Farewell

Waterfall

            When Hyesung woke up, he felt someone hugging him. And that person is Eric.

            Hyesung brought he hands up and caressed the handsome face in front of him. He felt happy, that there was someone with him when he is sick. The guy felt a vibration from his pocket and a ringtone came next. He immediately took it out and answered it so Eric won’t be disturbed by it.

“Yeobuseyo?” Hyesung said softly while removing Eric’s hand from his waist and wiggled out of the bed, then walked to the living room.

“Pilgyo-ah” The voice called.

“Oh! Umma~ Why did you call?”

“I need to tell you something.”

“What is it? You don’t sound good.” Hyesung walked to the window and leaned his hand onto the panel.

“I need you to come back to Seoul.”

“Why?!” Hyesung almost screamed but immediately covered his mouth.

           Eric heard some noises in his house and he was awake. The guy realized the younger one wasn’t beside him, and the bed sheet was still warm. He slowly got out of bed, and saw Hyesung at the window. But he realized Hyesung was on the phone with someone. Hence, he leaned his body onto the door frame.

“Pilgyo-ah. Please understand. Your dad owed others a lot of money. and your uncle helped to pay for him first. So, he expects us to repay him back by asking your dad to work for him. We have no money to pay your school fees.”

“I can pay for it myself. Please let me stay.” Eric heard Hyesung plead.

“No. I already booked an air ticket for you to fly back to Seoul. I will expect to see you back here. If not don’t call me your mom.” Hyesung felt helpless.

“When is it?”

“16 February. At midnight.”

“Okay, I got it.”

“Bye, love you.” Before Hyesung could even reply, his mother already cut off the call.

            When Eric saw Hyesung remove the phone from his ear, his immediately walked up and wrap the younger’s waist.

“Good evening, Hyesung-ah”

“Good evening Eric.” Hyesung separated Eric’s hand and moved himself out of his embrace.

“Are you okay? Who were you talking to just now?” Eric tried to touch Hyesung’s forehead to see whether he was still having fever but the younger one blocked it.

            Hyesung walked towards the couch which has his belongings, “I’m fine. It’s nothing.”

“Oh.” Eric noticed there was something wrong with Hyesung. “Can I ask you out?”

“Wh…When?” Hyesung hesitated.

“16 Feb. Is it okay?”

            Hyesung stopped his movements for awhile before replying, “Can’t it be on other days?”

“Nope~” Eric walked towards Hyesung, “It’s my birthday and I’m finding someone to spend it with me.”

            ‘His birthday’ Hyesung registered it in his mind.

“Can I reply you again?” Hyesung carried his belongings, “and thanks for taking care of me. I gotta go now.”

            Hyesung walked out of Eric’s apartment leaving the owner speechless.

            Eric felt he heart broke into pieces, he just started to have feelings for the guy and now the guy is showing resistance towards him.

“Maybe he is not the right one? It will be easy right?” Eric spoke to himself and jumped onto the couch to reorganize his thoughts.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

            Hyesung fell on top of his bed after he reached home and threw his belongings on the floor.

“Why!!!!” Hyesung screamed before tears began to flow down and along the sides of his face and wetting the bed sheets.

            ‘I shouldn’t remove his hands just now. Why did I move? I should stay.’ Hyesung thought when he remembered Eric hands wrapped around his waist.

“I don’t know when I started have feelings for you, but why is it so painful? Is it wrong loving you?” Hyesung stared at the ceiling.

“I will miss you when I leave, and my last day here will be on your birthday. How do I break the news to you?”

            Hyesung keeps tearing when he thought of the encounters he had with Eric.

            And he fell asleep without realizing.  

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

            Andy walked into the house late morning the next day. He knew that it was weekend, Hyesung have no lessons and probably too lazy to get out of the house.

“Hyung!” There was no reply. “Hyesungie hyung!”

            He felt that there was something wrong, Hyesung wasn’t like this. Andy walked to his hyung’s bedroom and found Hyesung lying on the bed. When he walked up, Hyesung was sound asleep. But his lips were very pale. Andy touched his hyung’s face and it was burning. He immediately called a doctor to come over to his house to check on Hyesung.

            Hyesung lifted his eye lids and found Andy in front of him.

“An…dy?” he said weakly.

“Yea, hyung.” Andy replied. “I was so worried about you.”

“What happened?” Hyesung whispered.

            Andy explained to him what happened and told him the doctor said that he was already weak and sick but didn’t took care of himself so he fainted.

“I cooked porridge for you. Have some.”

            The sick guy shook his head, “I have something to tell you.”

“Tell me later hyung.” Andy stopped his hyung, “You have to eat first.”

“No.” Hyesung looked into Andy’s eyes, “I have to tell you this first.”

“I wouldn’t listen until you eat a few mouths of the food.”

            Hyesung felt a little hungry so he decided to eat first.

“Andy-yah.” Hyesung spoke after having a few mouthful of porridge. “I’m leaving.”

“What?” Andy dropped his mouth, “Don’t joke around with this hyung.”

“I’m not. I’m dead serious about this.”

“Why?” Andy knew Hyesung well enough to see that he was really serious this time.

“Something happened in Seoul and my family is currently having financial problems. So my mom wants me to go back.”

“No hyung. Please, can you stay?” Andy begged. “I will help you pay your school fees.”

“I’m sorry Andy. I have to go back this time.” Andy hugged Hyesung, “I’m really sorry.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

            For the next two weeks, Andy clung onto Hyesung every moment he can. As for Hyesung, he tried to avoid Eric as much as possible to prevent himself for developing feelings for him. Although, he tried to not think about him, there are times that can’t be avoided.

            Eric noticed that Hyesung tried to keep himself away from it. And he can’t understand why. When Eric wants to ask Hyesung about it, the younger one always finds an excuse to not talk about that topic.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

*A day before Eric’s birthday*

“Hyesung-ah. It’s time to go~ We are going to have dinner together.” Andy’s mother called.

“Okay, umma!” Hyesung answered while carrying his luggage out of his room. Andy took one of the two and helped Hyesung.

“Umma, can your go to the car first? I have to go somewhere before I leave.” Hyesung asked Andy’s mom.

“Sure~ We will wait for you downstairs. Be back quick okay?” Andy’s mom agreed and she helped Hyesung to pull his luggage.

            Together with Andy’s parents, Andy left the house with them to go to the car park to get the car first.

            Hyesung went back to his room and took a scroll like object plus a letter and ran out of the house. He ran as fast as he can to the place he wants to go.

            After a 5 minutes run, Hyesung reached his destination. He took the elevator to that 8th level, and walked to a door. He pressed the doorbell a few times but no one came.

            When he turned his back, about to give up, the door opened.

“Hyesung?” The guy called.

            Hyesung turned around and saw that topless guy. “Eric-ah.”

“Eric oppa~ Who’s that?” A female came to the door and back-hugged Eric.

            Hyesung was shook to see a female with Eric, he dropped the things in his hands and he ran towards the stairs, and then ran down the building.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Ya! I told you not to do that right?” Eric reprimanded the female.

“I’m sorry.” The girl retreated and went back to the apartment.

“What’s this?” Eric took the things that Hyesung dropped onto the floor.

            There is a letter addressed ‘To: Eric’ and the other one rolled up with a ribbon tied around it.

            Eric pulled the ribbon and rolled open the paper. It was a drawing.

            With a waterfall as the background and two guys sitting on top of stones in front of the waterfall. Below it signed ‘Hyesung. 16.02’

            Eric realized it was a gift from Hyesung, he immediately opened the letter and it read.

‘To Eric,

            Hi Eric, Happy Birthday my dear~ It had been a nice time knowing you although our first meeting was a nice one. But nonetheless, you’re still a friend of mine. I’m sorry for ignoring you first the past two weeks, please forgive me. I have my reasons for doing that. Now that I’m leaving, live well~ Bye! And Happy Birthday once again.      

                                                                                                                                    Hyesung’

            And the guy it was too late to get the younger one back already. He ran too far away.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

            Hyesung ran down the stairs and tears starts to drop. His heart broke into pieces when he saw the girl back-hugged the guy he love.

            But he knew that he has to stop himself from crying, so it won’t hurt him further and Andy won’t suspect anything.

            He ran back to his place and sat in the car, before Andy’s father drive them off to the airport.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

            It was half an hour before midnight; Hyesung and Andy’s family were at the departure gate.

“Hyung~ I will miss you!” Andy gave Hyesung a hug and refused to let go.

“Andy-yah. Hyung is choking~” Andy released his hyung, “I will miss you too Andy~”

“Annyeong Hyesung-ah! Do keep in contact with us and Andy.” Andy’s dad said.

“Sure I will! Annyeong umma, appa!” Hyesung bid farewell to Andy’s parents.

“Annyeong Andy!”

“Annyeong hyung… Please keep in contact with me okay?” Andy requested.

“I will. Don’t worry about that.” Hyesung patted Andy’s head.

“Annyeong! I have to go now.” The skinny guy waved to the trio and went into the departure gate.

            The place took off not long after Hyesung took his seat in the plane.

            Hyesung looked at his wrist watch, it was 12AM. Which means it is 16th February, Eric’s birthday.

            The guy looked out of the window; a tear fell as he whispered.

“Happy Birthday, my loved one.”

 

-----

Another chapter~~ Wooh~ It's long... But a bit boring right? *faceplam* *slap self* Forgive me okayyyy? ><

A bit of angst but it's not very extreme right? ><

PLEASE COMMENTTT~~~~ THE POOR ME NEEDS COMMENTS TO MOTIVATE MYSELF~~