Sunlight patterns

It was Onew...

 

She rested back down onto her bed and closed her eyes. The exam was tomorrow and she just needed to rest her eyes for a little while.

The bedroom door opened and Lee Jinki peered through its opening. The afternoon light dappled her skin, making patterns as the tree boughs swayed in the breeze. It was with soft steps that he entered the room and knelt next to her bed, next to her head.

The book slipped through her fingers and he caught its fall. Jinki placed it on the table, next to the other study papers, broken pencils and pens that have lost their caps.

He looked back at her shallow breathing; it seemed that she had fallen asleep.

A gentle smile graced his lips as he brushed back loose strands of her hair. With gentler touches he traced the sunlight patterns across her arm. She stirred and he hastily stopped.

He then looked about the room and picked up a blanket, taking care that she was safely warm. With nothing else to do, he sat himself down onto the floor and against the bed. He watched the sunlight patterns move across her wall.

After a while, he looked back up and moved to face her. She had fallen deeper into sleep.

“Aigoo, and weren’t you meant to be studying?” he playfully chided her.

He slowly edged forwards and pressed his lips against her forehead.

"Sweet dreams, my princess," he whispered and settled back down to guard her sleep.

 

 


INDIVIDUAL STORY LINK

I apologise. I wrote the first half whilst being in the mood and everything and then took a break for dinner and came back and couldn't capture the same mood again that I ended up sort of hating this and I seem to have forgotten what things called punctuation marks are but oh well seriously that girl missed something special but she was asleep and I don't know what I am saying anymore other than that I realise that this author's note may actually end up longer than the drabble itself.

whoo.