08: First 'In-Like'

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8:

 

 

 

Thump.. thump.. thump..thump..thump..thump..thump

 

That ladies and girls is the sound of my stupid malfunctioning heart angrily ramming against my chest in the speed of approximately 200kmph.

 

What’s causing this erratic behavior of my heart? .. Well, let just say I’m walking on the side of the street with a boy under the name Kwon Jiyong silently walking beside me while our hands is still intertwined inside his jacket’s right hand pocket

 

Since the bus ride awhile ago, would you believe that we haven’t exchange a single word to each other? Yes, he didn’t even gave me a chance to pull away my hands even after getting off the bus, though I find it unfamiliarly sweet but during those span of time until now he’s been totally silent the whole freaking time. And it’s driving me crazy!

 

Do I need to say something? Or should I open a conversation? Should we talk about the weather or why North and South Korea is still not in good terms? … Or …should I just ask what the fudge is he doing holding my hands and since I’m already at it, maybe I should also ask him why the hell my heart is going ballistic right now. Should I? or maybe I can—

 

“We’re here” Jiyong suddenly said cutting off my train of crazy thoughts.

 

He stops walking. But again, he didn’t let my hand go

.

I noticed my house dimly lit a few meters ahead of us. Few government light post give little to no help on providing visibility underneath the dark night sky. For the very first time I'm thankful on how dark our street was since it helps conceal the pale skin, trembling lips and imaginary bead of sweats on my forehead. Yep.. 'imaginary' since if it weren’t for the cold autumn breeze I'm pretty sure I would've been bathing in sweat right now.

 

"Dara?" I heard him speak again. Halleluiah!! He's now talking to me!!

 

"Hmm?" I asked as my heart started to go to overdrive. Is this even normal?

 

"Why did you call last night?"

 

"Umm... to say sorry" I meekly said.

 

Thump.thump.thump.thump.

 

I felt my heart, again, pounding in an unbelievable speed against my chest.

 

"sorry for what?" he asked.

 

We were now standing face to face and yes, our hands still inside his warm pocket. If anyone could see us right now, they would think we're a couple. And, for the very first time, an unusual thought linger in my head.

 

What if we're really a couple? . . . . very funny..   erase.. Erase..  But again… what if?

 

"Hey.. You’re sorry for what Dara? You haven't done anything." Jiyong said.

 

Then why did you became so cold for the past few days you stupid gorilla!!!

 

"I don't know, I thought I've done something wrong, that's why you've been avoiding me." I suddenly found myself answered carefully and making sure I've used the right words, though it was pretty tempting to say my initial thoughts.

 

"Hey... you've got nothing to be sorry about that.." He said as he glances down and pulled our entwined hands out of his pocket.

 

He gently reached his free hand and held mine with both his warm hands. I felt him gently caressed mine with his thumb, making tingling sensation run through my skin.

 

I was already mentally panicking, my brain telling me to run as fast as I can and I hide under the comfort of my bed. I tried hard to recall Bom’s nonstop lecture about boys and how to react in this kind of situations. But somehow my brain is all whacked up.

 

"I'm sorry Dara... I tried...I tried ignoring this. I know you like somebody else that was why I was willing to be just your friend. ... But I can't.." He softly said as he squeeze my hand and slowly glance up to meet my eyes.  "You may hate me for saying this, but... the moment you opened that door at Teddy's house and greeted me with that stunned face of yours, I knew I had it bad..” He weakly smiled.

 

.. Is he thinking what I’m thinking right now? NO…. it can’t be. but why. naahh.. this is impossible.. Kwon Jiyong is--

 

“I'm inlove with you." he finished my thoughts.

 

 

 

..

 

 

 

..

 

 

 

I'm inlove with you...

 

I'm inlove with you..

 

inlove with you.

 

inlove.

 

Jiyong's word kept repeating inside my head. In love. how can he be in love with me? I’m boyish, I don’t wear make-up, and most importantly I’m not that pretty. Alright, so it’s a fact that a boy like kwon jiyong would certainly like a girl. But..me? Am I dreaming?

 

“yah!, you’ve been day dreaming since first period. What’s wrong with you?” Bom asked beside me as we walk along the school hall towards the cafeteria

 

It was just last night that Jiyong decided it’s nice to freak me out by saying he’s in love with me. After telling me those 4 wonderful words my mind went blank… totally blank. I think I made a fool of myself by just staring at him.. There he was, confessing his feelings and the girl in front of him just stared at him like he’s an alien or something.

 

“I think unnie, is in love.” I hear Minzy giggled and I hastily looked at her.

 

“what? in love??” I asked a little freaked out. Since when did Minzy learn to read minds?

 

“Omo! Why are you blushing??” CL shrieked as she stood in front of me, making me stop on my tracks.

 

These girls are really something. Why am I friends with them again?

 

“Tsk! I am not!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter