Part Nine

How To Train Your Half Dragon


"Wait... I'm confused," Jonghyun said, staring at Jinki and Minho from across the table. Jinki was happily, and eagerly, stuffing his face with yet again more chicken after a rather successful first flight, at least Minho had said it was successful..

"Yeah, me too," Joon agreed, eyeing Minho briefly before his gaze once again fell onto Jinki warmly. Minho did not appreciate how Joon was all but eating Jinki with his eyes, instead of the food on the table. Before he could say anything, however, Jonghyun gasped and jumped up from the table, slamming his knee in the process and causing Jinki to sputter in shock and choke for a good few seconds on his food before forcing the ball of chicken down his throat with some water. No more dragon's blood for him.

"You got laid! Like, literally! Oh my god, Minho the god bottomed!" he screeched, pointing at Minho like a crazy person. Well it was rather obvious in Minho's opinion. He had hickey marks all over his body, and could barely sit as it was, his was so sore. He was sure he was walking different, too.

"Ahhhhh, makes sense now. You could have let me do it, I wouldn't have minded if it was with Jinki," Joon purred, before once again his attention was on the said new dragon, making him laugh with a rather idiotic joke. Jinki found the strangest things amusing.

"It doesn't matter how it happened. It happened. He's mine now, so I'd appreciate it if you'd stop eye ing him!" Joon made an innocent, "what, moi?" face, but backed off none the less.

"So what's his power? What's he look like?" Jonghyun asked excitedly.

"Dunno yet, but he's pretty strong. He's destroyed half the stuff in this place already. Purely by accident he claims." Jinki looked up with a face full of food, glaring even as his cheeks flushed bright red. "His color changes. He's got scales like a fish. You'll see after he finishes eating, we're going to test his powers then, and see if he can change fully. We haven't gotten to that part yet."

"I'm not sure I'm ready for that..."
 
"Nonsense, it'll be fun! I'll even show you my abilities if you want, I'm sure you're curious," Jonghyun said, winking at the younger dragon.

Jinki just nodded, then said between his mouthfuls of food, "Where's that younger looking boy, the one with the glare?"

"Ah, Yifan? He's off in search of the beings that kept you alive. If you were brought back from the dead, he wants to know if it's possible to raise another."

"But I'm only alive because my father sacrificed himself, isn't that right?" Jinki asked.

"True, but he'll try anything. These past two years have been hell for him. Usually when a dragon's mate dies, we die with them, but he didn't. He's been mostly crazy ever since. We really aren't meant to live after the death of a mate."

"That's... depressing."

"To say the least. Are you done yet? Let's see what you can do."

Taking a last longing look at his food, Jinki nodded slowly, standing up and following the other three dragons to the balcony once again. Where the oldest dragon was, he wasn't sure, but he wasn't thinking about it too much. All he was hoping for was that no one would throw him off that ledge again.

He quickly realized he was right to fear that with these crazy dragons as Jonghyun pounced onto his back, teetering them over the edge and falling with him, laughing the entire time as Jinki freaked once again.





_______________________________






"It's so not fair that you and Minho can half shift like that," Joon's dragon pouted beside him.

"I still haven't turned completely, I'm not sure if I even can."

"Hummm, usually we don't have to think about it. Maybe it's a side effect to you being a half breed?" Joon ventured.

"Aw, he'll be fine! Hey, Jinki, watch this!" Jonghyun growled, then emitted such a high pitched frequency it could be considered a bat call. The nearby mountain face he had been directed at crumbled as the, easily seen, sound waves crashed into it.

"Waaaaah, no wonder you're the one that makes the new rooms, though it seems like it'd be rather easy for you for how much you were complaining..."

"It's cleaning the rubble that I hate! They expect me to hollow out a space AND make sure it's cleaned up? Please." Jinki just laughed, agreeing easily. He wasn't too good at manual labor himself, mostly because he was so weak. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad anymore with this new found strength. He looked down at his hands and concentrated, watching as they easily turned to claws. It was getting easier for him at least.

Flying was no problem either. He'd found out rather fast he was born to do this. Soaring through the random holes through the rocky cliffs around him, which had no doubt been dragon made, he followed the other dragons with ease, finding he had to slow his pace to stay in the back of the pack of the fully turned dragons. Joon looked back at him, smiling, and as Jinki was the last to fly through one particular opening, a waterfall smacked him in the face last second.

Flying through it and sputtering, Joon laughed. "You looked like you could cool off," he said, before promptly flying to the front of the pack. Jinki, only a little annoyed with the prank, easily flew to the front, making to scold him.

"The hell? Even in half form, you're pretty fast!" Jonghyun yelled, pouting, now at the back of the pack himself. "I hate being the slowest, I at least thought you'd too!"

"Gee thanks."

"No doubt from your color and your speed, you're some form of air dragon. Your dad was earth if I recall correctly though," Joon commented. Jinki turned to eye the red dragon behind them. He'd been surprisingly quiet this whole flight. He wasn't staring at him when he turned to look either, not that he was checking or anything. He was glaring at Joon, who, oblivious to it all, or made it seem like he was, said, "Hey Minho, how about a race between the two of you?" Minho shrugged, if dragons could shrug, and flew up beside the two of them with ease. "Don't let him fool you, he's more competitive than he makes himself out to be. Alright, here's the rules, first one to make it to that mountain face and back wins, ready? Go!"

Jinki was still looking for the particular mountain when Minho raced ahead of him. Following him more than anything else, he glided next to Minho. "Was it to the mountain and back, or around? I forget."

"He said around. I'm sure of it."

"Ah, I see." Jinki mumbled, before truly testing out what his wings could do. Easily racing ahead of Minho, he started his lap around the mountain.

Minho was no fool, it'd only taken one time out to realize Jinki was faster than he, by a long shot, which was saying something since Minho was the fastest of the remaining dragons. Laughing to himself, he tapped against the head of the mountain, pushing off of it to fly back to the others. Joon never said to go around the mountain. Jinki would have to listen better next time. If he couldn't win fairly, he'd still find a way to win.

Jinki raced around the mountain face to see Minho making his way back to the others at a casual speed. The little cheater. Jinki narrowed his eyes. He didn't know how, but he wanted to beat Minho at this. Even as he thought it, he felt a pressure forming at the balls of his feet. As if an invisible wall was behind him, he pushed off the air current with all his strength, sending him shooting forward like a bullet, past Minho, past the other dragons, and past the keep all together. Great, he had an ability, now how the hell did he stop?

After about a minute, he felt his body slowing of it's own accord. Sighing in relief, he turned to make his way back to the others. When he saw them on the horizon, however, another reddish brown dragon was fighting in the center of them all. It wasn't Minho, this one was smaller, but still possessed fire. Watching as it bit into Jonghyun's side, the two dragons began to fall, the two similar sized dragons being engulfed in flames by the red one. He stared in shock as Joon dove to follow them, a huge water cascade appearing out of nowhere to fall over the two on fire, stopping the flames at least. He watched in horror as the  two crashed into the ground far below. Minho flew over to him, motioning for him to follow.

Landing on the ground a minute later, they had already missed much of the action. Yifan was knocked out on the ground, a bloodied Joon over him. Jonghyun was on the ground next to them, unconscious, with a huge wound bleeding freely on his right side.

"What happened?..." Jinki asked, quickly running over to the other three. Minho followed at a slower pace.

"After you shot off, nice by the way, Yifan decided to appear out of nowhere and attack Jonghyun. Not sure why. He's never attacked any of us before. Must be more crazy than we thought. Either way, we're bringing him back to the keep. Gramps will know what to make of it. Minho, grab Jonghyun." Minho nodded, but looked down at Yifan darkly. What had he learned from his trip to the woods? He'd been worried about it all day. Jinki was right earlier, there had had to be a sacrifice for him to be brought back. Was Wufan that desperate?

Looking over at Jinki who was now openly fretting over the passed out Jonghyun on the ground, he quickly realized he'd do the same thing in Yifan's situation. Which made him a threat.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

A/N: Here ya go, have another part, my treat <3 Why do I always make Jinki fast in my fics?? xD