10: First Misunderstanding

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10:

 

 

 

 

 

Days turns to weeks and weeks turns to months.. Without us knowing, we suddenly find ourselves excited for summer. Yep, there’s barely a month left for us to finish all required papers, projects and exams until Junior high ends.

 

So just imagine how insanely busy I was, and I’m not even in my senior year. I cringed just by the thought that a year from now, these never ending school tasks and activities is going to be twice as hard. But for now, I need to finish what’s on my plate.

 

“Dara!” I heard someone yelled my name as I was hurrying pass the corridor with a foot high of folders on my arms. I’m suppose to submit the class’ reports before the day ends. My classmates’ future is literally in my hands.

 

I stopped on my tracks and glance back only to see Bom sprinting her way towards me.

 

“I forgot to give you mine.” Bom panted and laid her folder ontop.

 

“Aigoo.. Bommie-ah, you know this makes up 80% of our grade” I scolded her.

 

“Biyan!” She cheekily said. “By the way, we scheduled a group study at Chaerin’s place later. You know, we definitely need your help since we planned to review on Math and History tonight. And you know how we at both those subjects.”

 

“Sure, I’ll go over there right after dinner.” I promised.

 

After finishing whatever I could manage at school, I hurriedly left for home. You may wonder what Jiyong and I are up to for the past few months. Well, we’re happy. Contentedly happy.

 

Jiyong is still the Jiyong I met 8 months ago. The only difference is not only does he call me everyday, he would pick me up at school every chance he get.  I’m not complaining or anything, who wouldn’t be? right? I could save my bus fare and I could spend some time with him.

 

 

However, this week, we barely see each other. Given that we’re both busy at school. I could only imagine how hard it is in college. I’m dying just by merely completing high school, how much more college, right? So, being a good girlfriend, I didn’t complain. It’s gonna be over in a month anyways with summer fast approaching.

 

“Oppa, I’m gonna be spending the night at Chaerin since we’re going to have group study in Math.” I said on my phone as I busily pack my 2 inch hardbound book and couple of notebook inside my bag.

 

“Sincha? You want me to go over there?” Jiyong asked on the other line.

 

“Ani, kwenchana. Besides, we’re so gonna be busy studying that I wouldn’t be able to notice you.”

 

“Really now? How can you ignore this pretty face, huh?” He playfully joked.

 

I smiled as I zip close my bag and slung it over my shoulder. “Oppa, I know how pretty that is. That’s why I need you to stay away from Chaerin’s house for at least 10meteres away so I could concentrate. Arasso?” I decided to ride his jokes.

He chuckled on the other line. “Arasso. Just call me if you need some midnight snacks then. Ok? You know, I deliver 24 hours just for you.”

 

I let out a soft chuckle. “Arasso. I’ll keep that in mind.”

 

“By the way, don’t forget our date tomorrow, ok? I’ll pick you up around 4pm at your house.”

 

 

 “Arasso. See you tomorrow.”

 

“Bye, Dara.”

 

 

I smiled as I sprint out of my room and down the stairs. “Mom! I’m leaving!” I hollered not waiting for any response. Dad and Sanghyun was out somewhere, having their father and son moments. Dami is busy studying inside her room and my mom’s busy washing the dishes.

 

Before I could step outside I heard call my mom called out. “Dara, wait!”

 

A spun around and saw her emerge from the kitchen with a towel on her hand. “How are you going to get to Chaerin’s house?” she asked worriedly.

 

“I’m gonna take the bus. Besides, I’ve been there too many times.”
 

“Jiyong’s not giving you a ride?” She asked.

 

Mom knew my relationship with Jiyong. In fact, we were barely 2 months in the relationship when my mom accidentally read my diary. It was actually my fault, really, I forgot to hide it away after writing on it and I came home one day with my mom waiting in my room with my diary open in her hands.

 

Right then and there, I immediately cursed Bom for convincing me to make a stupid diary. She told me it’s a ‘great’ idea to make one since I now have a boyfriend. I mentally note not to ALWAYS listen to Bom if I could.

 

So, being caught red handed, I was left with no choice but to tell mom about Jiyong. She was silent the whole time I was telling her the whole story and telling her how I found out I was indeed in-like with this boy.

 

I was ready to cry, even bawl myself to death if my mom decided to break us off. But I was caught off guard when she finally asked. “Are you happy with him?”

 

I was stunned. The only response I could do was to nod my head.

 

She only made me promise to make sure I’ll maintain my grades until I graduate. How hard can it be? Besides, I’m a geek at heart. I’m sure I can handle both Jiyong and studies at the same time.

 

I never thought my mother’s going to be my ally, in fact, I grew closer to my mom because of Jiyong. Whenever I get confused or worried about something, I would willingly run to my mom and spill everything on her. Sometimes she’s a better option compared to Bom. Not that I don’t trust Bom, it’s just that Mom has a lot of experience with regards to the heart. And seeing her relationship with Dad, is enough reason to trust her. Don’t you think?

 

..

 

 

 

 “X squared minus Y equals square root of X. What’s the value of X?” I read from the book.

 

 

“X?” Chaerin mumbled while scribbling something on her pad.

 

I glance at Minzy and Bom who was busy reading their History book on the other side of the room.

 

It’s been only an hour since I arrived at Chaerin’s place, keeping our heads buried with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter