05

I Fall In Love With A Mute

 

 

 

 

So, this will be confusing a bit. The previous chapters are all about Yoseob and Yojun's childhood and this one is the present. I mean, this is the plot right after Yojun cancelled his wedding with Dujun.

I need to write it fast and I know I shouldnt do this. I need to go back to my study this soon, so I'm sorry for this crap story.. I really am 

 

 

 

 

 

 

New York, 2013

 

A young man awakes drastically, his face, his forehead are all sweating and his eyeballs bewilder furiously. Fast yet weak the young man’s hand tries to reach the bed lamp, switches it on and he looks around him.

It was already passing midnight and the young man softly lets out the messy sighs, hands rubbing his fretting and sweating face as he evenly persuading himself to calm his furious heartbeats from killing him.

He pants for air and that resulting a warm and concern pair of hands to caress his up and down chest.

Lee Kikwang soothes his best friend as best as he can, hands are still rubbing and embracing the young man, promising to himself not to leave him before his terrified friend has cooled down. He is still there hushing as soft as he can.

 

“Are you okay?”

Kikwang’s hands are now slowly patting the young man’s back and stop once Yoseob assuring him with a weak smile that he is all fine. The terrified man slowly gains his normal breathes back, thanking the other hand for helping him.

 

“Having nightmare?”

Yoseob nods and inhales. He rubs his face, flips his messy hair once again, and turns to the desk besides the bed, eyes glancing over the clock to acknowledge it is three in morning. He turns to Kikwang and feels a bit of guilty for having him to awake just to comfort him, like the other nights before.

“You’re still bothering with the seizure happened on you, don’t you?” Yoseob forced a smile but that couldn’t appeal the young man’s heart.

“You’re thinking about Dujun hyung these days, right? Seob, listen…I knew that you’re pressuring yourself with what happened on Yojun and your family.”

The now fully calmed young man stares his best friend.

“Yojun knew what he did. He knew what he should and should not do. He-“

“-but he shouldn’t cancel his own wedding. He, Yojunah loves Hyung Kikwang-ah. I knew since the day hyung came to our house. They’re close to each other but how could he canceled the wed-“

“and let you to be suffered and live with a painful heart? To let you carry on your life like a loser?!”

“still, he shouldn’t do that.”

“Yoseobah,”

“-kikwang-ah,” Yoseob sighs and he squeezes the boy’s hand. he caresses the hands.” just drop this… I’m sorry for waking you up. Let’s back to sleep?” he stares more the boy and immediately cuts the boy as he realizes he isn’t decide to let the subject off. Yoseob palms his best friend’s mouth and giggles when Kikwang struggles for a release.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoseob’s pov

 

 

Having that nightmare on and on, repeatedly every night made me pitied of myself. I couldn’t believe that my mind is still repeating those cruel and vindictive deeds on me. the news of Yojun canceled the wedding did surprised me to death. If I could return to the day, I wont let him do that. I won’t let him because Hyung is more suitable with Yojun. I won’t let him because I know how much Yojun loves and adores Dujun hyung.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yoseobahhh! Yah Yoseobah!! Umma!!!”

A loud shriek and shout echoed the place but his voice is nowhere to hear. Umma and Appa weren’t home and Hyung left us- he went to his family, his real family three days ago.

Yojun is still shouting for helps but the men begin to get him, beat, and kick him up as if they are playing with a ball. My heart clenches and it’s hurting me.

I watch how spiteful they are- they continue to kick, beat Yojun up, pound his small body, punch Yojun’s midsection and head. I tried to escape, I did. I elbow the men that hold me tight, I bite the hands that tighten me up but Yojun was already pants and gasps for a mercy.

I yell his name.

“Yojunah…Yojunah!! S-stop…please?!!” but the men are still beating him up.

I almost faint out. I barely recognize Yojun’s face anymore. The blood…the bruises,

 

“-p..please…” I know it is useless but I would still beg and plea these men. Yojun…Yojun is almost dead!! Dear God, please..

“Please…Take me, take me and leave my dongsaeng!!” I yell for the last trial and they did, they left my dongsaeng beside and dragged me into the van.

 

 

                                                                 *************************

No one’s pov

 

 

 

Lee Kikwang came approaching the young man from his left side, watched how immersed the young man was with his own thoughts- maybe problems sitting on the chair. Kikwang stares his best pal for a while, lips slowly curl into a warm and loving smile as he takes the seat on the other chair next to Yoseob’s.

His hands snake on Yoseob’s tight and does his eyes. He stares intensely the young man because his friend isn’t there, Yoseob’s mind is absence as the young man doesn’t react to Kikwang’s touches.

 

 

“I was told that he adores this one.”

“this…one? Not the one that we left?”

“-if he did, we shouldn’t leave the almost-died kid. We’re hired to ‘give’ Young Master a lesson, didn’t we?”

The men chats amongst them while monitoring on a tight-tied bloody kid on the chair, eyes blindfolded that passed out since the last time they abused him. His breathes become soft and weak but that wasn’t the reason- at least not the main explanation for the men to stop abusing and exploitation the kid.

It just… it’s not that amusing and interesting to exploit the boy when he passed out- they couldn’t hear and watch him to cry and plea for a mercy.

 

 

 

 

 

“-seobah. Yoseobah.” Patting his best friend’s tight, Kikwang calls the name for seconds before the young man turns his head to the one that pulled him out from his fright memories. Yoseob smiles and clears his throat.

“Is it hurt?”

Yoseob tilts his head a bit, eyebrows raise.” Here, does it hurt?” the two best friend stare each other and the eye-smile boy gingerly rubs against Yoseob’s chest. He softly jabs Yoseob’s clothed chest and places his hand on it.” This golden heart, it in pains, doesn’t it? It hurts yourself.”

The cute and adorable young man chuckles and holds the hand. He squeezes it lightly.” It is, it’s killing me.”

“Seobah,”

Yoseob quickly pulls Kikwang’s hand off from his chest and holds it. He caresses the hand and pats it. Yoseob knew what his best friend would say and if he could, if it is possible, he won’t hear the words right now. not on the moment.

 

He knew he has put Kikwang many times in these such situations, he knew he has been troublesome for his best friend and his family, he knew that he has to face the reality but they were too much on him. he couldn’t stand alone by his own when it came about his feelings toward the man which is ten-years-older than him. he couldn’t be that valiant when he knew his other heart is loving the same man.

 

“so,”

The explicable friend cools the tense as soon as he realizes Yoseob’s sad face with his eye smile. The young man ruffles his friend’s hair and asks the question that has been living in his lumped throat.

 

“Appa and Eomma bought the tickets already.” Kikwang forces a smile.

“we will leave a day after we graduated. Is it okay?”

 

 

 

                                                             *********************************