Part Two

How To Train Your Half Dragon

 

Minho glanced down at the boy in his grasp who was laughing almost hysterically as the wind rushed through his honey colored hair. What kind of being was Jinki that he found flying this fun? He'd only ever met a few other dragons in his lifetime, but even they had never seemed that enthused about... anything. Maybe dragons were just jaded now. He vaguely remembered the thrill of first learning to fly, but that had been so long ago. Now he couldn't recall being as excited over anything as Jinki was over flying.

The boy's eyes were another matter, entirely. They mirrored a dragon's so much it was almost uncanny, causing Minho to question once again what Jinki was. He had never heard of a half dragon, had never seen a child of a dragon and a human. He supposed he could be the latter, but they were so rare they were said to be legend only. Though so was he.

Swooping down to land at the lip of the cave entrance, he placed the mortal in question down, though a ways from the ledge. Humans and ledges were a dangerous combination for Minho. Though why did he care if Jinki jumped to his death like all the others? He had said he was going to eat him in the first place, though his promise to himself wouldn't be broken if he did let the boy live, he supposed. He had planned on killing the female he was going to try to mate with, not some dorky wizard wannabe of a boy. Could male dragons even mate with male humans? With the right amount of magic, he guessed anything was possible..

He looked over at the boy who was now picking up a discarded scale in his small hands and twisting it this way and that in the sun and sighed in relief. For once he could have a companion without his human body being compelled to mate with them at every opportunity. And unlike the others, this one didn't seem too afraid of him in his natural form. Don't count your hatchlings just yet, Choi.

The boy turned and looked up at him questioningly, his hands still roving over one of his loose scales. When it sliced into one of his fingers, the boy dropped it immediately, as if waking up from a trance, and looked back up bleakly, with resolve. The boy thought he was going to be killed. Was he? Walking past him, he turned and beckoned the boy deeper into his home with one of his wings. He'd decide later.


________________________




Jinki on his finger lightly, following the dragon deeper into the cave. Would he eat him inside? Was that his qualm? Did he get some sort of kick from luring people into his lair and letting them wander in willingly before devouring them? The dragon hadn't said anything since their initial talk in the village, and that was worrying all on its own. He much preferred a talking dragon to a pensive one. Still, he didn't have much to fear anymore. When the time of his death was upon him, he'd be terrified, no doubt, but the dragon had said nothing to imply that he would be killed... yet...

'Cave' was really a harsh word to call the place he was being led through. It was warm, dry, with high ceilings and open tunneled hallways leading off into different directions, to different rooms, perhaps? When they walked through an archway and into the next cavern, Jinki looked around, wide eyed.

A waterfall cascaded from the ceiling, entering what looked like an enormous lake of crystal clear water, steam rising up from its depths. He walked up to the edge and stuck one of his feet in. It was hot water. Hot water coming from the ceiling in never ending waves, the water so blue and clear it looked like thousands of tiny moving sapphires. He looked over at the dragon who looked almost bored with the scenery and nodded to himself. Magic, indeed.

"You should bathe," the dragon huffed, "You smell of humans."

"But.. I am a...." Jinki stopped what he was saying and shrugged, he was the boss, then looked over across the water, suddenly pensive. "I can't swim."

"That makes two of us. It's not deep."

"Maybe not for a dragon..." Jinki mumbled. Said dragon glared down at him, and he decided to shut up. Best not give him a reason to eat him just yet. A flash of light exploded beside him, nearly blinding him, and he shielded his eyes until a few seconds later, the light was gone.

A pair of large hands quickly lifted him up and tossed him into the water. Jinki screamed for a split second as he fell, before the water filled his mouth and nose as his head sunk below the surface. When he could finally think enough to feel the ground beneath his feet, he sprung up from the water, sputtering and coughing violently. A deep laugh echoed behind him, and he quickly turned to yell at the newcomer, but instead found himself gawking.

A tall, muscular, and quite man stood at the edge of the water laughing down at him, no dragon in sight. Shaggy, almost black hair fell over glowing amber eyes that were scrutinizing him in return. He recalled the flash of light, the deep chuckle, though lacking in the gruff range the dragon had, and noticed the still amber gold flecked eyes.

"Dragon...?" Jinki said questioningly.

The man hopped down into the water next to him with complete grace, a grace that Jinki was sure no human possessed, or at least he didn't, though he wasn't known for being too smooth in the first place. "Minho will do. Though usually my pets call me Master..." He pondered this, as if debating what title he should let Jinki use on him.

"Minho," Jinki uttered, if a little fast. "That's a nice name, yeah, Minho."

The man laughed once again at Jinki's obvious distaste for the other option, a perfect smile matching that perfect face, and he realized, he liked this man's laugh. A lot. He liked a lot of things about this man.

Walking farther away from the dangerous dragon...man... Minho, making sure to keep his distance, he finally stopped a few yards away, looking up at the waterfall now inches from his face. This was amazing. He let his hands sift into the steady flow of water, chuckling slightly, then dunked his head under it, laughing openly now. He'd never seen or felt anything like this. A boy could get used to this.



_____________________




Minho stared over at the mortal who was grinning from ear to ear and playing unabashedly in the water with confusion. Jinki was male, and even if that didn't matter, Minho wasn't picky after all, he wasn't his type in the slightest. So why was this human body of his wanting so badly to mate with Jinki at the moment? He slowly trudged over to the unsuspecting boy, then grabbed one of his flailing arms, the smaller boy stilling immediately, nervously.

"What is it?" he said hesitantly, looking down and away from Minho's intense gaze, then immediately back up, a flush now forming over his slightly chubby cheeks. Minho had said before, the water wasn't that deep. Especially not with legs as long as his. He continued to stare intently down into Jinki's dragon like eyes, feeling him already lull slightly in his grasp. Snakes weren't the only ones that could hypnotize their prey.

Minho watched in fascination as water droplets fell from Jinki's hair, pooling on his shoulders to slowly slide down his back and chest. He watched as one dipped from the boy's collarbone then slid a slow line down Jinki's smooth chest.

Minho's eyes stopped dead at the scar crossing over his heart, however.

"What is that?"

"What..." Jinki said lazily, Minho's pull still strong in his mind.

"This," Minho grumbled, leaning down to place his face inches over Jinki's heart. A scar, to be sure, but over the scar was a translucent film of tiny scales, hardly noticeable to the eye. A human's eye, that is. "How long has this been here?"

Jinki shrugged slowly, "Since I can remember, I guess. It's just a scar, no big deal."

Minho placed one of his large palms over the smaller boy's chest, over his heart, feeling it flutter erratically at the touch, brought his hand back as if it had been burned, and stepped back slightly, tilting his head. Once again pondering just what the hell Jinki was.

He had a dragon's heart. This boy was just full of surprises.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

A/N: Here you go, enjoy part two! I wonder if I should write stories more like this again, I really love the whole magical aspect of it all ^^