Ch4- Joy and Sharing.

Juunana sai

Location: School Corridor- Music Block. Time- End of break. (We're continuing from the time it was at the end of Chapter 2; this is why I have included Time at the start each chapter. So please don't just skip it and don't worry it won't get any more confusing than this. Ok, read on.)

"What are you looking at?" Reita faked anger almost convincingly. Usually, he would have been serious saying those familiar words, but the thought of what Ruki had said cheered him up no end. 

"Your face." Aoi quickly snapped back, not missing a beat; again, the anger in his voice would've usually been serious, but Uruha made him feel on top of the World. It seemed that their relationships would cheer them up and be a unexplanitory benefit to the friendship group. 

"Your Mom." Ruki randomly butted in. The group laughe hysterically, as the bell sounded to tell them to make their way to art. Ruki and Uruha walked off, chatting animatedly about their latest projects, which shared a landscape theme. Reita went to join the boys, but was stopped by a tap on the back. He turned around to see Aoi standing there and motioning for him to 'STAY.' The boy looke frantic, so Reita begrundgily obeyed- the things he did for his friends... 

"I want to tell you something", Aoi announced in a weirdly small voice once everyone was gone.

"Yes?" Reita asked, feeling a bit worried for his friend. 

Due to Reita's helplessly over-expressive face, Aoi was fast to reassure him- "Don't worry. Nothing's wrong." He confirmed, allowing Reita to relax and let his shoulders slump, unaware they'd even rose.

"Me and Uruha are dating." Aoi announced in his typical calm get-straight-to-the-point tone. Reita tried to take the whole thing in as fast as possible... 'So, I'm not alone.'

Maybe he should tell him about Ruki? No. They weren't entirely exclusive yet. Reita decided to stay silent. He remembered to smile cooly at his friend so he was aware there were no hard feelings. "Cool." He responded, knowing Aoi would want him to act like it was 'no biggie'. In some ways it was; in some ways it wasn't...

However, Aoi obviously wasn't as calm as he originally appeared, as he let the fake persona go for a quick second. The tough exterior fell through and Aoi allowed his body language to temporarily relax. He felt his shoulders slump also, uncrossed his arms, breathed a sigh if relief and grinned widely. "Thank God! I thought you were going to disown me as a friend or something..." He exclaimed; a great weight removed from his shoulders. It was rare for Reita- or anyone to see that side of Aoi. He wished it to stay a while longer, but then Aoi awkwardly coughed and his body language closed again, his face falling in synchronisation. "We should go to art now." Aoi said in a bored and robotic monotone, pointing up the corridor and beginning to walk in the direction he'd suggested.

"Hey Aoi?' Reita asked, 'Just so you know... I like that side of you; okay? Don't bottle it up so much. Yeah...?" He smiled at Aoi encouragingly and squeezed his shoulder. His friend grunted in reply, but smiled to the ground. Like ever, there were no hard feelings.

However, Reita couldn't help wondering of he should have said something. Anything... After all, he had just been handed a silver plate made for sharing beans to spill- AND he'd been fed with a silver spoon of opportunity. Was it selfish to keep the truth to himself? He soaked up the guilt, as they walked to art together in silence. This time the silence wasn't blissful, which made Reita feel paranoid- 'Did he know something?' Aoi did feel appreciative and was just being him quite self though, but Reita was feeling ashamed. 

Should he have been honest??