My stepbrother.

If it's you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s him.But his eyes looks something different than before.Why his eyes full of sorrowful?He looks so fragile right in front of me.Fear had hunt him down deeply.He doesn’t look as bright as before now.The tragic had really given him a big shock.I can’t bear to see him like that.I want the old Choi Jong Hyun back.

“Changhyun-ah,don’t just stand still there,Welcome our new family member,”omma uttered with JongHyun stand next to her.Ever since he step in,I never see him smile or lift up his head yet.He just lingering his fingers and looking down.I can’t bear my best friend to be like that,I have to do something.I reached my my hand towards him and grab a cold hand,his hand felt so cold and trembling as well, this is awful,the fear really hunt him down deeply.No,I can’t just leave him like that.

“JongHyun-ah,welcome to be part of us,I’m sure we will get along very well just like before,or maybe even closer than before since we live together now,”I welcomed him warmly,I want to heat up that coldness in him,”We can play along together,prank my hyung together and do everything together,I’m sure it will be fun,”I attempt to cheer him up,it’s hard to bear to see this pitiful JongHyun’s side.I want the happy,cheerful and boisterous JongHyun back who always by my side and protect me from any harmful and bullies.

“Now,let’s go,”I grabbed his hand and bring him along to my room to show him around.

“Ah,ChangHyun-ah,bring his luggage along with you too.You two will be sleep in one room,”omma point at the luggage which she brings along with JongHyun.”Wait here,”I told him,we’re just about to walk upstairs before omma stop us and I return to bring those luggage to my room together.

“Make sure you boys don’t mess up the room.I just clean up your mess yesterday,”omma warned because yesterday I messed up the room again after playing the toys,”Ne,”I scratch my head feeling guilty,omma tapped my head,”Now,go upstairs and get along well with JongHyun,omma will call you two down when the lunch is ready,”I lift up the luggage,it isn’t too heavy,just moderate and leave,”Ne,omma.”

“Let’s go now,”JongHyun just stay still in the middle of the stairs and wait until I get his luggage,he still stay quiet and down.This isn’t have to blame him because the tragic had just appear too sudden,it’s not to blame for him to be like that.He followed up me to my room.

“Tadaa~”I open the door and welcome JongHyunt o my room,”Welcome to my territory.Just make yourself comfortable like usually,”I walk in with carrying the luggage together followed by JongHyun who walk in lifelessly unlike usual,when he came over to my house to play,he always so excited and hyperactive,leaping around there and on my bed,playing with my toys and also will plan something fun to prank my hyung.However,today,he isn’t in that mood at all,he just walk in lifelessly and sit at the corner of my room with hugging his knee and lift down his head against his knee.This is a heart throbbing scene,it’s bitter to see my best friend to be like that.

I placed over his luggage on the other side and took one of the toys he used to like to play with,”Let’s play this together,”I proceed my way towards him.He finally respond,he lift up his head,that eyes are no longer warm,it’s felt so cold and lifeless,he lift up his hand to the toys and slapped it away emotionaless.That toys it’s always his favourite,he even ask me to give him to him but I don’t because if he want to play then he have to come over to my house.Under circumstances, he just slapped it away and the toys just crash into two part.

“Hey1Why did you do that?”I yell out,I couldn’t control myself to be in bad tempered because he just destroy his own favourite toys which I always treasure it for him.He lift his head down again and didn’t answer my question and back to his before position.

“Yah,JongHyun-ah,don’t be like that anymore!”I can’t stand it,I rise up by pullinghim up as well,”JongHyun-ah,Jonghyun-ah!”I keep on pulled him up but he just like a stone sitting there without moving.”Yah!JongHyun-ah,Mr and Mrs Choi wouldn’t want to see you like this as well!”I hit his weak point.

“SHUT UP!WHAT DID YOU KNOW!LOSING YOUR BELOVED ONE IS SO HURT!EVEN YUMI NOONA ALSO LEAVE ME !SHE SHOULD BE SAVE BY THE DOCTOR BUT..BUT..”he rise up and yell loudly at me,my eyes widened up,his looks so miserable,tears start to flowing down through his cheek when he talks about his noona,”Why why?Noona should be live and not leave me,doctor said she could live.It’s just a slightly injure on her in the accident but why?why is this happen?Even my last beloved person also have to taken away from me?”he drop down to the ground and pull his knee together,wrapping around and start to cried.It’s heart throbbing to see him cry,he always tell me not to cry for small matter when I get bullied but now he is crying,this is the first time I see him cry badly.

I reach out my hand and caressed him to make him felt better,”Don’t touch me!”he turn down me by words,he doesn’t lift up his crying face at me,I just continue cares him,”You still have me,Yeongjin hyung ,omma and appa.We will all treat you like part of us.We all will stand by your side,”I persuade him to make him felt better.The sobbing isn’t as loud as just now,his body isn’t trembling much anymore.He finally felt better now.But –

“ChangHyun-ah!Stop playing with JongHyun,lunch is ready,come down for lunch!”omma shouted out from downstairs,I throw my arms around JongHyun’s shoulder and held him up to walk together downstairs.”Let’s go to eat now,”he nodded,he finally respond after all.

“Here,this is for you JongHyun,”omma slide down a plate of bulgogi fried rice on her hand for JongHyun and the same for me.

“Omma’s cooking is really good.You have to try it!”I said and can’t wait to tucked in my favourite bulgogi fried rice.I scoop one of it and eat it greedily.

“Yah,ChangHyun-ah,watch yourself,You will be choke if you eat greedily like that.How many time omma told you for table manners,”omma sart to nag again.But the temptation of bulgogi fried rice is too seducing,I can’t control but just tuck in greedily.I just could nod for omma.”Aish,this kid,”omma shook his head to see me having no table manners at all when it comes to food.What to do?The food just too tempting that I just lose my sense when I see it.

“Jonghyun-ah,why aren’t you eating?Is it eomoni’s cooking doesn’t fit your taste buds?”omma turned to JongHyun next to me,he doesn’t yet tuck in to his food.He just took the spoon and get numb by looking at the food.

“Omma,always so good in fried rice as well.I miss omma’s cooking,”JongHyun split out misery when speak of his omma.

“ Eomoni will get you something else if you don’t felt to like this,”omma about to took the plate of rice from him before he stop her.

“No,it’s alright,eomoni.I would like to eat this,”he start to tuck in to the fried rice and scoop one by one into his mouth,tears also start to flowing down,”This is just so delicious,It’s remind me of omma’s cooking,”he sound so miserable when eating.Omma and I have an eye contact,we both felt so pity for JongHyun to lose his family in a young age.If I was in his place,I will be more miserable or maybe even can’t live anymore in this world if I lose my omma,appa and hyung.

“Omma,let me help you for the dishes,”we had done our lunch,JongHyun did finish all his food without anything leave on the plate.

“No,omma will do it myself,”omma took the dishes I gathered from me and bend down whispered into my ears,”You go look after JongHyun,he need a lot of people love and care right now.”I nodded and approaching to JongHyun who still sitting numbly on the dining table and back to the quiet him again.

“Let’s go watch TV,”I grabbed his wrist and pull him along to the living room and switch on the TV to watch our favourite cartoon.”Sit here,I will bring something for us to enjoy while watching TV,”I rush towards the cabinet where we put snacks and junk foods.I seeking around the snacks omma bought yesterday to give JongHyun to try,maybe sweets will help him out to be a little happier than right now.

“Here,lollipop,”I handed the lollipop omma bought yesterday in amusement park,it’s as big as my palm,and colourful as well.I had hide it in case YeongJin hyung will eat mine because is the only one omma bought.I don’t want hyung to have it but this is for JongHyun who is misery right now,so it’s alright to let him have it.

He shook his head,resist to take it until I force him to,”No,take it,sweets will make you happier,”I forced him to hold it and smiled while placed down the snacks I bring out from the cabinet.He just take it by forcing and tuck in.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter