Ch1- Business Rules and Public Alterations.

Juunana sai

Location- Maths class. Time- 2nd lesson.

Ruki leant carefully across the hard, cheap school desk and avoided getting makeup on his clothes or the nasty, rough table (no wonder his elbows were getting increasingly dry...). He considered it to be a minor miracle that he was only told of for his makeup once in a blue moon.

You weren't really meant to go overboard for school, but Ruki simply couldn't imagine leaving the house without his dark eye makeup at the very least. He also loved to have fake neck scars, which took him ages to perfect on a morning, but he was gradually improving the speed he needed to draw them on and still have time to do his hair and pack his bag. Somedays, he also liked to have a bit of dark lip makeup in addition to the bold use of eyeliner, but his favourite part was still definitely the neck scars and secondly, the eyeliner he used on his eyes alone.

At the end of the day, the teachers should have known what to expect when they decided to allow none uniform for the rebellious sixth-formers. They had to expect some indivuality- it only made sense. Ruki liked to think when it came to this particular school rule, one extra person wouldn't make a visible difference in the sea of young individuals. 

Ofcourse, the school rules did state for the teenagers not to go over the top with their fashion inside of the premises. However, everyone was still pretty much on free reign, but when the conversation did come to hand with Ruki, he had a script in the back of his head to save him from related impending trouble. He would simply utter "This isn't my idea of going overboard." And if they persisted to nag him, he'd add "Hizaki gets to wander around wearing old-fashioned dresses... This is just a bit of makeup. Besides, it's kind of a protest and I'm making my mark on the World already with it. It's a positive and I'm not even defying the rules anyway. If anything, I'm strongly going along with them." 

It was a load of tosh of course, but it always worked successfully. On the contrary, he did always feel slightly guilty for bringing the beautiful Hizaki into it. The guy was quite cool even if a bit goofy. Plus, the guy had campaigned impressively hard 'to push away the ist edge of society's expectancys of certain genders.' 

Ruki's "friend" Asagi had also got involved in the protest. He had great thighs and understandably wanted to show them off, which he did so by cleverly wearing trousers with impeccably conviently- placed gaps. To be honest, Ruki liked to call him by the title of friend, but he wasn't really one. Unfortunately, he'd only managed to talk to him once or twice, but he seemed really cool and looked utterly- even stunningly, fabulous. Ruki sort of more idolised him. Needless to say from a distance.

Anyway, there were loads of other attractive guys in the campaign Ruki had noticed, like Teru for his flat, feminine stomach and even that young Kenji boy with the infamous Kabouki face paint. Of course, Kenji remained unsuccessful with his cause- the boy had a thing for walking around pantless or in tight shorts that appeared more worthy of the name 'boxers'... Luckily, the school knew where to draw the line- the sixth formers were enough. 

Obviously, everyone had to alter slightly to attend sixth form without being endlessly bullied by the students and hassled by the teachers. For example, 'Full Face' couldn't wear his cap and/or sunglasses once indoors due to the fact they weren't necessary and had been deemed an impolite habit a long time ago anyway. Bad habits were certainly something the school didn't want to be acossiated with. Ruki considered taking drugs on the premises to be more of a priority in the list of concerns more than his fashion choices, but the boy managed to get away with everything thanks to his sweet childness and cute dimples combined with his innocent and yet so cheeky when it wanted to be smile. 

Then Gackt had been told to dress in clothes a little less "tight, furry, metallic, revealing and grouping." By grouping they undoubtedly were referring to the peaked leather caps, which to put it basically are a clear uality symbol, despite the fact he preferred the women. The poor boy had to get a whole new separate wardrobe...

Ruki's friend Reita was also uncomftarble with school policy when it came to the supposedly non-uniform allowance. He was particularly insecure about his nose, but everyone else thought it to be seemingly average.

He constantly wore a mouthgaurd or a - more preferred- noseband to hide his personal hate area; he didn't want surgery- the idea grossed him out to no end. Some teachers requested him remove the noseband, insisting it not be possible he have a year-long cold. They'd repeat it tirelessly until he put the thing into his rucksack or onto his (sometimes even the teacher's) desk and ignore as everyone wound him up. . .Jeering and chanting, despite knowing his nose was nothing new. 

Yes, everyone had to sacrifice a little of their average fashion sense, some just couldn't be bothered with the effort and determination needed to protest. Sometimes, it was just easier to abide with the rules, get ready for the World of Business that awaited them all...

Ruki gazed dreamily at the back of Reita's head, who was sat at the desk in front of him. His perfectly styled hair was far more interesting than the dull algebra lesson he was in. Why had he even agreed to take maths? It was hardly anything inspiring... Besides, Reita's handsome hair was more relevant to him- How would algebra do any good in his life?? He was going to be a singer in a Visual kei band after all. 'How DID he get his hair like that at the back?!' Now that was a puzzle worth working on... 

He knew that cute, golden Mohawk would be perfection from the front too. He couldn't see Reita's face, just the back of his head ( he wasn't complaining though, he could shamelessly stare all lesson) but he knew that he would have a smug little smile. This is because he never was allowed to wear his noseband in maths and usually the teacher liked to kick up a great fuss about it until it was eventually of and away from his nose. 'Maybe the teacher had got fed up asking and would let him wear it for the rest of the year??'

Ruki picked up his bitten pen and poked Reita in the back with it suddenly. "Hey! Reita?!" Ruki hissed under his breath and poked him again, more of a stab this time, noticing he'd received no reaction previously. Reita jumped slightly- probably being awoke from a morning nap- sighed and quickly turned around to face the impatient Ruki. 

"Ruki!? I need to concentrate you know! This sh*t is really hard!! You know I struggle with maths..." The boy did have a point, but all the same, he was happy the younger male wanted to speak to him. 

"I TOLD you. Call me Ru. Ru... Chan." Ruki smiled sweetly and watched him squirm in discomfort.

"2 things: First, even though that's a nice title to have... Don't you think it feels a bit... I don't know. Formal? I mean sure, everyone does it, but don't you agree? And secondly, shut the HELL up, big mouth! No one knows yet ...! And that is NOT how they are going to find out."

Ruki pouted cutely at him, but quickly, arubtedly stopped when he caught sight of Reita's deadly, steely, sensible glare. The kid was stubborn, when he wanted to be- Ruki knew he had no hope. He gave in- "Fine." Reita smiled slightly, but Ruki carried on speaking- "But you better come out soon. No pressure- just I really want to tell Uruha!" 

He thought of his freinds' face at hearing the news- he'd sure be proud of the two of them. It was all very exciting. Hearing no reply from Reita though, who looked deep in thought, Ruki teasingly added- "Besides, you are wearing eyeliner."

Reita snapped out of it and chuckled. "Guy liner", he corrected, emphasising the 'guy' part and ruffling Ruki's soft, natural hair. 

"No difference what-so-ever." He snapped back amusingly honestly and giggled with Reita before he turned back to his worksheet.

Reita noticed a little green slip on his desk- " STUDENT SERVICES: The place to confidentially discuss dilemmas." It read. Reita panicked - 'Oh no. Oh god. Who put this here?' He scanned the classroom fretfully, but everyone appeared to be doing the given sums or busy texting masterfully under the desk. Then, he finally caught sight of the teacher's eye and breathed a sigh of relief. 'Thank God'; it was just the teacher.