Meeting

Waterfall

*A few days later*

            Eric was through his same old routine again. Go to the waterfall and then to lectures.

“I need to apologize to that guy,” Eric whispered to himself. “But I can’t seem to find that guy anyway in school.”

            Eric was pretty guilty about running into the guy name Shin Hyesung and unable to help him and apologize properly because he was about to be late for his lectures.

            Just as he walked over the bridge, he saw a slim figure sitting at the same place that the Shin Hyesung sat a few days ago.

            Eric walked towards the person whom he can’t differentiate whether that is a male or female. “Excuse me.”

            The person turned over and Eric realized that is Shin Hyesung, he replied, “Yes? Do I know you?”

“Are you Shin Hyesung?” Hyesung nodded.

“How do you know my name?”

“oh..” Eric hesitated, “I overheard the conversation you had with the guy named Andy.”

“What? You were listening to us?” Hyesung almost screamed at the taller one.

“I wasn’t! I was coming over to meditate by myself.” Eric had a mental laugh for his choice of words.

“Meditate? You must be crazy.”

“I guess I’m?” Eric smirked, “Hyesung-ssi, I would like to apologize to you.”

“Why? What happened?” Hyesung was totally shocked.

“I accidentally knocked into you a few days ago…” Eric’s voice started to get softer.

“So you were the one? Do you know how rude it was? You just ran away without helping me. Leaving me alone with all my things in the middle of th-”

“I said I’m sorry!” Eric interrupted Hyesung to stop the guy from talking non-stop.

“Apology totally not accepted.”Hyesung turned away to continue his sketch.

“I’m really sorry. I don’t want to have an enemy in school.” Eric pulled the edge of Hyesung’s sleeve.

“Well too bad.” Hyesung slapped his hands away, “You already made one enemy.”

“Please… forgive me…” Eric said with aegyo, and he had no idea why he insisted Hyesung to forgive him. Something in him just wants Hyesung to forgive him. “What can I do to make you forgive me?”

            Hyesung was thinking for a moment before spouting, “I won’t mind if you be my legs for a week maybe.”

“Me? Be your legs?” Eric spoke in broken English (or Korean. LOL) and scratch his head, “I don’t get you.”

“Seriously? What’s your name?”

“Eric. Eric Mun Jung Hyuk.” Hyesung realized he was talking to the handsome and mysterious guy that the girls in the school are all so curious about.

“I will call you pabo-ric then. Since you’re really like a pabo.” Hyesung chuckled. “It means that you have to get the things I want for me.”

“Isn’t a job of a domestic worker?”

“No No!” Hyesung showed an  ‘x’ sign with two of his fingers, “My way is the better way of calling. Hyesung’s legs.” Hyesung gave Eric a sweet smile.

            Eric’s eyes became a straight line, “It is still the same.” Eric stomped to the stone on Hyesung’s left and sat down.

            Hyesung looked at Eric, amused, “Why are you sitting here?”

“Why can’t I?” Eric asked back, “This stone doesn’t have your name Shin Hyesung.”

            Hyesung can’t be bothered to talk to the guy who bumped into him and he continued to sketch for his drawings.

            Eric took out a photograph and held it in his hands while looking at Hyesung drawing.

“What are you drawing?” Eric asked while the photograph.

“Can’t you see?” Hyesung got irritated.

“I can’t see Hyesung-ssi. Your drawings are too light to be seen.”

“I really named you correctly. Pabo-ric”

“What did I do this time?”

“Do you learn about art?” Hyesung looked at Eric, and Eric shook his head.

“Then I shall teach you a little.” Hyesung started explaining, “What I am doing now is call a sketch, not drawing. I’m trying to sketch out what I want to draw so that I won’t make any mistake while doing the final drawing. Understand now?”

            Eric nodded; his thumb still his photograph and Hyesung spotted it.

“What are you holding?” Hyesung started to get curious.

“This is a picture of me and my girlfriend. Or ex-girlfriend.”

            Hyesung looked at the photograph, “So is she your girlfriend? Or ex-girlfriend?”

“I have no idea. We didn’t really break up neither did we act like we are a couple.”

“That’s weird. Why didn’t you ask her?” Hyesung kept looking at the photograph which is in a form of Polaroid, and he found the girl familiar.

“She refused to give me a way to contact her.” Eric sulked.

“I’m sorry.” Hyesung felt guilty for asking. “What’s her name?”

“YeoJin. Jung YeonJin.”

            Something struck Hyesung when he heard the girl’s name. Jung YeonJin. She’s his cousin. And she went back to Korea because her super rich father wants her to intern at his company so that she can take over it in the future. Moreover, he did hear from her that she was with a guy because he was handsome but when she realizes that he was a poor kid from a poor family, she decided to accept her father’s offer and dump her boyfriend. Hyesung really hated that family because they always looked down on his family for being poor.

            ‘So that guy she was referring to is Eric…’ Hyesung thought

“Oh..” Hyesung gave a short reply.

“Why? Is there problem?” Eric noticed that there was some change in Hyesung’s tone.

“Nothing. Nothing much. She just looked familiar to me.” Hyesung decided to hide it from Eric.

“Maybe you had seen her somewhere in school.” Eric was convinced.

“True.” Hyesung nodded and continue sketching.

“Sorry to ask, but can you tell me what’s your relationship with Andy?”

“Why?”

“I’m just curious. I think you know that the girls in the school are also crazy about Andy but he’s always with you so they all dislike you.”

“I know that.” Hyesung nodded, “Andy and me met a few years ago at this place. I was alone here enjoying nature, at the same time missing my family. So Andy’s family came and somehow we became friends. Or best friends in fact.”

“Oh. So are you roommates?” Hyesung nodded.

“What about you? I heard rumors that you are a ladies’ man and a playboy.”

“As you said, rumors. Maybe it is true that I’m a ladies’ man, but it is not true to say that I’m a playboy. Because until now I have only dated YeonJin. And still loyal.”

            Before Hyesung could reply, someone’s voice came into his ears.

“Eric Mun! Are you leaving? We are gonna be late!” Eric realized that it was time to go.

“I’m sorry Hyesung. I have lectures now. See you again.” Eric bid farewell.

“Bye pabo-ric! Don’t run into anyone!” Hyesung shouted while Eric’s figure disappears from his sight.

“That guy amuses me.” Hyesung spoke while continuing to sketch, “I never had this kind of feeling while talking to a man.”  

            And Hyesung decided to shake it off, “ maybe it was because I felt sorry for him.”

“Thanks to YeonJin again.”

 

------

Hello! XP

I'm so happy today to see comments yayyyyyY!! XD

Really glad that you like the story~

As usual please comment ^^ THANKS~~