no rescue needed

Nobody knows

It's 5pm as I'm sitting in the kitchen, looking through the newspaper to find a new job.

But somehow I can't concentrate on what I'm doing.

I look up. Sun rays shine through the window.

Why did Chanyeol and I need to escape from the café? I don't even know if it was yesterday or not. 

Why is everything so strange? Why's time going crazy?

I can never tell how I got home, what happened exactly and why. It's like I'm having a hangover.

The feeling of uncertainty is the most terrible one. It almost makes me go insane. 

I have to talk to Chanyeol. He needs to explain a lot of things to me finally.

 

The newspaper is left behind, crumbled up on the table as I'm leaving the apartment.

Fresh air, the summer air I've always loved, blows through my hair and causes stiches to my head.

Everything is so paradoxical.

I don't really know where to find Chanyeol, but I guess to wait at the old stone wall is a good idea.

I walk through the streets which are, ironically, quite empty. 

The less grass next to the sidewalk is swishing due to the wind.

I can feel the heat coming from the asphalt and it smells like tires.

My shadow is the only thing that attends me.

As I hear sounds of foot steps I turn around and notice Chanyeol, rushing towards me.

His gaze looks panic-struck, he grabs my shoulders and shakes me.

"You shouldn't be out here!", he whispers.

I push him away.

"Why? What the hell is going on?!"

He puts his finger on my lips.

"Shht."

Then he puts his arm around my shoulders and leads me away, going back to my apartment.

I stop. He wants to pull me along. I don't want to. I want him to tell me what's going on.

"Tell me what I should hide from.", I say monotonously.

Chanyeol sighs.

"They want to get you. And they will, someday. But not now. I will prevent it."

"Who wants to get me? And why??"

I don't understand anything anymore. What the hell did I do wrong that this is my punishment?

"You know, everyone has to go someday. Sooner or later, but you'll definitely leave later."

It doesn't make any sense to continue this conversation.

"Alright. I'll go home."

I leave him behind me, feeling his gaze stucking on my back.

I feel how he becomes smaller and smaller in the distance, until he can't be seen anymore.

There's no doubt he isn't disappointed now.

But to meet him muddled up my life completely.

I don't need anyone to save me, to protect or to rescue me.