CHAPTER 001

There is no HAPPY ENDING

My peaceful sleep was interrupted or should I say was cut off when my alarm clock rang so loudly and the fact that the sunrays blinded me. I reached for the alarm clock to shut it off. It’s 6:10 in the morning. I know it’s too early to wake up but I have no choice since my phone, this time, started to ring. Facing the ceiling, I answered the call with a sleepy voice.

 

“I know you’re not yet fully awake but better move your lazy because I’ll be there in 30 minutes.” Sora said as I pick up the phone. “Yea, good morning too girl.” I mocked. “It’s early in the morning and you’re starting to nag me. It’s toooooo early for school!!” I whined but all I heard on the other line was a “tsk” sound.

 

“I’ll bring some food for breakfast okay. Annyeong!” And with that, I started to stand up from my beloved bed to do my routines. Ah yes, that is Sora, my best friend. Since diapers. We treated each other like siblings already since we are both only girl in our family.

 

How to start this.. Uhh.. My parents are separated. I have a sibling but he is older than me. His name is Kim Jonghyun. He’s studying in Seoul University because he is already a college student and his taking up music and arts. So like me, in the future. Because I want to direct my own musical. Heks~  

 

Since my parents are separated, of course, that means my father lives in other house. He lives in Daegu with his new live-in partner while mother lives in Busan. So busy drowning herself in her business. But me and my brother lives here in Seoul. Dad is kindly enough to buy us an apartment to live in. When weekend comes I go to my part time job. While bro is having his 4 times a week. Sometimes, he goes after or before his class.

 

We aren’t poor.. Nor that wealthy.. But we get what our needs are. Only dad spoils us but mom? Never mind. Though, Appa gives us our monthly allowances and so mom, still, me and my brother decided to do some part time jobs. It’s hard to explain why. Sometimes living like this is really fun because no one scolds us when we go home late, friends can freely go to the house and have some sleepover especially when there is a huge project. But the disadvantage is that, I don’t know what it feels to have a movie time with a complete family.

 

 

There was a knock on the door and when I looked at the clock on my wall it says 6:40. Exactly 30 minutes, Sora is here. As usual. I opened the door and she welcomed me with a bright smile on her face a showing the 2 plastic bags of food in her hands.

 

“Aren’t you finish yet? It’s been 30 minutes Gyu.” Sora made her way to the kitchen all by herself. “Oh wait! Is your oppa is here?” Suddenly turning to me with a bewildered expression. “No, he left earlier than I expected.” I said as I dry my hair with the towel. “Oh! Dumplings! Why are you so early today? Class will start at 8:15.”

 

After hearing what I said, she placed a hand on her chest and let out a very relieved sigh. “You know, why you won’t just confess to my oppa that you are interested on him. Maybe he’ll return the same thing.” This girl is head over heels to my brother for how many years. “Hell no. Just go to your room and prepare so we can eat and go to school before 8.” I decided not to argue anymore because I will just unfortunately be dragged by her later.

 

Since our apartment is just a walking distance to school, of course, Sora and I decided to walk around. Looking at my watch, it’s still early I said to myself. I asked Sora to stop by at a café to grab some strawberry frappe.

 

While waiting for our orders, Sora asked me about the musical thing in our school. “Obviously yes. That’s what makes me a scholar duh.” I answered her sarcastically and I earned a pinch on my side. “Ouch!” I complained. “I don’t know where you got those talents.” She mumbled. “It’s that because I’m awesome.” Winking at her and took a sip on my favorite frappe.

 

 

“WHATEVER GIRL. IT’S THE FIRST DAY OF BEING A JUNIOR! COME ON!”  

 

Yep. Today is our first day as a junior that’s why she is so excited. Anyways, let me introduce myself. I’m Kim Nam Gyu, Junior at Seoul Arts High School, 17. And this is what my life is.