Chapter 11

Missing

  January 13, 2012

 

  “And… Action!” The sound of the clapperboard echoed throughout the whole café.

  Taemin walked slowly towards Dara with a cup of coffee in hand and went in for a kiss on her cheek.

  Just as he was about to touch her milky skin…

  “Cut!”

  A smiling Taemin watched himself through a camera. He was satisfied with how the camera got his good side.

  

  He was given the color “Exciting Orange” to promote, so they gave him a bright orange half apron.

  “So did you get to kiss her?” Jonghyun whispered teasingly to Taemin.

  “No, my lips almost touched her cheeks, but the director said ‘cut’. I was this close!” Taemin pouted, doing a pinching action with barely any gap to show the closeness of his lips and Dara’s cheeks were.

  “Don’t worry, you’ll get to kiss a girl at some point in your life” Kibum laughed.

  “Now they want me to kiss the window.” Taemin whispered bewilderedly.

  “Passionately.” Minho teased.

  The other members laughed as Minho earned a glare from the loveable maknae before preparing for the next scene which was the close up of his kiss.

   “Action!”

  Although he was hesitant, he followed the directions given to him by the director and proceeded to kiss the window as Dara went to receive a phone call.

  

  The members watched his acting through a small camera. Jonghyun snickered silently while Minho and Key tried to stifle their laugh as the microphones might get their voice. The manager who was also observing Taemin’s performance bit his lip to stop himself from laughing.

  “And cut! That’s a wrap for Taemin’s part.”

  “So how was your kiss with the window?” Jonghyun taunted, giving the maknae a light poke on his cheek.

  Taemin sighed and Key put an arm around his shoulder. Minho gave Taemin a few pats on the back.

  “Don’t worry, you’re not the only one who won’t get to kiss noona.” The tallest member whispered in such a low voice that only Taemin could hear.

  “Hey, what are you two guys whispering about? I want to hear!” Demanded Kibum who put a coat over the maknae’s shoulders, he didn’t want Taemin to get sick in such cold weather.

  “Yeah, me too! If not, I’ll tell Kibum a secret that you guys can’t know about.” Jonghyun leaned close to Kibum and whispered something into his ear causing the latter to chuckle and clap his hands.

  Minho and Taemin stared at the two and shrugged.

 

  “Breathtaking Pink” was his color. They had him wear a baby pink cardigan over a white button up shirt. The director chose sunset before filming since he wanted Minho to look extra romantic with Dara. It was set on a playground and Dara was up the slide where she accidentally dropped her lipstick.

  

  During filming, Minho sensed danger when Dara leaned a little too much to get her lipstick. He swiftly caught her shoulder and turned her around, so she was now facing him.

  Minho leaned in to kiss Dara, slowly tilting his head in the process, but stopped a few inches before his lips brushed against hers.

  

  The members were watching them below the slide. Though feeling tired and cold due to filming earlier, they decided to cheer on the resident rapper and stayed behind to watch him film.

  As soon as they saw Minho lean in, not only the members, but the staff also roared and clapped their hands in excitement.

  “Omo, hyung is he really kissing her?” The youngest asked, surprised.

  “I don’t know Taemin. I can’t see from this angle.” Kibum replied.

  “Maybe he is actually kissing her.” Jonghyun said snickering.

  “And... CUT! Good take, Minho-goon. That’s a wrap!”

  “You worked hard, noona.” Minho placed a down jacket on Dara’s frail shoulders before bowing to her, Dara softly said thank you and bowed to Minho.

  The members hovered over the small screen to see Minho’s take.

  “He isn’t kissing her” Kibum whispered only to Taemin.

  Taemin looked back at the screen. The angle of the kiss was a bit off. If people didn’t look at it seriously, no one would have noticed that the kiss wasn’t real.

  “So how did you do it?” Jonghyun asked Minho.

  “Like this!” Minho twirled the person closest to him around, like what he did to Dara and he put his face extremely near the person’s face.

  That person happened to be Lee Taemin.

  A shocked Kibum dropped the jacket he was holding and Jonghyun’s mouth opened really wide.

  

  Taemin was also evidently as surprised as the others were because he looked like this after Minho’s reenactment of the scene.

  “Omo, Taemin! Are you alright?” Kibum lightly touched Taemin’s face and made a face at Minho.

  

  “Uh… Yeah. I’m fine.”

  “Minho-goon, haven’t you learned a few tricks from hyung?” Jonghyun proudly pointed at himself.

  “Learn what-“

  That moment, that horrid moment of the problematic “accidental kiss” in question came to Minho’s mind.

  “Yah, we agreed to never talk about that!” Taken aback, Minho frantically waved his arms about.

 

  The boys were back in the dorm after a long tiring day of filming, the manager went out to buy them dinner.

  “Taemin-ah, has hyung replied you yet?” Minho casually asked. He was talking about the text Taemin had sent to Jinki a few days ago when they were still in Japan for an event.

  Taemin shook his head.

  “Aish, that Yonggam (old man).  It’s already been 4 days!” Kibum started, his Daegu accent present.

  “Yeah, he usually replies so quickly.” Jonghyun scratched his head.

  “Why don’t we visit him at the hospital these few days? It’s almost been two weeks since he was admitted to the hospital anyway. “ Taemin suggested.

  “Yeah, he’s bound to have recovered half way already. If I remember correctly, all of us don’t have schedules on the 18th.” Minho added.

  “Yes, we don’t. Now all we have to do is get manager hyung to let us go. I don’t want it to end up like last time.” Kibum whined remembering the manager ban their idea of visiting Jinki last time.

  “Jjong, you’re going to have to convince manager hyung.” Kibum ordered as he put his hand on Jonghyun’s shoulder.

  “Eh?! Why me?”

  “Because you’re the oldest.” Minho smirked.

  Jonghyun was about to complain, but then again with Jinki being at the hospital, he was now the oldest among the four and had the responsibility to take care of them. 

 

  “Kids, I’m back! I bought you guys some pasta.” The manager shouted as he fixed the food onto the dining table.

  “Hyung.”                                                                                                            

  “Yes Jonghyun?”

  “Err… We were wondering if we can visit Jinki hyung on the 18th? Since none of us have schedules on that day…”

  Gyeongshik stopped. Just as he thought they’d given up on visiting Jinki at the “hospital’, here they are again, asking if they could go see him. What if they found out that everything was a lie? What if they found out Jinki was missing? What would the management say? So many questions filled his head and made him panicky.

  He had to think of a good excuse and quick. Gyeongshik was still under orders not to let anyone know that Jinki was still missing, even the members, especially the members. The management still hadn’t received any news from the police regarding Jinki’s possible whereabouts.

  “Uh, I’d have to ask the company about that. Err… I’ll tell you if they allow you boys to visit, okay?” Gyeongshik tried to sound as normal as possible, trying to hide his sudden nervousness.

  “Thanks, hyung. Make sure to ask!” Jonghyun smiled cheerily. He didn’t seem to notice anything wrong with the manager’s reply.

  “Yah, food is here! If you don’t come out, manager-hyung and I will eat it all!”

 

_______________________________________________________

Here you go guys~

Did you enjoy this chapter? I honestly had tons of fun writing the slight Jongho and 2min scenes haha.

I'm feeling so loved and blessed even at the start of the year because of my 35 subscribers. Thank you so much for subscribing and always commenting, I really cannot thank you enough <3 I never even thought I'd get past 10 subbies while I was writing this. Thank you so much for your support!

Like always, please do subscribe if you like this and tell me what you think down below =) Constructive criticism is also highly welcomed.