a story idea

It was Onew...

 

So this silly girl (me) had this inspiration whilst being bored at work. It is a story idea, Christmas themed. I am not writing this one, mainly because I was just reminded that I have a higher priority story to finish writing. I think it is a fun idea to share. :)

A college-au (or the like) where Jinki comes back to his apartment and sees a pot plant with a pear-shaped air-refresher and a cut-out of a bird hanging from its leaves,  outside his door. Confused, he takes it in and puts it on his kitchen bench and stares at it.

The next day, he comes back home to find two white papier-mâché birds on his door mat.

The next day, this time it is three toy hens - the wind-up ones and Jinki spends the rest of his night making them race each other down his hallway.

The fourth day was a Saturday and he had no classes. Jinki is determined to catch this secret sender of strange gifts and camps outside his door. But it's boring and he finds himself yawning after a few hours of playing games on his mobile and sending random texts to Kibum and Taemin. He had been told off by Minho, to stop bothering him while he was out with his soccer team mates, and Jonghyun was busy with his music-making. When Jinki wakes up after slipping into a nap, on his lap were four bird cages with those toy birds that repeat everything they hear. "What the hell?" Jinki yelps. "What the hell?" the four birds chirped back in a tinny version of his voice.

The next day was when he usually goes over to Minho or Kibum's place, just to hang out. He picks up Taemin, who comments on the pear-smell in his car ("refreshing, really - a nice change from the usual stink" "Geez, thanks Taem"). Jjong's already waiting for them and all five go out for some food. Jinki returns home to find a delivered parcel. Inside were five replicas of Lord of the Rings rings, including the One Ring. Jinki spends an hour pretending to be invisible with the One Ring.

Sixth day and seventh day, presents for Jinki. Each time, Jinki fails in trying to catch the person, even complaining to his friends that it's 'doing his head in'.

 

Then I came up with two endings.

One happy - on the 12th day, we find out who it is.

One sad - there was no present for Jinki on the eighth, ninth or tenth. Jinki waits, already attached to his secret giver and extremely happy and grateful for the attention. He starts to worry a bit when it all stopped with no warning. Minho tells Jinki that it had started without any notice too, so maybe Jinki shouldn't be so surprised it ended like that. Jinki bites back that at least the person should reveal him or herself to him. Then somehow reveal that the person had gotten into a serious accident and etc etc.

 

hmm...