Chapter 6

Missing

January 5, 2012

 

Bored.

Bored.

I’m so bored!

I already finished my book and other assignments that I planned to do today. They weren’t that hard, so it only took me half a day.

Jinki was playing fetch with Yong. However, the puppy was more interested in the scarf on his neck rather than getting the ball. So poor Jinki had to get the ball all by himself.

“Hmm….”

Staring outside the window, the snow had just freshly fallen, frosting the trees and bushes in the garden.

An idea popped into my mind.

“Jinki-yah, do you want to go outside?”

His gaze focused on me.

“Have you finished studying?” It sounded like he didn't want to bother me. After all, I am a busy college student. Well, half of that is true. I’m a college student, but it’s not really busy at the moment because it is winter break, so I don’t have classes, just some homework and small projects.

“Yeah, come on. I’m bored”

I handed Jinki a pair of warm mittens before slipping into my coat, gloves and scarf. Then, I went to the garden.

Jinki followed me outside after wearing a thick yellow sweater over of his shirt. Followed by looping a white scarf onto his neck and wearing the red knit bomber hat I lent him, he then fit those thick hands of his into a pair of mittens.

Yong lay on the porch relaxed, watching us.

“What now?” With his hands in his pocket, the boy’s face was almost buried whole underneath the scarf.

“Let’s build a snowman.” I suggested.

“Okay”

“So, how does one exactly build a good snowman?” I interviewed him, my right hand under his chin pretending as the microphone.

“To build a good snowman, one must first have good snow” He answered coolly like my professors at school, except that his answer was…

The atmosphere between us was below freezing, both literally and metaphorically.

He has a knack for making atmospheres awkward.

“What?”

With a deadpan look on my face, I stared at him.

“What?”

I couldn’t hide my laughter. He looked at me, taken aback at my sudden outburst.

“What?” He asked, looking at me, still a bit confused.

For a second there, I thought I saw a despondent look on his face. Maybe I was hallucinating?

“We have good snow here, there is no need to worry about that.” My mouth opened wide to catch tiny snowflakes that suddenly fell from the sky.

“Ahhh” Jinki looked at me smiling and did the same.

“So, Jinki-saem. Is it time to make a good snowman?” Seonsaengnim (teacher) can be can be quite a mouthful, so its way more convenient to call him “Saem” instead. That’s what I call my professors too.

With a nod, we started working on the bottom snowball. We rolled it around and it got so heavy that we stopped to declare it was big enough for the base.

The head we made a tad bit smaller and placed it on top of the body.

“I’m going to make him a face with pebbles.”

“Hye Jung-ah, can we make it look like chicken?”

“What?”

“I said can we make the snowman look like a chicken.”

“Jinki-yah, he is a snowman for god’s sake, not a snow chicken” Giggling as I put a pebble on each side for the eyes.

“You can’t put wings on it anyway, it will just fall down.” I added.

He looked at the ground disappointed.

“Don’t be like that Jinki. Why don’t I cook some chicken for you tonight?” His face brightened up and eyes twinkling as he held my hands in joy.

“Really?”

“Yes, now do you like me more or chicken?”

“Chicken, because chicken has been with me for my whole life” he answered ever so sincerely.

“Ughh, I’m hurt.” I joked, putting my hand up to my head like a damsel in distress. Jinki only met me for two and a half days after his coma, of course he would like chicken over me. I wasn’t hurt or anything, I’d honestly be more surprised if he said he liked me better than chicken!

“Now I don’t feel like feeding you chicken tonight.”

“Nooooooo!” He whined cutely, a small pout formed on his lips.

“Are you doing aegyo?” I shuddered. I wasn’t the type to do or liked watching aegyo, it made me cringe. However, I do use it in rare occasions.

“Hyu Junjie, Jinki wants to eat chicken tonight.” Jinki said in a child’s voice. He then did the standard aegyo.

“Ugh, alright!” Giving in, it was just too much cuteness for one day.

Focusing my attention on the snowman’s face, I finished and took a few steps back.

“It’s a masterpie-“ Jinki stopped.

“What?”

“The bottom, it’s CYLINDER!”

“Thank you for pointing that out, Captain Obvious.” I said blandly.

“Cylinder! Now it isn’t a snowman anymore, it can be a snow duck.”

“What are you talking about? Please forget your duck and see the excellent masterpiece I made” I made exaggerated movements around the face of the snowman.

“It looks exquisite!” He played along, he must be really wanting to eat chicken tonight because my work was terrible. The face only consisted of 3 pebbles, 2 for the eyes and 1 for the nose.

I concentrated on placing the eyes symmetrically, but they seem to be unparallel all the time. Ughh, I think I need to get myself a ruler…

“Umphh”

I felt something icy hit my back.

“YAHHHHHHH!!!!!”

He looked at me innocently, like he didn’t know what I was screaming about.

“Jinki, you’re dead meat!” I roared as Jinki grinned mischievously and made a run for it.

 Cupping a handful of snow, I started packing it until I was satisfied with the size. It was the perfect snowball. Haha, Jinki, you’re going to pay!

I smirked as I threw my beautifully made snowball.

The smirk was wiped right off my face and my mouth was left gaping. The snowball wasn’t even close to hitting him, it missed by a whole mile.

“Mehrong” He stuck out his tongue out, playfully tempting me to throw another snowball, though it spattered just before it hit him.

Scrunching my nose, a growl escaped from my lips as he was playfully frolicking round and round me.

How do I get him…

Another snowball hit me and I crouched down, grasping on my shoulder like it hurt.

I peeped at Jinki who stopped hopping and approached me.

He knelt down beside me.

“Hye Jung-ah, I’m sorry. Does it hurt a lot-“

With a handful of snow, I pressed it against his face and let go in a second. He was evidently startled and fell on his bum.

“Hehe, got you”

 

“You punk!” He chased me with a few more snowballs.

Thus the real snowball fight began.

 

________________________________________________

Here's another chapter guys! 

As always comments are loved and welcome!!!!

I'd love to hear from you guys :)

 

Today is Minho's birthday! It's officially December 9 here.

Don't worry Minho, you're finally going to be in a chapter in the near future =)

Happy birthday Minho!

So here's a y young Minho for you guys<3

 

 

Pics are credited to their owners.