chapter 2

The Baby Proposal

Silent clouding the three, while Myunghee happily dangled her feet from Minseok lap. Mirae silently face palming herself when she saw Myunghee.

“Daddy! Daddy! Mommy gives Myunghee bunny bun.” Her pigtails move with her head.

Minseok freeze and stare at Joonmyeon who seems clueless. He looks to Mirae questionably and then diverted his gaze to Myunghee. How could he have a daughter when he never ually interacted with any other human being, except his hand? Where in the world this little girl existed? Minseok feel his head dizzy and wanna throw up. No way a gaze can make the girl pregnant, uh didn’t they?

“Could daddy feed Myunghee?” she stare Minseok with a pleading puppy eyes, more fatal than Zitao’s, shoving her plate.

With so much defeat, Minseok feed the bubbly baby girl.

“I – I’m sorry Kim Minseok – ssi. Could you please take care of her for a while?” Mirae pleaded, gesturing the costumer who about to leave and pay. Mirae quickly went to cashier, handling her costumer, leaving Joonmyeon and Minseok with Myunghee.

“Little girl, what is your name?” Joonmyeon smile, form crescent upon his eyes.

“Yoon Myung Hee, soon 3 years old!” she raises her fingers, smile forming as Minseok feed her with small bite of bun.

“Do you know who is it?” Joonmyeon pointed at Minseok.

“He is Myunghee’s daddy, Minseok daddy.” She giggles.

“Who tell you that, sweetie?”

“Mommy is.” Myunghee soon ignore Joonmyeon.  Instead she tugging Minseok’s shirt, asking for more bun.

From afar, Mirae watches those three and feel like blood draining from her face and hand. Cursing her bad luck, Mirae keep serving the costumer and observing Myunghee once a while. Her little angel seems so happy in Minseok lap, probably babbling about nearly everything. When the costumer finally all serviced, she dash to the trio. Probably Minseok and Joonmyeon need to leave; they are busy idols after all. How could they end up in this small café? Mirae again curse her bad luck.

“Myunghee” Mirae cooed. “Daddy needs to go home. Myunghee should stay with Mommy.”

“Shireo. Myunghee wanna stay with Daddy.” She pouted.

“Myunghee ah, I need to speak with your mommy. Would you playing with Uncle Joonmyeon first?” Minseok lowering his head, raise Myunghee little body and placing her in next seat. “Can we talk?”

Mirae nodded and lead the way to the back of café.

“I supposed we never know each other?” Minseok ask silently.

“N – No, Minseok – ssi. We didn’t.”

“Then why the little girl calls me his daddy?”

“T - that is, uhm, a long story.”

“We have plenty. It’s my day off.”

Mirae sighed. Then she tells the story about how Minseok ended be Myunghee daddy.

“I – I’m sorry, Minseok ssi. I never intended to do something bad to you. Myunghee’s real father is not really good guy so I don’t wanna Myunghee to know him.”

He palms his throbbed head, a headache start forming.

“I will let it slide this time. She is such an angel, if his real father rally bad as you said, maybe its better he never know at all.”

 “Thank you, Minseok ssi.” Mirae beamed, her feature brighten. Minseok silently stare at her, she actually pretty, long hair and such. Maybe she should take care of herself more. Have baby at young age surely tiring. He thinks as he walks to his previous table.

“Now, daddy need go home.” Mirae carry Myunghee into her embrace, hoping the little girl will let Minseok go.

“Daddy will go home with us?” Myunghee’s eyes lighted with anticipation.

“No baby girl. Daddy will go to his house, with Uncle Joonmyeon here.” Mirae speak with the softest voice she had, hoping Myunghee will understand.

“Then we go to daddy home too.” She pouted.

Minseok and Joonmyeon eyes widen at the sight. Myunghee pouting face beyond cute.

 “Myunghee wanna be with daddy.” She starts throwing tantrum and cry. Fortunately the café is empty because soon it will be havoc.

Mirae busy calming her angry daughter, cooing her, promising a tour to the zoo, anything. She nearly lost hope, Myunghee never throwing tantrum. She always a sweet baby since then, so Mirae never find any hardness raises her.

“Baby girl, sweetie, Minseok ssi is not your daddy.” Joonmyeon spoke after Minseok explain to him the situation he talked with Mirae.

Myunghee cried louder at Joonmyeon statement. How 2 years old babies possibly understand that? Mirae reaching her arms, asking Minseok to take her from Mirae embrace. “Daddy.”

Minseok caressing Myunghee’s soft cheek that stained with tears.

“Myunghee should stay with mommy, arraseo? Daddy need go home with Uncle Joonmyeon because daddy needs to work.”

Myunghee tears immediately stopped as she processing Minseok’s word. Mirae’s eyes widen too, she never hope the Kim Minseok will addressing himself as ‘Daddy’. That a surprise, Minseok know that “his daughter” is existed just, like, 2 hours ago.

“Will daddy meet Myunghee again?”

“We will see. Did Myunghee promise Daddy you will be a good girl?” Minseok took Myunghee from Mirae’s hug and walk steps away, discussing things with Myunghee.

 

“He is a good guy, you know? He always be good hyung to us; being a good example for his dongsaengs, especially for Zitao and Sehun.” Joonmyeon smile to Mirae, his voice latched with proud and honor.

“I can see. Im sorry this turned out this way. i never meant anything.”

Joonmyeon hand Mirae one of his business card, scribbling his personal phone number. “Call me if anything happen.”

Mirae smile, accept the card and tucked the card to her jeans pocket. “Thank you. I will try not to call you.” She joked.

“Well, I hope it’s the other way.”

Mirae looked blankly to Joonmyeon, just to get distracted by her daughter voice. The litte angel approaching her, look all okay. Minseok nodded his head at Joonmyeon and making his way out of the café, not before leaving some bills and kissing both of Myunghee cheek.

 

Mirae softly massaging her arching head as she listen to Myunghee babbling about her convo with Minseok earlier. She look to Myunghee with pity, not in the world Myunghee will meet the idol again. She won’t push her luck again next time, she promised to herself before her clean things up and headed home.

 

 

 


Hello its jungaya!

Idk whats wrong with Joonmyeon, I actually just make him casually but he’s nagging at me deserve more appearance and such, so he ended up like that L

Well I hope you enjoy chapter 2. It’s not much progress here, I pretty much just built the foundation for them then go with the drama

 

tell me what do you think ><