Ch10- Romance and Bravery.

Juunana sai

Location: The park. Time: An hour or so after school.

Ruki and Reita walked in to the park together, dressed in their casual best and buzzing with excitement and first date anticipations. It was their first date and Reita was prepared to be a bit more open. It was all very exciting for them. 

"When you said you were considering coming out...?" Ruki wanted to check where he stood.

Reita put together the missing words in his head- "It means I might be prepared to do anything in public, if you treat me right." Ruki did his excited squeal again and threw his hands over his mouth to prevent him from doing that high pitched scream again. 

"OMG!! Really?!" He asked Reita, things were getting more exciting by the minute. 

"I'll even you if you want." Reita grinned at his bravery, but Ruki just cringed and tried to resist the urge to face palm.

"First dates should be romantic." Ruki argued. 

Reita sighed, but nodded in agreement. They were hardly in a dim-lit restaurant, but a guy had to try none the least. He loved him after all and he wanted to tell him that today when the moment was right. He imagined Ruki's little happy face and giggled merrily to himself. 

"I want to sit under the Sakura with you!" Ruki yelled out all of a sudden and led him to the nearest tree by hand.

It was acctualy really pretty and romantic- Reita could see why he'd chose to sit there. They looked a bit too dark in contrast to the tree, but inside they were all fluffy and pink. They lived to deceive people with appearances nearly as much as they loved music. 

"We should start a band." 

"What?', Ruki laughed, but after some thought, he agreed- 'But yeah, we totally should." 

"You sing a lot. I play bass. Uruha and Aoi are good guitarists. Kai's a drummer. We all look cool and we'd have great fun doing music videos and that. Why aren't we in a band already?!" Reita asked and he did have a point.

Why weren't they in a band?

"You're a genius..." Ruki complimented, snuggling into him. Reita grinned at his kind words and snuggled him back.

"Tell me something I don't already know." 

"You're a narcissist?"

"Well, you got me there."

They both chuckled and began to kiss. A kiss full of real, true, happy love.  

A few of the kids from school walked past, but they were unfazed or didn't even notice.

Only one group lingered, unnoticed by the couple. They were a bunch of girls, who'd all at some point had a crush on either one or both of the males. 

"They're gay...?" The closest girl asked, her eyes looked like they were popping out of her head. 

"Well, they obviously aren't a 100% straight." One of them shrugged and went back to her iPod.

"Awww. It's kawaii. And you have to admit, it does kinda make sense." Anouther said; a few nodded in agreement. 

"Damn it. They were hot." The first girl to speak piped up again, which got even more nods.

"Meh. They look hot together." Another spoke up. 

"Whatever. Good luck to them. They make a good couple." The texting girl wished and they all walked off, chatting about TV.

Reita and Ruki parted once they were gone and laughed happily. "See! No one cares!" Ruki insisted, absolutely beaming.

"Right as always." Reita said and ruffled his hair lovingly.

"Don't. It took flipping ages." Ruki pouted, after he rearranged it with Reita's help, they laughed happily for no apparent reason and began kissing again. When their lips slowly parted, Ruki began scrambling around in his leopard print messenger bag.

"It's here. Somewhere!!" He insisted; Reita gave him a blank look.

'What now?' He wondered. "What is, Ru-chan?" He asked him confused.

"Aaaaargh! You called me Ru-chan! Ru-chan!' Ruki sang, before seeming to find what he was looking for, 'Aaand- Ooh! Here it is!! Shut your eyes!" Ruki was getting excited, which made Reita weirdly scared as to what had him so hyped, but he shut his eyes anyway.

And waited.

"No peeping!"

"I'm not!!"

And waited.

And waited. 

"OPEN!!" Ruki screamed eventually, pushing away Reita's random concern Ruki had ran away from him. Instead, his eyes were met with a picnic blanket, a basket of food, little plates, cups and bottles of drink. 

He felt all emotional. "For me?!" He exclaimed gratefully.

"Duhhh." 

'All this for ME?' "Wow.' He was impressed, 'but Ruki! You didn't have to go to all this trouble for me!!" 

Ruki just made a scoffing noise and retorted it wasn't Paris. Stunned, Reita moved into the classical, American-style, red and white, diamond-patterned blanket. 

"So, this is romance, huh??" Reita asked him, sitting one of the little paper plates on his knee. 

"Yeah. This is how first dates should be." Ruki said. 

He waited for Reita to answer, but he looked too stunned. Ruki giggled and continued to speak- "Help yourself. I have fresh sushi from my friend's restaurant and I made cakes myself too." He carefully opened the basket and put it between them, showcasing the selection he'd gathered. 

"Hey? Umm... Ruki?" Reita asked, suddenly overcome by nerves. This was an overwhelmingly big step for him- it had been a long day, but he could do it. He knew he could.

"That's my name." He giggled to himself, not sensing the seriousness of the situation. He lay down on Reita's lap and gazed up at him, wondering what on earth he was going to say.

"I love you." He whispered softly, gazing into Ruki's eyes. 

"I can't hear a word you're saying." Ruki muttered, checking his nails and clearly STILL not getting it.

"I LOVE YOU!" He yelled this time, causing Ruki to grin like a mad man.

"I love you too, Rei-chan."

And they both meant it with all their hearts.

"Will you go to the mini-prom with me" Reita asked, grabbing Ruki's hand.

"Ofcourse." Ruki promised, sitting up a bit to kiss him.