Encounters

Waterfall

*Few years later*

“Minwoo-yah. Drop me here.” Hyesung ordered.

“Okay.” Hyesung’s friend, and his boss, Minwoo, answered. “Why are you always here? Does this place have a special meaning to you?”

“Totally no!” Hyesung glared at Minwoo. “You know me. Nature guy. I’m just attracted to this place.”

“Yup. A rare guy who loves nature.” Minwoo chuckled. “Call me when you are done. I’ll see whether I am able to pick you up.”

“Okay! Bye Minu!” Hyesung went out of his friend’s car and strolled towards a place that he loved. A waterfall…

            Hyesung sat down on a bench and began his sketch. For years, he had been trying to draw the same old picture, to which he can’t draw the exact same one again.

“Aishhhh.” Hyesung curse to himself as he heard noises coming from the entrance of the area.

            When Hyesung saw the face of one of the men, he got a shock. The guy stoned for a while before deciding to leave the place immediately. He tried to run pass the group without being notice by them. Unfortunately, Hyesung bumped into one of the male.

            Both men bend down to pick up the sketch book, their hands touched and eyes met. The handsome guy’s eyes blinked a few times. Registering the face that he just met. The guy seemed like someone his knew, but he couldn’t remember who it was.

            When their hands touched, Hyesung immediately retreated. He saw the other guy’s eyes, ‘It’s really him…’ he thought at the moment.

“Hey, watch where you’re going.” One of the guys spoke.

            Hyesung stood up, bowed and mumbled, “I’m Sorry.” Before leaving the place without his sketch book.

            The guy whom Hyesung knew picked up the sketch book and looked at it for a while before someone interrupted his thoughts.

“Eric, let’s continue walking.” His friend told him. “And you can pass the sketch book to one of my guys.”

“It’s okay.” Eric rejected the offer. “This might be interesting for me to look at.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

            Hyesung took out his phone from his pocket and called Minwoo immediately.

“Minwoo-ah” Hyesung said after the fourth ring. “Can you come back here and fetch me?”

“Wae jyo?”

“I’m not feeling well.” Hyesung lied.

“Sure! Give me five minutes.” Hyesung cut the line after Minwoo’s sentence.

            Hyesung stared down on the floor and thought back about his encounter with Eric.

‘Why do I have to meet him here again? Arggg… I thought he was out of my life already and I wouldn’t have any chance of meeting him ever again… Why? Why? Why???’

            Hyesung was deep thinking by himself that he didn’t even realized Minwoo’s car was in front of him until Minwoo called his name.

“Are you okay?” Minwoo asked his friend, as he closed the door.

“Not really. Can you drive me home? I don’t think I’m able to go to work later.”

“I can totally see that yo~” Minwoo joked and earned a stare from Hyesung. “By the way, where’s your sketch book?”

“I dropped it just now.” Hyesung hid his trembling voice. “Didn’t bother to pick it up.”

            Minwoo gave Hyesung the are-you-serious look. Knowing Hyesung loves his sketch book more than anything else but sesame seeds and sesame oil.

“Okay okay. I will tell you more next time okay? I promise.” Hyesung knew that Minwoo was trying he dig out what actually happened back there from the look he gave. “Oh, can you help me get a new sketch book on your way back to the office?”

“What about no?” Minwoo stuck out his tongue.

“Pleasee~” Hyesung pouted, “I promise I will tell you what happened.”

“I will see whether I feel like buying it.”

            After Minwoo’s sentence, Hyesung knew that Minwoo will get the sketch book for him.

“Thank you~”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

            When Eric got back home, and did what he had to do, he remembered about the sketch book from the guy earlier in the afternoon.

“Why does the encounter seemed so familiar to me?” Eric muttered to himself as he flipped open the sketch book.

            The drawings in it are beautiful, but something weird was every picture’s background is based on a waterfall, and in front of it are two males.

“These drawings…” Something came up to Eric’ mind. “Seems like the one that Hyesung gave.”

            Eric immediately went to look for the drawing that he kept safely in a place that no one knows. He unrolled it and took it with him to the sketch book. When he compared the two drawings they are almost the same.

            The only difference was the people in front of the water fall looks different. Also, Eric found one of the drawings signed, with ‘Hyesung 02.16’ and below the sign ‘Happy Birthday, my loved one.’

“It’s Hyesung.” Eric mumbled to himself.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Welcome to M Studio.” The female worker at the door welcomed the future CEO of SH Company and another female into the place.

“May I know where your boss is?” The male CEO asked.

“Give me a moment, I will ask him out. You can take a seat here first.” The female offered.

“Sure. Thank you.”

            Minutes later, Minwoo came out with Hyesung behind him.

“Yo E-r-i-c” Minwoo cheered after meeting the CEO.

‘E-r-i-c? Eric? Oh . Is that Eric Mun?’ Hyesung thought.

“This is one of my best designers here. Hyesung. Shin Hyesung.” Minwoo introduced.

“Hello. Mister Shin. Eric here. Eric Mun.”

“Just call me Hyesung. Nice to meet you.” The few of them sat down onto the couch and began discussing about the design for Eric’s office.

‘Meeting him again… Another major heartbreak. And I didn’t know he was this rich. Whoa~’ Hyesung thought while Minwoo explained to him.

‘We meet again, Hyesung.’ Eric thought while looking at the younger one.

“Minwoo-ah” a voice came from the door of the Studio.

            All the gazes turned towards the door and she got embarrassed.

“Hello Yeonjin-ah.” Minwoo and Hyesung greeted her.

“Jung YeonJin?” Eric mumbled.

“Eric?” YeonJin stared at the figure in front of him. “Why are you here?”

“He’s my friend. We are discussing about the design of his office.”

“Office? Where?” YeonJin looked at Eric.

“SH Company.” Eric answered and YeonJin’s jaw dropped.

“Are you serious?”  Eric nodded.

‘The old couple met again.’ Hyesung said in his head.

            Minwoo turned back and mouthed, ‘They knew each other’

            Hyesung nodded and mouthed back, ‘Studied together.’ Minwoo made an ‘o’ with his mouth before turning back.

“Nuna. Why are you here?” Hyesung asked his cousin.

“Stop calling me nuna. To find you of course.”

“Why?”

“Appa wants you to help me design my office.”

            Hyesung just nodded, unwilling to help the female though.

“You two know each other?” Eric looked at YeonJin.

“Yea. He’s my cousin.”

“Oh.” Eric was shocked to find that Hyesung actually knew YeonJin.

            They began to discussed about the design of the two’s office. The meeting ended in about an hour and after that, Eric and YeonJin left to have dinner together. While Hyesung and Minwoo continued to discuss.

“Minwoo-ah. Can I not help the both them?”

“Why? You’re our best designer. Besides you knew YeonJin. And Eric’s my best friend.”

“YeonJin’s case. You know why I don’t want to help right?” Minwoo gave Hyesung the i-totally-feel-you look.

“And for Eric…” Hyesung paused, “I just don’t feel like it.”

“You know him?” Minwoo guessed.

“Can we go to your office to talk about this?” Minwoo approved of it and they packed the documents.

“So now, tell me about it.” Minwoo started the conversation again.

“Remember that day when I saw I dropped my sketch book? I met him at the waterfall.”

“And so?” Minwoo raised one of his eyebrows. “And I have one more question. How did you know Eric and YeonJin studied together?”

“Can you listen first?” Hyesung got irritated and Minwoo gave him an okay sign.

“I met Eric back in America a few years back. When I was studying there. I knew him not long after YeonJin broke up with him, and I knew the reason why they broke up… Because Eric was a poor kid.”

“What? Eric was rich since young.” Minwoo interrupted.

“No one knows. He didn’t tell anyone about it. We knew each other for a few months and we became closer. Then, I realized that I liked him. Not as a friend, or maybe loved him. Next, on the day when I fell sick and he took care of me, I felt he likes me. But sadly, I learnt that I had to come back to Korea because my family had financial problems. And the day I left was exactly on his birthday.”

            Hyesung hesitated before continuing, “Before I left for the airport, I went to him house to give him his present and bid farewell. But after he opened the door a female back-hugged him. I felt that my heart broke into pieces to see the guy I loved with another girl. So I just dropped the things and ran off. The End.”

“Wait. Not the end. So what does this have to do with you meeting Eric at the waterfall?”

“Eric and I first met at a waterfall near our school in America. And we spent most of our time there.” Hyesung explained.

“Oh…” Minwoo nodded a few time.

“Minu-yah. You won’t judge me because I love a guy right?”

            Minwoo was surprised and answered, “No. But I’m wondering whether you are loving me secretly now.”

“Maybe~!” Hyesung joked and both of them laughed.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Eric-ah.” YeonJin spoke after ordering their food.  “Since when were you working at SH Company? I didn’t hear anything about you before.”

“I haven’t started working yet.”

“Then?”

“I’m going to take over SH Company. The CEO is my dad.”

“What? Why I didn’t hear uncle talk about it? Or even you talk about your background back in America?”

“I told him not to talk about it. And I didn’t want anything to know because I know people will treat me well just because I’m rich.”

“You’re an interesting guy Eric.”

            Eric smiled, “Oh, did Hyesung studied in America too?”

“Yup. Same school as us. Why?”

“Nothing, I just have a feeling that we met before.”

 

----

Hihi~ I'm back~

Woahhhh~ Hope it's not confusing!! ^^

Opps~ Comment yeahhHH~