Chapter 7

Missing

January 5, 2012

 

  Jinki collapsed onto the ground, his limbs outstretched and with a handful of snow, he raised his right hand and waved.

  “I give up!” He declared. I suspect the snow was acting as the white flag.

  With a satisfied sigh, I lay beside him with a big grin plastered to my face.

  Imagine, both of us actually built snow forts to protect ourselves from each others’ attacks.

  After he chased me around with those snowballs, he stopped, ran to a side and started making a fort. Seeing what he did, I immediately started on my snow fort.

  With the protection of his new fort, Jinki seemed confident about not getting hit. He stood up straight and his arms spun like a propeller as he swiftly threw snowballs at my direction nonstop.

  I would occasionally pop my head out from time to time, I could see him huff and his arms turning slower.

  I decided it was my time to attack and I bombarded him with snowballs. I managed to quietly make a lot of snowballs while he was blindly attacking.

  Splat!

  Finally, a snowball hit him directly on his shoulder and he collapsed to the ground. The hit wasn’t even that hard, I guess he was just exhausted.

  Victory is mine!!!!

  Turning my head to look at the brunette, Jinki was now moving his arms back and forth across the snow, his legs moving in and out. It sort of looked like he was doing jumping jacks while lying down.

  “Are you by any chance making a snow angel?”

  “Yeah” he said as he stopped flapping his arms.

  I started with my snow angel too, but I heard my stomach grumble so loudly that Jinki sat up laughing as he clutched his stomach.

  I felt my cheeks burn and rose up from the snow.

  “I guess you don’t want to eat chicken tonight” Crossing my arms in front of me as I grumpily walked back to the living room.

  “Hye Jungie, Jinki is sowwy. Jinki still wants to eat chicken tonight.” Jinki followed, closing the sliding door behind him and looked at me with those suddenly ridiculously watery eyes of his.

  “Oh alright. Don’t give me those eyes.”

  I entered the kitchen scratching my head. What chicken dish should I cook tonight? We only had frozen chicken s in the freezer, so there wasn’t much variety…

  “Jinki, what kind of chicken dish would you like to eat tonight? Steamed? Fried?”

  “Anything is fine. I’ll eat anything as long as it’s made of chicken.”

  I pulled my hair up into a bun, I wouldn’t want any of my hair to get into the food. That would just be gross.

  Thinking of a good dish, I got out the ingredients from the fridge.

  “Excuse me” I felt two soft knocks on my back, like how you would normally knock at the door.

  Before I could even reply, someone gently twisted the bun on my head as if it were a doorknob.

  “Is there anything I could help out with?” Jinki asked with shy smile on his face as I turned to face him. I couldn’t help but laugh, he can be quite an adorable dork sometimes.

  “Just in time, Jinki. Please help me cut the vegetables.” I told him.

  “Make sure to wash your hands first.” I doted, he was already on it though.

  On my side, I chopped the chicken s after rinsing them.

  I looked over to Jinki’s side to see how he was doing. It looked like he was about to put his finger to his mouth.

  “Jinki, don’t eat the vegetables yet if you don’t want diarrhea” He turned to look at me. There was thin, crimson line on his finger, trickling down to his palm.

  “Jinki-yah! Don’t put that in your mouth.” I literally slapped his hand away before he could he got it in his mouth and put it in under the cool running water. He must’ve cut his finger while slicing the carrots…

  I dragged him to the living room and had him sit down as I went to my room to get the first aid kit.

  “This is going to hurt a bit.” Jinki closed his eyes to prepare for the dreaded spray. It might hurt, but it will kill the bacteria. I spritzed the cut with some alcohol and fanned, so the alcohol would evaporate faster.

  His eyes were on his finger as I applied the antibiotic and put on the band aid.

  “I order you to sit in the living room.”

  “But-“

  “And play with Yong.”

  “But-“

  “Don’t come into the kitchen at the moment.” I said patting his head as if he was a puppy.

  “But Jinki wants to help.” Again with the aegyo. This guy is seriously abusing aegyo.

  “Tell me, do you want the chicken spicy?” I changed the topic quickly. Jinki nodded smiling as a reply to my question.

  “Please patiently wait for the chicken to get ready.” I tightened my apron around my waist. Jinki clapped his hands and gave me a meaningful nod.

 

  “So, what is it? What kind of chicken dish?” He impatiently asked. I chuckled.

  “Guess.”

  “Fried chicken?!

  “No.”

  “The suspense is killing me. Just open it!” His eyes opened to its widest as if he was watching a horror film.

  “Tada”

  “Dak Bulgogi (Korean BBQ chicken) and Dakjjim (braised chicken with vegetables)”

 

(Korean BBQ chicken)

(Braised chicken with vegetables)

  He excitedly ate a piece of the barbecued chicken, his eyes lit up.

 

  “Heaven!” He burst out, surprising the sleeping dog that lay beside him.

 

  I chuckled at the sight. He must really love chicken. I watched him wolf down a bowl of rice with the barbecued chicken.

  “Hye Jung, you’re a good cook” He struggled to compliment with the food still in his mouth.

  “Now for the dakjjim” He tried some of the soup. I made the dakjjim extra spicy and Jinki began to sweat not long he sipped a bit of the soup.

  “Wow, that’s spicy!” He said swiping off the sweat on his forehead with a tissue that I don’t know where he got.

  “Hye Jungie thank you!” He suddenly gave me another set of aegyo.

  Is he drunk perhaps? He’s been doing a lot of aegyo today. Hell, I don’t even know how he’s like when he’s drunk. Let’s not make any assumptions.

  An almost empty bowl of braised chicken brought me back to Earth.

 

  “Yah, yah yah! Don’t eat it all, leave some for me!” And he replied me with a sheepish grin on his face.

 

______________________________________________________

Jinki finally gets his chicken! 

Ermagawdddddddddd! It is 12 am here.

It is officially December 14 here!

 

It is our leader's birthday.

Happy 25th birthday Lee Jinki<3

Please continue to lead our shining boys well.

Stay healthy and don't get hurt!

 

Pic credits to their respective owners.