Thanks.

Deafening
He'd never noticed the mockery the other kids made of Lee Sungjong, before he'd forgotten something in his locker and was forced to run back for it.
 
The poor boy was backed into a corner, four or five students crowding him; taunting, jeering and sometimes even smacking him, knowing he couldn't fight back.
 
Kim Myungsoo had heard the gossip about the pretty boy that was mute, though they'd never met. He was smart, even if he couldn't speak and he would usually type what he wanted to say on his phone.
 
Kim Sunggyu was Sungjong's best friend and the only person that could talk to him without needing Sungjong to type it out.
 
He had practically mastered reading the boy's body language and his facial expressions.
 
Myungsoo had heard all this from his own best friend, Nam Woohyun, who just happened to be Sunggyu's boyfriend.
 
Of course, Myungsoo had never tagged along whenever Woohyun went to meet with Sunggyu and therefore had never met him either.
 
What a dumb idea that was, in hindsight.
 
Getting closer, Myungsoo realised that the group of bullies had managed to trap Sungjong against his locker, which made it very easy to get an advantage.
 
Myungsoo had never used his position as a kingka to his advantage, preferring to stay the stoic and cool city boy that everyone adored him as. But at that moment, he had to do something because he really didn't want to see the poor boy cry.
 
He crept up behind them, careful not to let his gym shoes squeak against the floor, before straightening up and crossing his arms; L mode activated.
 
"Excuse me, you're in my way."
 
A second passed before one of the taunting girls turned and her eyes widened, "Omo! L oppa! We were just-"
 
"Picking on a kid that can't fight back?"
 
"W-well..."
 
"You should be ashamed of yourselves."
 
Their shocked faces made him angry, "You heard me," he growled, "Now get out of here and leave Sungjong alone. He doesn't need your , when he has enough problems of his own."
 
Myungsoo watched in amusement as they tripped over themselves as they ran down the hall - never once looking back.
 
Turning back to his locker (and Sungjong), Myungsoo smiled at him gently, "Hey," he called, "Are you ok?" He watched as Sungjong typed quickly;
 
I am now, thanks to you.
 
Myungsoo grinned internally, (he didn't want to look like a creep) and asked, "Do they pick on you often?"
 
A nod ; Yes.
 
"Well I'd get rid of them more often for you, but I'm not in your grade."
 
A tilted head; I'm confused.
 
"I'm a senior."
 
Widened eyes and an open, gradually smiling mouth ; Oh, I get it now.
 
"Yeah. I'm Kim Myungsoo, by the way."
 
Sungjong waved his hand down his body ; You know who I am.
 
"And you're Lee Sungjong, yes, I've heard about you."
 
A bashful smile ; Oh dear.
 
"Don't worry, nothing bad. All my info comes from Woohyun-"
 
A frantic gesture to his phone, where a picture of him and Sunggyu was presented ; You mean Gyu's boyfriend?!
 
Myungsoo chuckled, "Yes, that Woohyun. He's my best friend but I haven't met Sunggyu yet."
 
A slight glare with a playful smile ; And why not?
 
"I'm not one for third wheeling."
 
A shrug ; Fair enough.
 
"Myungsoo!"
 
A voice echoed down the hall and the senior winced, having forgotten he was meant to be in class, "I'll see you later, okay? If you see Woohyun, get my number from him. Bye Sungjong!"
 
Grabbing his forgotten things, Myungsoo ran off, glancing over his shoulder to see Sungjong waving him off with a smile;
 
Okay, I will. Bye!
 
Just before the younger boy was out of sight, Myungsoo realised Sungjong had only typed a message to him once and he stopped dead in his tracks.
 
"I understood everything he said to me."
 
We'll definitely meet again.