5: Kris Suspicion

The Baby Proposal

 

Minseok practically jump from his bed and directly searching for his phone. A faint groan heard from his sides at the commotion he made.

“Hyung its still in early.” Kris peeking his head from his blanket refuses to wake up.

Minseok then looked around. Then realization hit him, its not n their dorm, but a hotel in Tokyo. He and the rest of SM Entertainment will hold SM Town concert here, right on Myunghee’s birthday.

 

//flashback//

“Daddy!” Myunghee beamed and make her way to Minseok and hug his thighs. Few days onward he will very busy and he decided to visit Myunghee before he go abroad.

“Hello litte angel.” He lift Myunghee and hug her. “How’s daddy baby girl doing?”

“As Daddy told, Myunghee is being a very good girl. You can ask mommy!” Minseok raise his head and meet Mirae’s gaze, smiling.

“Really? Is asking about daddy every night is considered being a good girl?” Mirae hides her smiles, teasing Myunghee.

“Mummy.”

Minseok laughed as Myunghee pouted. The two still chatting while Mirae continues working, serving few costumers across the café.

“Mirae, why didn’t you give me a call if Myunghee miss me?” Minseok speak when Mirae walk closer to him.

“Uhm, if I randomly called you wouldn’t you disturbed?”

“Well if I’m busy I will call back. At least she knows I care for her.”

“oh. Okay.” Mirae stood there, flabbergasted.

He then faced Myunghee.

“Myunghee ah, if you miss daddy, then ask mommy to call me, eoh?” he cooed.

“Can daddy come on my birthday too?” Myunghee beamed.

“When it is?”

“Its two day after tomorrow.” Mirae butted in.

Minseok face slightly fell. He would be on Japan on that date.

“We have a concert on that date, at Japan. i will call you instead, but after I go back to Seoul we can have a small party or outing or anything you want. I’ve given two day off after the concert. Eotte?” he warily eyeing Mirae.

Myunghee bit sulking about her daddy won’t make it on her birthday but the promise makes it up.

“Can we go to zoo?” little Myunghee ask, a hint of hope could detected.

“It might be bit cold to have outdoor outing. Why don’t we go to Sea World instead? Its indoor and you can see animals too.” Minseok suggesting.

“If we walk outside on cold, Daddy might catch a cold, Myunghee.” Myunghee hesitated for a while then nodded her head.

“Then, daddy will be back on Thursday, we will go on Friday.” Minseok patted Myunghee hair lovingly then stand up. “Daddy needs go now.”

He then kisses Myunghee cheeks and walk to Mirae.

“You home already?” she smiled when seeing Minseok putting his coat.

“Huumh. I need to continue practicing. Make sure you call me here and then.”

“If you are that busy, you shouldn’t come here. Your dorm is on the other side of the town, its pretty far.”

“But I like seeing Myunghee, its one of my energy source now. Im fully recharged.” He lifts his arm, posing like bodybuilder. Mirae laughed at his antics, shooking her head.

Minseok stunned. Her laughter sounds heavenly to his ears, he felt another energy booster today. Her laugh.

“Is it possible?” she chuckling.

“Nothing impossible for a Daddy.”

She keep chuckling.

“Go. We will wait for you here.”

Mirae smile sweetly before sending Minseok off. He turned his back and makes a phonecall gesture with his hand, mouthing “call me” then disappear to his car.

 

Mirae keep looking until his car disappear. Why Minseok act so kind towards them? She walked in and continue her work.

 

//flashback end//

 

Minseok snapped at Kris’s voice, muttering to his phone, probably its Tao because he not heard any yells yet. No one escaped the Duizhang’s wrath for disturbing his sleep except the maknae. He then walk to bathroom. Minseok open his phone and video calling Mirae. Thinking its safe because Kris is gonna inside the bathroom.

“Daddy!!” Myunghee greeted from other line, sitting on Mirae’s lap still using her rillakuma pajama.

“Daddy’s baby girl is prettier today!” he beamed too, obvious to Myunghee warm and bright greeting.

“Of course, Daddy. Its myunghee birthday today!”

“Then happy birthday to uri Yoon Myunghee.” He then sings a happy birthday song for Myunghee.

The two on the other line sing along and Myunghee hurried to show her cake.

“Daddy, mommy baked a cake for me. It’s pink and has Hello Kitty on it!” she pointing at kitchen and tell mirae to show the cake.

“We will send a picture later to daddy. So daddy has your picture too, Myunghee ah.” Mirae smile at her daughter.

“Oh that’s right, mommy should join too.” He turned to speak to Mirae. “So I expect you and Myunghee picture bit later, eoh?”

Mirae blushed slightly but managed to hide that, little did she know that Minseok catch the pinked cheek. Cute, he thinks.

“What you and mommy gonna do today?”

“Hum, we gonna have a dinner later. But I have class and should go work too.” Mirae answered.

“I hope I could spend the day with you two.” Minseok muttered.

“Dad, mommy said you have to sing at a huge stage. Is that true? Like you did on tv?” Myunghee asked enthusiastically.

“Yes, baby girl. Very huuuuge stage and lots of people too.”

“Can’t we go see daddy, mum?” Myunghee raise her chin, facing Mirae.

“Im sorry baby but Daddy’s concert is so far from here, we can’t make it. Maybe some other time.”

“I will send you both of you our concert ticket when its held on Seoul later.”

Mirae look at her phone, bit surprised. Minseok voice over phone somehow lower and more mature, send tingling feeling along her chest. Her heart rate increased in second. Then she smiled, sincere and sweet.

“We’ll wait for that.”

Minseok heart escaped from his ribs at the second Mirae smiled. He stupefied at the sight.

 

Ruckus heard from inside bathroom, courtesy of Kris Wu.

 

“Uhm, look we must get ready.” Mirae speaks, breaking the silence second that felt like decades.

“Uh, yeah. I guess I need go too.” Minseok smile again. “Happy birthday, baby girl. Daddy love you.”

“Myunghee wuv daddy too. Manhi manhihae!!” she beamed and form a heart above her head.

 

Minseok cut the connection right when Kris step out from bathroom.

 

“Ah, hyung. Do you wanna join me and Tao shopping?” Kris asked while combing his hair. Minseok want to decline, he knows the maknae when it comes to shopping, he wont stop until he satisfied. But he remembered he hasn’t bought anything for Myunghee birthday.

“Uh I want go shopping too. Lets go together.”

“Me and Tao gonna wait at breakfast lounge. Don’t took too long.” He went out to pick Tao from his room.

Minseok quickly took shower while keep thinking what should he get for Myunghee, and Mirae as well. After ready, he walk downstairs to catch up with the boys.

“Hyung I think you changed your mind.” Kris said as he keep on munching his breakfast.

“I haven’t gone shopping with you for quite long time, gege.” The maknae beamed at Minseok. The latter just smiled nervously and sat next to Tao.

“What you wanna buy, Taozi?”

“Uhm, just some accessories. Kris ge told me there is a very cool accessory store downtown.”

Kris and Tao still talk about the store when Minseok suddenly asked.

“What do you think the best gift for a 3 years old girl?”

“HUH?!” Kris and Tao bursted immediately.

“You know, a gift.”

“Gege, are you sure? You sound like a e you know.” Taozi eyed Minseok suspiciously.

  “YAH MAKNAE!”

Taozi giggled and Kris chuckled.

“Its uh for my friend’s daughter. Uh. Yeah. Friend’s daughter.”

Kris is looking at his hyung as Minseok discussing a possible gift with Taozi. So what he heard earlier is right. He overheard Minseok calling someone, definitely mentioning himself daddy. Earlier he thinks he might wrong but his hyung hiding something, and as a leader he wont let out of his watch.

*****

Minseok phone blinked few times, indicating he received a message. He turns from a rack full of earrings to his phone and open it. It’s a message from Mirae.

 

From : Yoon Mirae

Daddy its my birthday cake! Its yeppeo, right? Ppali come home juseyo, Myunghee can’t wait to see Sea World with daddy <3 <3 <3

 

He scroll down to look at the picture, there is Myunghee sit on their dinner table facing a medium sized cake frosted in pink and white forming a Hello Kitty. He couldn’t think but adore his pretty daughter. Suddenly he felt the rush to back to Seoul, to see Myunghee.

 

To : Yoon Mirae

My little angel is prettier than the cake tho. Daddy cant wait to see Myunghee and mommy too.

 

He grinned. He wants to see Mirae too. After a while, the reply arrived.

 

From: Yoon Mirae

Hwaiting for the concert daddy!! Back safely.

 

Then revealed a picture of Mirae and Myunghee, holding their fist up while smile widely to camera. His smiled wide at the picture, quickly saved it then back to choose few pair of earrings, smile never leave his face.

 

The sight not missed by Kris. There something wrong with Minseok hyung. He never act this way, he thinks. And he determined to found out whatever happening to his hyung.

****

 

Mirae held her chest that beating furiously after read Minseok’s reply. Its feels funny, she thinks. But she brushed the feelings. It might because its Myunghee birthday. Yeah, Myunghee’s birthday.