Warm

Accidental

“Hyung, why is it so cold?”

Joonmyun laughs and reaches up to ruffle Zitao’s hair. “Because it’s winter.”

Zitao pouts at him and shakes his head. “Make it warmer.”

Joonmyun laughs and pokes the younger boy’s cheeks. “Don’t be silly Taozi, I can’t control the weather.”

He turns back to look at the shop’s display window again. A few moments later his vision is obscured by the fabric of Zitao’s over-sized sweatshirt. The younger boy had slipped it over his head, stepping closer to keep both of them in it.

“I can’t see Zitao.”

A pause and the neckline of the sweatshirt is pulled down under his nose. Laughing hard, Joonmyun reaches backwards and pokes Zitao’s sides.

“This isn’t going to work Zitao.”

Zitao huffs and grabs Joonmyun’s hands, pulling them through the sweatshirt’s sleeves before wrapping his arms around Joonmyun’s waist.

“We’ll make it work hyung.”

Joonmyun chuckles softly and pulls a little more on the neckline so that his nose doesn’t feel like it’s going to be snapped off. “Are you warmer now?”

Zitao nods against Joonmyun’s head, hugging him closer. The two are reduced to an awkward waddle but he’d have to admit that it is a lot warmer. There are a few people who do double takes when they see them and he’s pretty sure it’s because they didn’t realize that it’s two people.

“Hyung…”

Joonmyun hums softly, looking in another window as Zitao’s head rests on his. Fingers brush nervously against his stomach and Joonmyun blinks slowly, refocusing to look at their slightly blurry reflection in the glass. Zitao sighs softly, catching Joonmyun’s eyes in their reflection.

“Zitao?”

The younger boy presses his head against Joonmyun’s neck, hugging him tighter around the middle.

“I love you.”

Joonmyun smiles slowly, reaching up and running his fingers through Zitao’s hair. “I love you too.”

Zitao smiles against his neck, nuzzling against him. “Can we go home, hyung?”

Joonmyun shakes his head a little and tugs lightly on the younger boy’s hair. “Fine, I’ll do all this shopping on my own later.”

A soft but extremely embarrassing squeak escapes him when Zitao squeezes him hard and lifts him off the ground. The younger boy laughs happily against his ear and keeps Joonmyun’s feet off the ground as he turns and starts to walk back to the dorms. He finds himself forever thankful that the cold and the late has kept most the people off the streets. Zitao refuses to put him down for a long time so he starts flapping his arms around pointlessly just to listen to the other giggle.

Wufan and Luhan are standing outside of the dorms when they get there. Wufan raises an eyebrow and crosses his arms, looking at the two of them like a disappointed parent. “Joonmyun, we tried calling you about twenty times. Why didn’t you answer your phone?” Joonmyun blinks at them, awkwardly flailing when Zitao puts him down and the sweatshirt slips up over his face. Pulling his arms into the sleeves his digs in his pocket and pulls out his phone, looking down at it inside the darkened insides of the fabric.

| 20 Missed Calls |

| 10 from WuFan Duizhang |

| 10 from Luhan <3 Hyung |

Joonmyun coughs awkwardly, confused as to how his phone went off without his notice. Zitao speaking up surprises him.

“Wufan gege, Luhan gege. It was my fault. I turned Joonmyun gege’s phone onto silent and disabled the vibrate.”

After the slow translation of the Mandarin in his head Joonmyun turns around in shock, momentarily forgetting his place in Zitao’s sweatshirt. Faced with the younger boy’s neck he tilts his head up to try to look at the other. Zitao eyes him awkwardly from the strange position, his head tilted slightly so that he can actually see him.

“Why did you do that?” Wufan’s voice is stern and Zitao frowns.

“Because I wanted to.”

“What if it was something important?” Luhan sounds more curious than anything else and Joonmyun figures he should probably remove himself from Zitao’s sweatshirt.

Slipping out of it, the first thing he sees is Wufan’s hard and irritated expression, Luhan looks how he had sounded with his head slightly tilted to the side.

“You could have called me”

Before Wufan can say anything else, Luhan puts his hand over the taller man’s mouth. “Next time Zitao, maybe you should warn your hyungs.”

Zitao nods slowly and grabs onto Joonmyun’s elbow, starting to walk passed the other two. Head spinning from all the Mandarin he suddenly had to translate Joonmyun follows. Wufan sighs heavily against Luhan’s hand and shakes his head while pushing it away.

“Joonmyun.” Joonmyun looks at the older male uncertainly. “You better take good care of him.”

Joonmyun nods slowly and Luhan elbows Wufan lightly in the side. “I will. Don’t worry.”

Zitao tugs a little on Joonmyun’s elbow again. The warmth of the dorms is nice and he starts the relax the second they close the door.

“Hyung. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you.”

Joonmyun smiles softly and cups the younger boy’s cheeks, eliciting a shiver at the slight chill of his fingers. “I think I’ll let you off this once but next time, tell me when you want to steal me off all to yourself.”

Zitao blushes and looks down, shuffling slightly when Joonmyun presses a kiss the to tip of his nose.

“Now lets go curl up and be warm, I don’t like the cold anymore than you do.”

-=-

Thank you so much to everyone who has subscribed and thank you so so much for those of you who have left me lovely comments.