Song for You

It was Onew...

 

Lee Jinki felt nauseous. It was already half way into the concert and the screams of the crowd have not abated one bit. He sat back in his seat and briefly closed his eyes. The residual flashes of coloured lights still burned on his retinas, beating in time with the throb of his headache. He was not spiteful - he was happy for him to have such a magnificent crowd after their split.

It was just certainly different being in the audience; to be another bobbing light stick.

Jinki's eyes were still closed and he felt the wave of feelings shift within the crowd. It was a new song. He was like a snake charmer on stage, performing his music and moving the captivated. The funny thing though, from his seat in the centre of the concert hall, Jinki could not hear one clear line of song - but Jinki knew he never lip-synced anything. Only the screams of the fans (and sometimes the screams of one girl to Jinki's left would pierce through the rest), and the thumping combination of bass and drums could be made out. Jinki floundered.

Was it always like this at their concerts, in the past?

Then, like a guiding light from a dark maze, familiar chords reached Jinki's ears. The acoustic guitar cut through the resurgence of the fans' screams that came with the new song. The music from the acoustic guitar flowed out like a saving hand to Jinki, carrying with it a treasured memory:

'Jinki, Happy Birthday. I wrote this for you - this is ours.'

Jinki desperately latched onto the melody of the acoustic guitar. Like the previous 10 songs, he could not hear his voice clearly (sometimes Jinki wished the fans would just stop screaming for once and listen to the performance!); but it no longer mattered. This particular song he knew as well as the hand that had fitted in his; that hand that was currently strumming the guitar.

Finally, Jinki reopened his eyes. The fans were now seated, their light sticks swaying in the air. Jinki looked across at the stage, and made eye contact, for the first time in a long while.

'Jinki, I love you.' Echoed another memory, from another time.

 

 


I hope this short one-shot made sense ... there is Jinki and another SHINee member. As to which member, you can add in whoever you like (*cough cough jongyu cough cough).

I drew inspiration from the One Direction concert I just came back from. How was the concert? ... let's just say that I actually wrote this one-shot in my head during the concert, so...? I am not anti-1D - in fact I think they are brilliant young Brits and seem to be great role-models for their generation. I grew up with Backstreet Boys, if that gives you any hint of anything. I just didn't really enjoy the concert because the audio was so bad that I could not hear any of the boys and the girls were so loud and constant in their screamings that I felt sick from the audio-assault. Hence, this one-shot.