03

I Fall In Love With A Mute

 

 

 

 

Dujun’s pov

 

I lay him down on his bed or Yojun’s since I do not know which one is his-and it’s not that matter if I put him on the wrong- they’re twin and immediately grab a small towel that hangs not far from the bed. I turn just to check on that kid and he is sweating a lot.

Geez. This doesn’t look good.

“Yoseobah,” I approach him closer on the bed and squat. I caress his hair.”-hyung is going to get something for you, hmm?” his eyes slowly rake on me and his tiny hand slowly grips mine. He seems doesn’t want to let me go.

“see, hyung won’t leave you, it’s only just a minute. I’ll come back to get you, hmm? Now let me-“ yet he is still griping the edge of my fingers, eyes getting teary. Sigh. What should I do? I have no experience on treating a sick little boy.

“Yoseobah,”

“…”

 

“See,” I know this will happen. Every kid would acts likes this and I didn’t expect him to let me go easily. I sigh softly and inhale, ready for the next words when this kid surprised me.

“D-Don’t take it too long…” rather than whining or cringing more onto me, this boy forces a weak and pale smile. Yoseob slowly lets go my fingers and shuts his eyes. He slowly pants.”J-Just bring me the pills that eomma always give us whenever we’re sick,”

“P-pills? You mean, panadol?” still do not believe with this kid’s brawny, I stand there, watching his small figure lying on the bed. Yoseobah feebly chuckles.” Aayy, j..ust get me the pills hyung…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I put the damp towel onto his forehead and having another one in my hand, wipe his burning face and arms. This kid hisses and winces every time the freezing feels make contacts to his body yet he is still behaving as if he is okay- like an adult not as a little kid.

 

Unconsciously, I curve my lips and caress his hair. This kid is something. I never adore a boy…and a kid before but this Yang Yoseob can exclude from it. I can’t deny the fact he make me admire of his image.

 

End.

 

 

 

No one’s pov

 

 

 

Yojun and yoseob are preparing themselves to the school and they are- only Yojun- yelling and complaining how late they will be. The twin has been late for the school and now their eomma joins the boys.

“Yah! Eomma told you to get into your beds earlier! What are you doing last night?!” the housewife has her hands on her waist as soon as she passes the lunchboxes to the boys each. Both yojun and yoseob are busing wearing their shoes and they have no time to defense themselves.

“I’m going eomma,” the polite Yoseob bows a little and steps closer, gives his eomma a brief hug and smiles. He grabs his beg and lunchbox, legs quickly head to the door, which is follows by Yojun in next minutes. The twin tries to catch up his brother and they both walk to the school in a pace that no one’s will know.

 

 

Yojun as always is busies with his gang and some girl students from the next classes for his recess time while Yoseob is sending back the books he borrowed from the school’s library. It’s true that people may find him lackluster and monstrous but he loves to spend his times in library. At least, his place loves him too.

 

“ayy, another uninteresting day to spend?”

Yoseob beams and taps the wooden floor next to him, inviting the boy to join and sit beside him. He has books, new books to read and he is reading one.

“Get rid of that thing from me. yah, spend your time with me, lee Kikwang.” The boy in his school uniform sighs and slowly approaches the nerdy. He stares the one for minutes with hands in his pockets, slightly biting his lower lips and wrinkle eyebrows.

He finally gives up.

“Get up, we will leave,” kikwang says and demands yet there’s no answer or compulsion that he should get from the boy, so that he tries once again- and the response and answer is still as same as before. Kikwang tsk-ed.

 

“I told you I won’t leave my place. it’s freezing yet comfortable here. I don’t want to go anywhere until recess is gone.”

Lee kikwang hisses.

“Yah,”

“Ssshh…You will disturb others,”

“Yoseobah,”

“-or Mrs.Oh will get you for-“

“Yang Yoseobah! Can’t you complied me anyway?!” it’s not that loud and the boy doesn’t have the intention to yell or shout but since it was the quietest and soundless place in the universe, the one that Yoseob had mentioned came in rush, hands around her waist and eyes that seem will pop out in no time.

She stares intensely the boys.

“I see that you knew very well our place, Mr.Yang as I have seen you a lot in here and I know you wont cause any problems for our mighty place in our school and you Mr.Lee, I don’t think that I have seen you around and I don’t think either that you have see  and read the-“

“S-Saem!! Oh..saem,”

 

He knows that the teacher loves to speak that fast and in nonsense talk, or not really but with repeating words and he knows now how and why the students and some of the teachers call her as ‘slit-mouthed’ teacher.

She never feels tire to talk that fast and that…much.

“I’m sorry on his behalf. He’s new. I hope you won’t mind?”

The lady with a neat bun stares the talking one. She raises one of her eyebrows.” I hope you won’t mind of him…”

“I won’t… but,”

“Then, oh-saem…kamsahabnida,” the boy collects the books, quick and neatly gets up from sitting on the floor between the book shelters  and grabs his best friend’s wrist. He smiles, not forget to add his hidden aegyo for the teacher. His dimples shown, making the ‘slit-mouthed’ teacher stares in amused and awe for that God gift.

“yah lee kikwang, thanks and bows to her,” yoseob mouths the words.” Now,” and glares when his friend refused to obey him.

 

 

End.

 

 

 

Yoseob’s pov

 

 

I have no extra class for the day but Yojun does as his English test was something awful-according to our teacher so that he asked me to go home by myself. He told me it would be a waste of time to kill my precious gold waiting for him whereas I could do many things within the period. So, following my good dongsaeng’s advice, I went home-just to know that there’s no one and there’s a note left by eomma and Dujun hyung.

 

Geez. Are they having fun together out there? they always leave us. They never bring us, me and Yojun when they’re outside. Now I’m thinking if they did do something behind us…and behind appa…

 

But then I giggle.

“You must be out of your mind, Yoseobah…” I put back the note and laugh more.” People always saying reading many books will make your mind moves, and it did. My brain must be moved to be thinking like that,”

 

“and I must be crazy to think Dujun hyung likes me because of the stares ,” I state and approach the fridge. Yeah, I must be crazy for thinking that.

 

 

 

                                                 ********************************

 

 

 

 

 

I twist the tap and quickly get my evening bath. It’s damn ..i mean, it’s good…it’s freshen and I’m enjoy my bath until a sense hits my good brain.

 

‘eomma and Dujun hyung is going outside. I don’t think either you or you are going home before we did but yeah, I left a note…just in case… you wont read this note but then, eomma will lock the door, unless you asked the key from Mrs Im our neighbor therefore you will see this note. Ke ke eke..’  

 

 

Okay. They out. Eomma locked the door. I didn’t ask any key from Mrs. Im because the door is….before I could think and summon all of those suspicious things in mind, a loud noise comes from the outside, sending me millions of electric shocks into my spine.

 

God, please do not tell me there’s someone inside of the house. The door is unlocked but why the hell eomma said she locked it?!