Going Home

It was Onew...

 

“Good night” your supervisor says to you. She is about to leave the laboratory, leaving you to finish up your experiments.

“Good night” you reply, and you let her leave before you let out a sigh. You didn’t want to stay behind - it was getting late and it was already dark outside.

You receive a text message when you are almost done with your work - ‘How was your day?

I’m still at work! I haven’t finished and I’m going to be home late.’ You text back and return to the task at hand. Half an hour later you celebrate a little (yay!) because you have just finished your work and have packed everything away.

You run down the hallway to the elevator and then straight out of the building. It is really dark outside and the buses no longer come by as often. You didn’t want to be later than you already are.

You’re almost near the bus stop when you realise that someone is also running behind you - chasing you? You panic a little and speed up, until you hear your name be called out.

“Wait!” 

You stop because you recognised that voice. Turning around, you see Onew coming up to you, his hand on his side as if he has a cramp.

“Onew!” You exclaim, running back to him and moving aside his hand so you can massage away his cramp.

“What are you doing?” he asks you, catching your hands in his.

“Oh, I’m sorry!” You exclaim again, embarrassed that your were just groping his side.

“It’s ok,” he replied, “I’ve caught you now.”

“But why are you here?” You ask him.

“I’m here to take you home. You shouldn’t go alone.” he answered, “I’ll be your body guard tonight.”

And with that, he put his arm around your shoulders and guided you to the bus stop (telling you how he would fight off a ninja if one tried to kidnap you).