CHAPTER 002

There is no HAPPY ENDING

It was past 3 in the afternoon when Sora and Nam Gyu’s class ended. Since it’s the first day of school, they were dismissed earlier, except for Nam Gyu.  She was asked to go to the theater and arts office. While packing her things up lazily, her best friend approach her.

 

“I smell a new musical~” She tease to which the other girl let out a heavy sigh. “Aren’t you happy? This is the first time you are acting like that when it comes to musical.” Sora added. Swinging her bad to her shoulder she went out of the classroom. Making Sora confused. “Hey what is the matter? Problems?” Knowing her best friend too much, Nam Gyu nodded. “Let’s get first to the cafeteria before we go home.” Nam Gyu said lifeless.

 

Walking their way through the cafeteria, there are some strange and uncomfortable glances at the two girls. “What’s with the stares huh?” Sora said mockingly as she raises her one eyebrow. “Now we are here, tell me what it is. But before that, let me buy us some snacks, I’m a bit hungry too. I’m craving too.”  Sora joked that made Nam Gyu shook her head while smiling.

 

While Nam Gyu is waiting for her best friend, she took out her phone from her bag and texted his older brother.

To: Oppa~^^

Oppa, what time will your class end?

 

“Who are you texting to?” Sora asked as she places the tray of foods in front of her. “Who do you think? You know that I only use my phone to text you guys and nothing else. I only have less than 15 contacts on my phone.” Reaching for the sandwich that her friend ordered for her. “I didn’t even get the right answer for my question seriously.” Staring at her best friend blankly. “It’s oppa.” Nam Gyu answered as she bites her sandwich. “You have two oppa Kim Nam Gyu.” Sora stated a fact. “My biological oppa Lee Sora.” “Whatever. Now tell me. What’s with your sulky face a while ago.” Sora started the conversation about Nam Gyu’s lifeless mood.

 

“There is a new musical coming up this mid of school year.”  Nam Gyu as if she wasn’t excited about it. Looking at Sora who is staring at her with a face continue-i-will-listen look. Nam Gyu sighs before she continued. “You know my one and only rival at the musical right? Well, she made a scene a while ago at the office while we are discussing about the upcoming musical.” Sora’s eyes went wide. Tilting her head a little with not an amused face. “She’s sure doesn’t have a breeding.” Sora said disgustingly.

 

“She said why it’s always me as the main actress and her, always the supporting actress/villain. She said too that, there is a favoritism running in the club especially to Mr. Park and Mrs. Song because they are the ones who handle the musical every year. I won’t mention anymore about some bad things she said.” Nam Gyu said rolling her eyes as she remembered the scene happened a while ago.

 

Flasback

 

“Don’t you want to do some auditions for the main actress? I mean, why it has to be Kim Nam Gyu all the time? Don’t you think the viewers already had enough of her face?” Jul Ri mockingly said while piercing a glare at Nam Gyu.

 

“To the last sentence you said Ms. Kang, the reason we chose Ms. Kim again for spot of the main actress is that, your fellow students in this school loves her acting and voice so much. And that’s also our answer to your first question.” Mr. Park said calmly.

 

“This is so unfair. Favoritism is so obvious in here.” Jul Ri scoffed as she sat again. “There is no favoritism here Ms. Kang.” Mrs. Song immediately defense. “It’s just that, mostly of the students wants to see Ms. Kim’s acting on stage again.” She added.

 

“We will deal again about this next week. We will give your roles and the scripts too. We will have an early practice for this stage because some students from Seoul University. Dismiss.” Mr. Park said with a pissed off tone on his voice.

 

When the teachers are all out, Jul Ri made her way to Nam Gyu, pushing her hardly to face her.

 

“You!” Pointing a finger at Nam Gyu that made the girl shock. “Just because you are a scholar and loved by all the students here, you can do what you want. Just because your brother is a very good student before here you get those things you want! You’re such a pity. Oh maybe, the reason why Mr. Park and Mrs. Song chose you as the main actress because the story is about a girl with a happy family. They let you experience to have that. Even it was just for a show.” Smirking devilishly at her, she said.  “Remember, you will regret this and even think of quitting at the club in no time.” Jul Ri said sarcastically and made her way out of the room bumping on her shoulder that made her almost fell on her .

 

“Don’t mind her. She is just jealous because your way better than her.” Her co-actor, Taemin, helped her to cheer up.

 

End of flashback

 

Remembering Jul Ri’s last words echoed in her mind. She was already in the verge of tearing thus, she’s holding it back. Hearing a sniff, Sora stopped ranting and looked at her best friend whose head is down and her hand on her face. “I keep on ranting her and you didn’t even listening to me. Aigoo. Don’t mind that girl. One day she’s gonna receive a huge slap that will distort her ugly face.” Sora comforted her best friend.

 

Though she wants to know what is about, she let it pass since she knows it maybe about her family again. “Hey your phone is ringing.” Sora said and she reaches for her best friend’s phone. “Hey, I won’t walk home with you; I’m going to see my brother. Or you want to come with me?” Nam Gyu asked but Sora shook her head. “Hell no.” Making Nam Gyu laugh.

 

Walking through the gates of their school, Nam Gyu stopped walking when she saw Jul Ri again with her girls. “Where is your best friend Nam Gyu? Oh she must realized that you are not worthy as her friend.” Jul Ri said and laugh with her girls while Nam Gyu stared blankly at her.

 

“Be brave Kim Nam Gyu.” She told to herself.

 

“Sorry, if you just want to humiliate me, then, I’m sorry, I still have errands to do. So please get out of my way.” She said in monotone, when she was about to go, Jul Ri grasped her arm hardly enough to dig her long nails at Nam Gyu. “What do you want!” Nam Gyu bursted.

 

“Woah, getting tough aren’t we?” Jul Ri looked at her and pushed her hard to stumble on the ground. “Know where will you place yourself freak.” She scoffed.

 

“It’s not my business anymore if you are freaking jealous and envy at me. Why don’t you take some lessons out there to improve you rusty acts and singing voice.” Nam Gyu retorted back as she stand up. Making Jul Ri furious.

 

“PATHETIC LOSER!” Jul Ri was about to slap her when a stern voice stop her to do so.

 

“Slap her hard and I will report you to the principal’s office at this moment.” The guy said seriously that made Jul Ri shock. “O-oppa..” Looking back at Nam Gyu,  “We are not yet done.”  She said and walked out.

 

“Jinki oppa, why are you here?” Nam Gyu asked shockingly. The guys smiled at her and said, “I sense that my princess if in danger.” He said playfully that made the girl react violently. “I’m not your princess.” She said. “You just don’t want to be.” He pouted. “Anyways, I will cut that girl into pieces.”

 

 

 

 



N/A: Hooray for Jinki's early appearance! LOL