Chapter 4

Missing

January 3, 2012

  “Hmmm… Do you remember how old you are?” I asked scratching my head, only to be hear a soft no as a reply.

  “Then how am I supposed to know if I should use honorifics?” I whined. I was the type of person who was pretty serious about this issue because I think it is important to show respect to those senior to me.

  “You look about the same age as me, maybe even younger.” I said examining his baby like face again. “What year were you born in?” The guy who I had just named Jinki asked with immense curiosity in his voice.

  “93. I will turn 20 this year on May 11, meaning I’m still 19.” Jinki caught his chin in his hand and seemed to be in deep thought.

  “I know! Why don’t you just speak comfortably with me? Drop the formalities, just talk to me as if I were the same age as you.” His full lips curved upwards and showed pearly whites underneath. I tried to protest and he insisted, “It’ll be alright, just use banmal(informalities) with me.”

  “Oh alright” I gave up and laid my head on the table.

  I glanced at Jinki who was still wearing the clothes I found him in. He was wearing a slightly soiled red varsity jacket with white sleeves; the brand logo indicated that it was from Puma. Underneath the jacket was another jacket that was grey and had a hood. Moving my vision downwards, I noticed he was wearing black skinny jeans and on his feet were a pair of fuzzy wool socks.

(His outfit)

  Since when did black skinny jeans appeal to men? At school, I don’t think I saw guys wear skinny jeans.

  Wait, I never really paid much attention to guys…

  Or people…

  I sighed; maybe it was the current fashion trend?

  How would I know?

  I was never into fashion.

  “Wait here” I said running over to my closet. He gave me a short look and focused his attention to Yong who was sniffing his hand which rested on the floor. I opened a big cardboard box that lay at the bottom.

  “I don’t know if these are going to fit you. You seem a lot taller than … my dad” Those last words were barely audible. It always hurt me to mention or even think about him...

  “I’ll try them out” the brunette gently took the clothes from my hands and headed to the washroom.

  After a while, he came back in the clothes I gave him. I guess he also took a shower since his hair was wet. The clothes fit him quite nicely, a little loose with the blue hooded jumper, but that’s fine.

  I tried to stifle a laugh after seeing at his feet. His legs were way too long as the matching blue sweatpants stopped halfway around his calves.

  All of a sudden, Jinki parted his bangs in the middle and started walking towards me like he was on a runway, doing various hilarious poses along the way.

  First, he twirled.

  Then, landed perfectly and proudly gave me "V" sign.

 

  I burst into laughter, unable to control myself. He then twirled another time, this time posing two lazy "v"s. I assume he is walking the "aegyo" path.

  But then his look turned serious and half took off his coat, showing just a bit of his arms. 

  “How do I look?” To top that off, Jinki shot me a “y” look and raised his eyebrows as he sat beside the table. A double chin almost appeared.

(I'm so sorry if I ruined Onew's image for your guys!!)

  Tears almost came out of my eyes as I lay on the floor laughing.

  He grinned and said proudly in playful manner, “I assume I look handsome.”

  “Yeah, yeah, sure you are…NOT” I stuck my tongue and threw a pillow at him. It hit him square in the face before he could move away.

  I apologized as ran to him, inspecting the wound on his forehead, to see if I had done any more damage. I quickly applied ointment to a sterile gauze pad and placed it above the wound, securing it to place with a bandage.

  “T-Thanks” Jinki said, he was staring at her neck. To be more exact, the necklace on her neck. Where did he see it before?

  I caught him staring at what I think he was staring at and thwacked him on the shoulder.

  “Oww, why did you do that?” He jumped at the sudden pain.

  “You! You ert!”

  “I was just-“

  “Where were you looking at?”

  “I was just-“

  “You looked really polite and all, I never thought you were such a ert!” I accused, pointing a finger at him.

  “I was just looking at your necklace” Jinki said calmly as he rubbed the area where I hit him a few moments ago.

  “Oh…” Blood shot up to my face and made it so hot that I might have been able to fry an egg on it. Focusing my attention back to my necklace… It was a pretty normal one; just a simple silver chain and a secure clasp holding a tiny pearl in place.

  “Still…” I was at a loss for words.

  “Y-You’re sleeping on the floor” I happened to glance at the wall clock and it was already pretty late, pointing to the small bed beside mine, space was extremely limited at my small room. I had already taken out the extra mattress, some pillows and a warm blanket while he was changing a while ago.

  I know you all are probably asking why I have a guy in my room instead of having him sleep in another room.

  Number one, I’m not going to let him stay in my grandma’s room.

  Number two, floor heating isn’t installed in the living room, so he might freeze to death, and I don’t want that to happen!

  So, he’s staying in my room.

  “Well good night” I said turning off the lights as I slipped under my cozy blanket. “Good night to you too” Jinki mumbled and disappeared under the cover. What a weird way to sleep, wouldn’t he feel too warm if he slept inside that?

  Putting the thought aside, I drifted off to slumber.

_______________________________________________________

Sorry for not updating last week!! I promise I haven't forgotten about you guys!!!!!

This was kinda short, but I hope its alright...

Because of that, I shall compensate with Onew gifs and derps faces XD

Would you guys like me to include gifs in future chapters?

Tell me what you think!!!