Letting you go

Lovefool 못났다
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
[CONTENTID1] Chapter 16 - Letting you go [/CONTENTID1] [CONTENTID2] [/CONTENTID2] [CONTENTID3]

The next morning was an awkward one. L.Joe and Ilhoon sat with me in between them. Not a word was exchanged within them and I was burdened by the awkward silence. Our classmates too sensed the increasing tension. Worst of all, Daehyun was'rlt here yet. Why was he late? Soon after, the class teacher came in.

"Kids, sadly, Daehyun will no longer be with us. He quitted school this morning." My jaw dropped open in surprise. For real? Daehyun left school without telling me a word?! Why... Daehyun is not the type to leave school for such... problems...

After annoucing Daehyun's quitting, the class teacher left as he needed to attend some 'meeting'.

Why did Daehyun leave all of a sudden? And why... do I feel empty? My eyes shifted to Daehyun's vacant seat and smiled as I visualised Daehyun who used to flash a gentle, genuine smile at me. His smile was unlike anyone else. When he smiles, I feel safe and warm. But now, it felt lonely and empty. I swallowed down my saliva as tears threatened to fall. Why did I feel.... sad?

"Too sad to hear what I said, Park Jiyeon?" The voice snapped me out of my little world. I turned round to find Yuri smirking at her. I blinked her eyes and acted blank as I did not hear what Yuri was talking about.

"I said, Jung Daehyun aka your boyfriend is no longer here to protect you. Any idea where he went?"

L.Joe glanced at me for an answer and he looks like he was anticipating an answer. Why did he think I would know everything about Daehyun? I too wondered the answer but did not actually know. Daehyun would usually never leave me without telling anything. But this time...

"Don't you really know?" L.Joe blurted out. I glared at him for asking such an offensive question. How am I supposed to know that?!

"Why am I supposed to know that?"

"I thought he would at least tell you-"

"Bam!" I hit my book hard on the table and left the classroom after giving a glowering glare at L.Joe. God! He was my boyfriend?! How did he supposed me to know where--- God! I stomped to the rooftop of the school, took out my phone and texted Ilhoon to come me at the school's rooftop. Yes, this is the end. I am ending everything.

"Jiyeon-ah, wae?"

"I just want to tell you something."

"About Daehyun? I don't know too-"

"No, about L.Joe." Ilhoon flinched at the name but I continued,

"I am telling him about my engagement with Daehyun."

"What?! But if you do that-"

"We might break up."

"You shouldn't! Afterall, you know how Daehyun tried to hide it yesterday!"

"But I'm tired! I'm sick of lies and I just want to--- open up everything!" Tears started to fall as I opened up my bottled feelings.

"You heard what L.Joe said, 'I thought he would at least told you'. Ha! Is that what my boyfriend supposed to tell me?!"

"Jiyeon.."

"And I pity him. We are making lies over lies to cover up this engagement. L.Joe knows nothing! We lied him from the very start until now."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter