Chapter 2

Missing

 

  Tired as hell, I grumbled collapsing onto the floor after I finished treating the guy’s wounds.

  They weren’t that serious, just some light scratches on the skin that was exposed which fortunately were only his hands and face. Good thing he wore a thick coat. The only thing that needed a bit more attention was the injury on his forehead.

  I thought hard to recall the steps that were taught by the first aid group I joined from a pretty while back, then treating the wound with the necessary steps and extra care.

  Remembering he was beaten up a while ago, I quickly reached to pull his clothes up to show a bruised abdomen. Thank God he didn’t take a blow on the chest.

  After a sigh of relief, I calmed down tucking the guy under a warm blanket after taking off his coat. He was left with his jacket and hoodie.

  I guess he got drunk and got beaten up. My nose wrinkled as I remembered the strong scent of soju entering my nose when I found him unconscious. Now all I have to do is wait for him to wake up and everything will be fine.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

  Jonghyun fluttered his eyes open to find himself unexpectedly weak, vision a bit blurry, he saw the broken front window. He tried to move his head to look around, but his neck hurt at even the slightest movement. He saw 4 pairs of legs including his own, judging by the pants, Kibum sat on his right while Taemin and Minho were on his left.

  Where was Jinki? Sure he was angry with him, but he was worried. Where was his hyung? Seeing the broken front window, he guessed that his hyung flew out the window and was lying in front of their car. He didn’t even know what happened last night.

  Paramedics soon came into the scene with first aid kits in hand as they rushed to the van to rescue the boys out, without adding further injuries.

  The boys had woken up from all the noise and commotion, finding themselves in a similar situation as Jonghyun, they couldn’t move their heads without feeling pain. They were taken to hospital as their manager assured them that Onew was already rescued earlier than them since his injuries were a bit more serious than theirs.

  Clearly, it was a lie, but the manager didn’t want them to know that Onew had disappeared and had them worry.

  In emergency cases like these that might ruin an idol group’s reputation, the managers were taught to contact SM Entertainment first. For they would be sure to cover up the whole thing without a single trace left behind.

  This was not something the company would want the whole world to know about – Leader of Shinee missing after a few drinks with the crew. It wouldn’t be good for the other boys’ image either. Although there wasn’t a problem with them drinking for they were legal, it’s just that Shinee has had a squeaky clean image since debut. Plus, the biggest problem would be speculation of the maknae drinking, which was illegal since he was still a minor.

  So the company decided not to tell the police or the media anything. They would have to wait till they find Onew or at least till the other members healed before they could do anything.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

January 3, 2012

  2 days had passed since I brought this unconscious guy to my home. He hasn’t waken up yet…

  What a great way to start the New Year, I thought sarcastically.

  Despite not knowing much on how to take care of a person in coma, I tried to move him once every few hours or gave his limbs some massages. I dared not to leave the house for fear that the guy might wake up and think that he was kidnapped or something.

  If he’s not going to wake up by tomorrow, I’m going to send him to the hospital. So please wake up, please just go home after you wake up.

  There was a reason why I didn’t get him to the hospital after I treated his wounds. It’s because I’m broke. Hospitals required payment before actually treating their patients and those payments usually required a thick pile of bills. And I don't have those. I barely had enough to support myself…

  With Yong on my lap, I sat on the floor beside my bed. I looked at the guy to see if I knew him.

  Hmmm…

  He kind of looks like…

  Forget it…

  Taking a closer look, I examined his face. His porcelain skin would have made every girl jealous and soft full lips that I happened to touch when I would wet his lips to provide him water, those drew my attention the most from his baby face.

  Silently admiring his facial features, I didn’t even know the time. The puppy that sat on my lap my hand and made me realize that it was time to make dinner. I glanced at my watch, it stated 8:15 p.m.

  Gosh, I stared at his face for more than an hour. Flustered, I rushed to the kitchen to make some dinner.

  Not long, I finished preparing my meal and brought them out to my small short table in my room. I got Yong some dog chow before kneeling in front of my meal which consisted of stir fried japchae with some vegetables, kimchi that was in the fridge for I don’t know how long and rice cake soup.

  Taking in a spoonful of the hot liquid, I groaned as it burned my tongue, making this weird noise that even Yong stopped eating to look at me.

  Ignoring the minor burn, I continued to eat.

  My eyes caught hold of the suddenly shuddering body on my bed, the boy was sweating profusely and his face turned sideways facing my direction. He looked like he was having some sort of nightmare.

  I rushed to him with a damp towel in hand to wipe off the sweat on his face, fearing that he might have fever. As soon as the cool fabric touched his forehead, his eyes fluttered open, startling me as I yelped.

  “Oma-yah, you startled me!” I blurted out to the guy who just woke up.

  He slowly sat up and looked around my room. There really wasn’t much to see here, my room contained only the necessary furniture, it was just a plain, boring room.

  “I found you unconscious at an abandoned field on New Year’s Day after two guys beat you up.”

  Probably not the best thing to say to a person who just woke up from coma…

  “My name is Park Hye Jung, and you?”

  “I-…Grrr” His self introduction was interrupted by growl.

  Don’t look at Yong, the pup was peacefully sleeping beside the table.

  To be more exact, a stomach growl.

  The brunette glanced at his stomach and back to me, looking embarrassed.

  I chuckled. “Of course, you’re hungry. You haven’t eaten for two days. Come. Eat before we get on with the questions” I got him a bowl of rice cake soup and a pair of chopsticks as he sat opposite me.

  “Help yourself, don’t be shy” I half ordered.

  "I'll eat well" He shyly took the chopsticks beside the bowl before wolfing down the food on the table.

  Thank God I made more than what I usually make because this guy was really hungry. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Onew is finally awake!

How was this chapter?

Leave me comment down below telling me what you think<3

Please subscribe if you'd like to know more on what happens next!