04: First Invitation

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: First ‘Invitation

 

“Dara-ah.. Cmon. Please?? Pretty please?” Bom whined while she grabs my arm. This is now her nth time begging me  to tag along on her supposedly first date with a certain guy call T.O.P.

 

“Bom.. I repeat.. No.” I coldly said. Like for real? I know I’ll do anything for her, but being a third wheel? Not in my wildest dream.

 

“Ask CL and Minzy, I’m sure they’re more than willing to die out of boredom while you and that T.O.P. guy cosily snuggle with each other inside a movie house.” I sarcastically said.

 

Bom pouted as she slump back on her seat. 

 

“Unnie, why will you bring Dara-unnie on your first date anyways?  A date should be shared between two people who have mutual feelings for each other. And that exclude someone, like Dara unnie. She’ll just die out of boredom.” CL butted in.

 

“Yes, unless…” Minzy thoughtfully said.

 

“Unless what?” Bom excitedly straightened from her seat, anticipating Minzy’s next words.

 

I looked at Minzy puzzled. What is she up to?

 

“Unless, you bring another guy to be Dara-unnie’s date. In that case, you have a double date! Problem solved.” Minzy clapped her hands.

 

“That’s a great idea Mingki-ah!” Bom happily said and turned to me.

 

“WHAT??No. NO. No. and NO!!” I sternly object. “Honestly guys, as much as I want to go on a date. Where will I find a guy who is willing to date someone like me?”

 

“Hmmm.. you got a point.” CL said.

 

“How about Donghae?” Minzy asked.

 

“Donghae-oppa? Minzy! He has a girlfriend! And he will NOT, never ever, want to go on a date with me.” I said to her. I really don’t like where this conversation is leading to.

 

“I got an idea! How about Jiyong?” Bom asked.

 

I snap my head towards her. Like seriously? “Bom!! Jiyong would never go out with me. Our relationship is purely based on friendship. He’s more like a big brother to me and I’m more like a little sister to her. Period. And besides, It’s going to be awkward.”

 

“Oh c’mon ssantoki!! Just this once? I promise I’ll never ask a huge favour like this one ever again.” Bom is back to begging me again.

 

Uggh. I closed my eyes and banged my forehead on my desk. What am I suppose to do?

 

“Ssantoki… please? C’mon.. please??” Bom continued begging me.

 

“Arasso!! I’ll try to ask him. But I can’t promise anything. Ok??” I said. What have I gotten myself into?

 

..

 

 

Ever since me and Jiyong started talking over the phone and exchanging text messages. We hadn’t had a chance to see or meet with each other. He never even asked me once. And I think, we never really needed to anyways. We were quite contented on what we got. We never complained. So, imagine my little dilemma. How am I suppose to ask Jiyong to go with me to accompany Bom on her first date. Aaargh! This is harder than my algebra exams.

 

I paced around my room, glancing once in awhile at the clock. Jiyong’s gonna call any minute now. And I still don’t know how to tell him. Should I just blurt out ‘hey Jiyong, want to go out this weekend and watch a movie with Bom and his boyfriend?’ or rather. “Hey Jiyong, Bom asked me a favour to accompany her on her first date, want to tag along?” or better yet. “Jiyong, want to watch a movie this weekend with me?”  AAARGH!!! I ruffled my hair frustratedly. Bom I’m sooo gonna kill you!!!

 

Suddenly my phone rang. I stood frozen for awhile while staring at the phone. “ottoke.” I muttered.

 

I hesitantly grab the receiver and held it against my ear. “yeobseyo?”

 

“Dara-ah..it’s me.”

 

I furrowed my brow. Well this is new. “Oh Donghae-oppa, what’s wrong? Why’d you call?” I asked dumbfounded. He sounded a little bit sad.

 

“Can I come over tonight?” he said unsure.

 

“Ummm.. ok.” I said before I heard him hang up the phone.

 

I slowly replaced the receiver on the phone. Donghae’s coming over? To my house? This time of night? Ok. Hold yourself together Dara, maybe he’s just having some problems with his studies and he wants you to tutor him. Yes, maybe that’s it. It’s been awhile since Donghae visited me, ever since he got a girlfriend and well, ever since we grew apart. So, you can’t blame my shock face right now.

 

10 minutes later I found myself sitting in front of our porch with Donghae sitting beside me. I should be jumping in joy right now right? Well, I can’t. Especially when the one beside me is crying his eyes out. Unfortunately, he found his girlfriend cheating on him. And he doesn’t want to let the girl go. C’mon, I don’t have much experience on the lov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter