Ch9; Pt1- Anger and Advice.

Juunana sai

Location: Student Services. Time: The start of the second last lesson.

(Note: This chapter is split into about 5 parts, as it's really long :) )

Reita observed the sad situations around him and the cluster of bad, sad, mad and ill kids scattered around the room. He sighed and wondered excactly what category he fitted into. Bad? Sad? Mad? Bully? Bullied? Dumb? Troublemaker? Gay, even?? He frowned and tried to remember this was the place that would help him.

He tuned into the cocophony of heartfelt conversations that were polluting his ears.

"... And they said 'No. More. Drugs.'..."

"I thought we were meant to be..."

"... It's all my fault they divorced..."

"... And THAT is how I became an alcoholic."

"... They all pick on me..."

"... All because they don't like my style what-so-ever..."

"... And then, h-h-he-he TOUCHED me!! A-and I PULLED away..."

He sighed again and folded his arms, but was startled by a teacher yelling about grades and inappropriate behaviour during lesson times to a shocked looking 'Full Face'. "... And take of those god damn unnecessary sunglasses!!" she added in a voice that could shatter glass.

'Just put up with it, Reita.' He plugged in headphones and blasted X Japan, waiting to be seen to, hoping that was how SS worked.

He regretted walking away from Ruki without a word of explanation. "I have to go." He could have said at the very least. He should have said something, but even if he'd tried, an array of swear words and insults probably would've unapologetically replaced them.

Reita wondered how Ruki was doing in music- he was the talent- or rather the main talent, so he assumed that work-wise there wouldn't be a problem. But, he could be sitting there, moping about, wailing into a microphone and blaming himself for... Well, everything. Ruki could be unpredictable at the best of times, but all the same, he hoped he was ok.

He regretted how he'd over-seen things, he'd been too careless in that bathroom and he shouldn't have let his anger get the better of him afterwards. He felt ashamed and embarrassed, as he wondered how much they'd heard... He knew he shouldn't worry too much about excactly what he'd been doing, because they had done the same thing with each other, but it still bothered him greatly. It was just he wasn't ready for anyone more than he and Ruki to know.

He wondered how many people would know by the time he left and returned to lessons and how much crap he'd get. He also contemplated how to explain without letting the school have details on what happened in their bathrooms. Damn. He should've thought this through more.

Eventually, a teacher walked up to him, causing him to pull out his headphones at alarming speed. "Suzuki Akira..." She droned; it worried him that this teacher he'd never seen before knew his face and name. He nodded slowly and looked up at her trying not to let his worry show. It was the teacher, who had yelled at 'Full Face' -. 

"Why are you here?" She asked, sounding worried and strained herself, whilst at the same time managing to keep up an irritating monotone. He frowned at her; he was sure he was never that bad.

"I need to talk." She looked at him weirdly, like she was shocked,

'Bloody hell. I AM human.' He thought, wondering if he was wrong to go there- it wasn't quite what he'd expected so far.

"Um... Shall I talk to YOU??" He asked, full of riddling uncertainty and confusion. His head was a mush of panick- Could he come out to this... STRANGER? Could he explain appropriately without ANYONE getting in trouble? He awaited her answer with deep impatience. 

"Year group?" She asked, like she needed to. Reita glared and confirmed he was a sixth former. 

"Hang on a second." She said and left him standing there, alone for what was not long at all, but felt like a year or two.

Finally, a young man, who looked dressed beyond his years, sat opposite him and reached out his hand to shake. Reita shook it. "Hi. So, what's the problem?" Reita shook his head, suddenly hit by unfamiliar nerves.