chapter 4

The Baby Proposal

Mirae tuck Myunghee to their bed, fixing few strands of her soft hair then walk out from their room. Minseok sat on their small living room, still sipping his tea and half eaten cake. After dinner, they stop by a bakery and buy few pieces of cakes.

“Your place is so small.” Minseok commented.

“Im sorry if its not into your liking.” Mirae snapped, slight sarcasm sensed.

“Is the environment safe enough? You know there a lot bad guy lately. Did myunghee have all she needs? She needs a lot more.” Minseok spoke as he inspecting Mirae’s flat and ignoring her sarcasm.

 “Listen, Minseok ssi..” she sighed and cutted by Minseok.

“Its Minseok.”

“Hemph. Okay, Minseok. Its not a good idea for you. Well, I mean I respected and appreciate your intention, but toddler like Myunghee can really attach to people, moreover you’re her daddy. We can’t risk your life.”

“I have my reasons, Mirae ah. And how come be her daddy risk my life, she cant possibly hurt me.” Minseok chuckles.

Mirae’s eyes widen, Minseok face lit up, a smile form in a very loving way.

“But you are idol, for God’s sake.”

“You cant leave myunghee don’t have father figure. We both know that.”

“But…”

“Do you have boyfriend?” Minseok’s question catches Mirae off guards.

“What?!”

“I see you don’t.” he chuckle again, amused by Mirae’s reaction. Cute, he thought.

“Not really your problem.” She pouted and muttering.

“Then how about this, just let me be her father until you found a proper father for her? Come on, Mirae. Think about her.”

She paused for a moment, digesting his words. When this ends, things gonna be so nasty, she thinks.

“Let me think about it. But really, Minseok, when this ends, we might hurt her.”

Silent wrapping the both, each of them thinks the pro and cons of letting Minseok being her temporer daddy.

“Daddy?” Myunghee small voice brings back the two, heads spun to Myunghee’s small figure that walk slowly to Minseok.

“Yes Myunghee ah? Why didn’t you sleep?” Myunghee plopped herself on Minseok’s lap, try to hug his body.

“Daddy still here.” She muttered sleepily. “Are daddy gonna stay with Myunghee and mommy for good?”

Mirae’s heart ache hearing the little angel question, so do Minseok’s. She cant separate Myunghee from Minseok at this rate, but sooner are better before Myunghee grew too attached to Minseok. Minseok’s warm gestures only worsen anything on Mirae’s view.

“Daddy wont sleep here, but Myunghee can see daddy more now. Daddy need to work, remember? With Uncle Joonmyeon? So daddy can buy Myunghee and mommy lots of cakes.” He softly patted Myunghee chubby cheeks.

“Myunghee want plushies too. And mommy loves pipstick. The big girl stuff too.”

“Pipstick? Big girl stuff?”

“The red one you wear on the lips, daddy.” Myunghee said. “Big girl stuff is things that made mommy prettier.”

“Its lipstick, Minseok.” Mirae speak rather low, blush a little.

Obvious to Mirae’s blushing state, Minseok give back his focus to Myunghee who look sleepy again now.

“We gonna buy that later, Myunghee ah. Now sleep.” He rocked Myunghee little body till the little girl fall asleep again.

Mirae watches the scene infront of her carefully, observing Minseok’s emotion. He seems sincere with his intention becoming Myunghee’s daddy and he means it. Her heart torn in two.

“Give me your number. I’ll give you mine.” Minseok give Mirae his phone, which his other arm still holding the sleeping angel on his lap.

She silently entry her number on Minseok phone and add his number on her phone.

“I still wasn’t really fond of this idea, Minseok.”

“Where I should put Myunghee? She’s sleeping already.” He practically ignored Mirae’s words.

She motioning their room, Minseok placed Myunghee safely on bed and quick scanning on Mirae’s room before walking out.

“I should go home, its late already. Call you later.”

He excused himself, leaving Mirae alone. She again sighed, who knows the small lie could lead to this big problem? After cleaning up, she went to bed. Curl next to Myunghee, she enjoy the small heat and drifting to sleep. Leave the entire thinking for tomorrow morning.

 

 *****

 

A little boy sit alone, he swung his feets. Not far from him, few other kids playing at sands pool. He look at the other kids, hesitant to play along with them. The sun gliding down, the day getting older and one by one the other kid is picked by their parents. By mother, or father, or sometimes by both of them. He silently waits for his only parent to pick him up.

 

The same boy, older by few years, stands in front of the class. He held a piece of paper which just returned from his teacher.

“I told you to write about your father, not your mother.” The teacher said in rather annoying tone.

“But, Sir..” the poor boy answers weakly.

“Is that hard to write about father? You’re such good for nothing.”

“B-but Sir, I don’t have father.” The boy nearly cried, but he held his tears.

“That is true, Sir. My mother said that he didn’t have a father.” One of the students yells in mocking tone and the whole class laughing at him.

 

“…. Hyung! Minseok hyung!” Kris called while rocking Minseok’s body.

Minseok’s eyes snapped open, his breath panting and his heart beat raised. He look around clueless then realize he is in his room. He looked to Kris.

“Why were you’re here, Kris? This is not your room.”

“Tao tell me about your state. You seems, frightened. Bad dreams, eh?” Kris sat by Minseok’s bed. He rarely saw his hyung by this state.

“Just few past events.” Minseok weakly smile, assuring Kris he was okay.

“Tao really worry about you, hyung.” Kris tilt his head, signaling the door. Tao’s head poked out, his handsome face adorned by a weary smile.

“I’m okay, Taozi. Trust me.”

Kris smile at his hyung, stand up and approaching the M maknae.

“Uh, hyung? You know you can always talk to me. We are brothers you can depend on.” Kris smiled and patted Tao’s head, while the maknae give the same smile as Kris, an understanding smile. “Even the panda here.”

The leader and the maknae walked out, probably continuing their game.

 

Minseok grab his water bottle on his night stand, gulp some fresh water and lie down again. His thought fly to the current change on his life, named Yoon Myunghee and Yoon Mirae. He continuously flips his body, unable to resuming his sleep. Some old memories resurfaces, his tough time because he didn’t have father on his younger years. His mother remarried when he enters junior high, but that didn’t erase the fact that he slight bullied because of it. That’s the reason why he want to be father for Myunghee. Nobody deserve grew without father, and absolutely Myunghee is no exception.

 

His mind drifted to Myunghee and an instant smile forms in his face. The little angel is really an angel, ball of fluff and sunshine. Her small body felt right on his embrace and the way she wrapped on Minseok neck seems just right. He cant really denied Myunghee’s warm smile, her cute small voice and the deadly aegyo. He chuckle, remembering Myunghee’s aegyo. Deadlier than zitao’s, he might immune to zitao’s after seeing Myunghee’s. its just their second meeting and Minseok wanted to meet more, add more good memory for Myunghee. He realize, he cant forever be his daddy. Once Mirae found spouse, he will let them go. Smiling at the thought of Mirae, he perfectly portrayed the young mother in his head. The way Mirae talk to Myunghee, the way Mirae hug Myunghee’s small body, the way Mirae smells good.

 

 Uh? Did Mirae smell very nice? She faintly smells like flowers and fresh breeze.

 

He shook his head. Why he thought about Mirae’s smell? He took few gulps of fresh water before trying back to sleep. He dreamed something better this time, he go to the park with Myunghee and Mirae.

 


Phew~

Long chapter, right? I know. and I kinda promise to update during weekend but my dad bring the internet modem with him. so no update

Now the reason beyond his action is revealed. And no Joonmyeon this chap but Kris and Zitao made appearance!

More fluffiness next chapter because Myunghee birthday is coming up!!