Woohyun pouted and crossed his arms childishly, as Sunggyu tried to redeem himself.

"N-no! I mean, you're usually with Myung-"

A shadow cast itself over Sunggyu and he looked up to see a smirking Myungsoo, "Hi."

"Oh. You're sitting with us too?"

Myungsoo shrugged, "Why not? I want to meet this Sunggyu that Woohyun never shuts up about."

He laughed when Woohyun took a swipe at his shoulder, face red from embarassment.

As Woohyun decided to use Sunggyu's lap as a pillow, Myungsoo turned his attention to Sungjong, who had been watching them the entire time, "Hey, told you I'd see you again."

Sungjong smiled ; So you did.

"And here I am~!"

A wider grin ; And here you are.

"What do you have next?"

Sungjong scrunched his nose cutely, before digging through his bag and producing a music workbook. Flickin through it's pages, Myungsoo realised they were working on vocalisation (trying not to be distracted by Sungjong's gorgeous script) and figured it was the reason of his new found friend's sour expression.

"Oh," Myungsoo was at a loss for words, "Well..."

Sungjong shrugged ; It doesn't matter.

He mimed playing one instrument and then another ; I play better then anyone else.

Myungsoo chuckled at the triumphant and slightly smug look on Sungjong's face as he boasted of his instrumental abilities.

"Sungjong-ah, where's your phone?"

Instead of using gestures, Sungjong signed something in response to Sunggyu.

"He understands? How?"

Another string of signs.

"I see. You're not replacing me, are you?"

Frantic head shaking and a pleading look.

"I'm only kidding," Sunggyu laughed, "He doesn't seem that bad."

"Are you judging me?" Myungsoo asked, raising an eyebrow mockingly.

"Yup," Sunggyu replied nonchalantly, "My best friend deserves the best." Myungsoo realised he was being teased.

"Oh really? What would you do if I hurt him?"

"I'd string you up by your nuts and taunt you with the things you love most."

"Woohyun!" Myungsoo suddenly shouted, "Your boyfriend is a psycho!"

No one noticed as Sungjong doubled over in silent, tear-jerking laughter.